Multimedia

Author Topic: Quick Questions  (Read 784515 times)

Offline tim_sch

• View Profile
Re: Quick Questions
« Reply #960 on: March 14, 2014, 11:40:59 AM »
I don't think so, they have a built-in race.

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 15, 2014, 07:41:01 AM »
So I gotta get some older dirt forks or something?

Offline tim_sch

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 15, 2014, 03:54:36 PM »
yep

Offline Mychaylo

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 15, 2014, 06:48:56 PM »
If you wanted to drop the king headset (doubt it) there is the Verde neo headset with press in cups but seated for integrated bearings, I've got one on the way for my barcode.
Lovin' is what i got.

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 16, 2014, 04:34:52 PM »
sweet. let me know how it works out for you!

Offline Mychaylo

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 16, 2014, 11:40:14 PM »
Will do, it should be with me Tuesday which gives me time to finish the restoration, refaced the BB and headset cup seats got everything nice and round again and filled in the dents, going to paint it British racing green. Super excited.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:42:14 AM by Mychaylo »
Lovin' is what i got.

Offline Tony Harrison

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 17, 2014, 02:46:11 PM »
You can use a King headset with an integrated race. Apparently it is the wrong angle but my friend does it with no trouble and has done since I've known him.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 17, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »
Solid headset should work I think?
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 17, 2014, 06:12:03 PM »
I'm almost positive you have to use the press on race that comes with the solid headset coz needle bearings
Quote from: blueee;3557172
i went to a rave at a zoo one time. although i didnt give the dolphins heroin substitute

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 17, 2014, 11:43:20 PM »
While it doesn't "officially" work, a King headset can usually be used with an integrated fork race.

Brooklynrider

« Reply #970 on: March 18, 2014, 01:00:14 AM »
I'm almost positive you have to use the press on race that comes with the solid headset coz needle bearings
The top part of the solid headset includes a tiny washer that goes between the headset bearing and the locking mechanism. It is basically a washer that slants 45 degrees towards the inside. if you have an extra one, you could put it on top of an integrated bearing race on a modern fork to replace the bottom race of a solid headset.

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 21, 2014, 06:03:07 PM »
I'm in talks with some one about a new frame and I was wondering if any one knew the dimensions of a 30t mds with extra guard. I'm wanting a nice straight chain line. I emailed odyssey and haven't heard back from them yet.

Offline butterynozza

• macaroni and cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 22, 2014, 04:40:33 AM »
I'm in talks with some one about a new frame and I was wondering if any one knew the dimensions of a 30t mds with extra guard. I'm wanting a nice straight chain line. I emailed odyssey and haven't heard back from them yet.

only frame i have had that clears decently sized tires and a flipped 30t mds is a ian/2nd wave. 3rd wave probably clears em too, but not the broadcaster. soundwave might be your best bet if you want some decent tire clearance too.

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 22, 2014, 05:16:52 AM »
only frame i have had that clears decently sized tires and a flipped 30t mds is a ian/2nd wave. 3rd wave probably clears em too, but not the broadcaster. soundwave might be your best bet if you want some decent tire clearance too.

I'm talking to spooky Dave at the moment. We are trying to see if he thinks he can clear it with a single or double bend back end. He doesn't have the tooling for a wishbone at the moment. He was also the first person to get back to me out of the frame builders that I know off

Offline _tom_

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tom_the_beast
« Reply #974 on: March 23, 2014, 04:49:47 PM »
So I've noticed this is happening on both of my road bike tyres, some kind of thread keeps coming away round the entire tyre. They're Conti GP4000s. Is it a problem meaning they need replacing to avoid some kind of blow out? If so I'll be pissed off, cant have done more than 1000 miles on these!

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #974 on: March 23, 2014, 04:49:47 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special