Multimedia

Author Topic: Mid school "collecting"  (Read 51644 times)

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
Re: Mid school "collecting"
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2014, 03:05:51 PM »
Bobby P wishes he would have stolen that bike when you were eating.  I could be shredding it right now  ;D

The goal with all of my mid school builds is because I want to ride them.  I have a few specific pictures that are iconic or stand out in my mind with the specific builds that would be fun to try to replicate.  I get that some dudes enjoy collecting shit and keeping it super nice and pristine.  And that is totally cool with me.  But I fully plan on riding the bikes I build up.  There could potentially be some bikes that I see that are so nice/bad ass that I wouldn't want to ride it.  But I have het to meet that bike. 
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline stevefromtexas

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2014, 09:50:49 PM »
I don't collect but I got some things around like xs parts MacNeil ruben frame primo rod post primo seat og s&m fat seat I also found a og kink peg a while back some other random things.

Offline RighteousBMX

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2014, 09:55:09 AM »
I have a Primo Pentagon seat and a Poverty post in the garage if anyone wants me to make a video of me burning it.

Offline CMB

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2014, 11:22:25 AM »
I'd love to find a 36t Profile Blackjack sprocket.
refs: Alice Glass, laloest33, Rusty, mphelps, .SIN., milhous, jaymeatsack, CHROME_RIMS_YO, LittleDevil661, Piffery, Trvsty, Patty, toady, shutta, cb4130, Black Miguel, BGB, onewaystu, Bunky, arcadecycles, LeonLikesToRock & more!

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2014, 02:49:15 AM »
maybe a coalition seat.

I hear you with that one. I sold mine on a bike to a friend about 3 years and had been looking for one since. Found one on the bay a few weeks ago and promptly snapped it up.
Hangovers and trains

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2014, 04:05:27 AM »
i wonder whether the recent reissues of classic frames has increased interest in "mid school" parts and bikes, or whether its the other way around with increased interest creating a viable market for reissues.

im pretty stoked either way, i like to ride my bikes and though i still really want to own another 2000ish STA, i think id be a bit dissapointed when i built it up because now im used to and prefer more modern geometry (steeper ht and shorter back end), hence why im stoked about the AOD
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline sparadrap

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2014, 01:58:53 PM »
Long time lurker first time poster here (prompted by this thread somehow).

I got the ball rolling when I got my 2002 Dragonfly DFX back from storage. Been building it up slowly for the past year and a half, scooping up parts here and there. I got a Pentagon when the Hemmorhoid stock at ChainReaction sold out, a Primo Rod from a unicycle webstore.

Still need a couple 48H rims (Alex or Haz Lites), a new BB for my 15 year-old Profile set and a pair of Tenderizers since I donated my 1664/Wellgos to my commuter.

I enjoy reminiscing about the good old days but I doubt I'll ride it as much as my new school BMX.

(PS: Hello everyone)

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2014, 09:20:02 AM »
"with increased interest creating a viable market for reissues."  I think it is 100% due to this.   

Not so long ago, there were some T1 Team Issue sticker packs that went up on Ebay and the dude sold multiple sets for way too much money.  I think some of the first ones he sold were over $100 a sticker pack.  It was pretty insane.  But then, all of the sudden there were all of these different auctions of various T1 stickers from other people, trying to cash in on the dumbasses who pay $80 for a T1 Team Issue pack (this dumbass is guilty of being one of the buyers). 

PS-  if you are that person and you post on this site, I salute your sticker hustling abilities. 

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2014, 04:29:33 AM »
i guess as certain things become more desirable it bumps prices up-some of that oldschool stuff goes for stupid prices (especially as everyone ive spoke to who actually rode in the 80s reminisces fondly about how shit bikes and parts were back then). with midschool stuff being dirt cheap until recently i guess people decided to start buying that up instead cos it was better value. also maybe the age of people collecting this stuff, i could imagine people getting into building up old bikes, filling their house with them then thinking "now what"? they cost too much and are too hard to get hold of to be worth actually riding for most people

im a bit bummed tbh, been trying to pick up an old STA on the cheap for a while now (its a lot harder in australia than in the US), but now theyre gonna be priced well beyond what i wanna pay

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2014, 05:24:56 AM »
im a bit bummed tbh, been trying to pick up an old STA on the cheap for a while now (its a lot harder in australia than in the US), but now theyre gonna be priced well beyond what i wanna pay

STAs were north of 1k here from memory. Good luck finding one and even more luck finding one cheap in Australia. Keep an eye out for one in the States and then use myus to ship it over. they come up pretty often and aren't pricey.
Hangovers and trains

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2014, 01:35:20 PM »
dude, what is your email?  I will holler at you about some STA stuff.  I live in Iowa and they are pretty easy to come by if you aren't looking for a specific year or something like that. 

Offline red_spectre

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2014, 02:08:16 PM »
I have a mint set of Macneil Ruben Bars, a first run Macneil Ruben Stem in excellent condition (that I have used recently and likely will use again), and a mint pair of original Terrible One Ruben bars. I also have a Maas built Terrible One Barcode that I plan to eventually paint and hang on a wall. Everything else I sold or gave away. I held on to the items listed purely for sentimental reasons...

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2014, 06:56:21 AM »

STAs were north of 1k here from memory. Good luck finding one and even more luck finding one cheap in Australia. Keep an eye out for one in the States and then use myus to ship it over. they come up pretty often and aren't pricey.
yeah they were 500 quid in the uk (for the ox plat ones), but there were quite a lot going around at one point, and plenty of old slightly thrashed ones for like 50 quid.

skatepark rider-pm send, cheers

Offline kevinvalot

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »
i have an og s&m redneck that was red until i painted it black unfortunately, i was 14 or so, i have a pair of glam v2 bars that i have hanging on the wall, i know its from a bit later of an era but glam v2's are classics in my book. especially with what randy taylor did for mutiny, one of the best riders to ever exist.  RIP randy

Offline vandalsucks

• View Profile
    • http://www.hevil.com
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2014, 11:06:36 PM »
Jay-  You  have some kick ass bikes, there is no doubt about that. 

Boomhauer- I will hold you to said nug acquisition.
I see you were looking for a dk sob on the .Com a bit so I have one for you.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2014, 11:06:36 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello