Multimedia

Author Topic: The "what the hell is Odyssey / Gspprt cooking up" thread.  (Read 95539 times)

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
Re: The "what the hell is Odyssey / Gspprt cooking up" thread.
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2015, 12:36:42 PM »
What would a grindside mold look like? Have you thought about having Shapeways or something similar print it for you?

Offline happycatbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2015, 05:25:13 PM »
What would a grindside mold look like? Have you thought about having Shapeways or something similar print it for you?

That'd be an awesome solution so long as it's a decent material for pedal grinds and all that. Honestly, I was just thinking of the normal pedal shape just a bit deeper. It probably doesn't make structural sense, but recessing the holes for the bolts a bit could have an added advantage too. It's just a huge bummer having to switch out pedal sides because you're starting to grind the allen heads unusable and there is still loads of material left untouched.
This is my signature.

This was my bike czech

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2015, 06:49:05 PM »
ive messed around with pin setups to see what works best, ive found this works best

ive had to go without any pins on the outside of the pedal on the top but the pedals are already plenty grippy. the two bolts that are there have the nuts facing down so the allen key bolt head is on the top and still usable. also, having the nuts there means you have to grind them down with the plastic, which slows down the wear on the pedal (cos steel takes ages to grind down).

i mostly grind on pegs but i like doing front pedal grinds on ledges which over time does thrash my pedals. ive only replaced like 2-3 pedal halfs over the last 5 years though so going pretty good (pretty crazy ive had these pedals that long, never thought that was even possible for them to last so long).
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline ediotism

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2015, 02:49:32 AM »
the two bolts that are there have the nuts facing down so the allen key bolt head is on the top and still usable. also, having the nuts there means you have to grind them down with the plastic, which slows down the wear on the pedal (cos steel takes ages to grind down).

that's very nice. if i recall correctly, the pedals come with 21mm and 18mm long bolts. i bought some 15mm ones so the setup is 18 and 15mm's, only on one side.

you can probably get some at 12mm or so, and when you swap to a new pedal half you can pop those in for slowing down grind wear and not have to deal with bolts that stick out the grind side. or maybe you already do that.

Offline MilkyWilky

• www.marcsist.com
    • View Profile
    • Marcsist
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2015, 05:52:19 PM »
I thought something like the reverse concave of a regular pedal, with some left to right concave to lock it in when getting crooked. Just thick  as anything. Another nice thought would be pedal pins with a keyed tip, for removal.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2015, 06:03:26 PM »
the two bolts that are there have the nuts facing down so the allen key bolt head is on the top and still usable. also, having the nuts there means you have to grind them down with the plastic, which slows down the wear on the pedal (cos steel takes ages to grind down).

that's very nice. if i recall correctly, the pedals come with 21mm and 18mm long bolts. i bought some 15mm ones so the setup is 18 and 15mm's, only on one side.

you can probably get some at 12mm or so, and when you swap to a new pedal half you can pop those in for slowing down grind wear and not have to deal with bolts that stick out the grind side. or maybe you already do that.

i had a load of old ground down bolts kicking about from when i first got these pedals and was grinding on them with all the pins in. i hacksawed the stock ones down a bit for the rest of the pedals after tearing my shins open, they last ages though. ive got a pack of spare bolts as well so these pedals should pretty much last me forever, just need to buy a pack of spare body halves like once every year or so
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2015, 06:03:26 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello