Multimedia

Author Topic: Quick Questions  (Read 784734 times)

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Questions
« Reply #840 on: October 17, 2013, 11:51:07 PM »
most hardware stores have 3/8ths 24tpi bolts
Quote from: blueee;3557172
i went to a rave at a zoo one time. although i didnt give the dolphins heroin substitute

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #841 on: October 18, 2013, 07:01:55 AM »
will these fit the ratchet 3/8ths axle and the marmoset?

Bolt Screw M6 x 18mm Taper Head Conical Head 4pcs
-or-
BN M6 X 20mmSocket Cap Bolts Screws HEX 5 pcs set
-or-
4pcs M6 x 20mm Screw Bolt Allen Hex Socket Cap Head
Head diameter: 10mm

they dont say whether the threading is 3/8ths or 10mm

As Brooklynrider said, M6 is the thread. You need 3/8" 24tpi (also called 3/8" UNF)

http://www.empirebmx.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6852
http://www.empirebmx.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9400

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 31, 2013, 03:14:39 PM »
Anyone hook up odyssey Springfield brakes for frontbrake use? I saw the new fairdale bikes have them but didn't really get to check it out. So over having to adjust shit.
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline Sasha

• Pro_Tom
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 31, 2013, 05:47:45 PM »
Adjusting shit is awesome. The Springfield brakes don't feel great.

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 31, 2013, 06:33:48 PM »
^^^ Are you kidding?

Maybe you have a problem with your bosses or cable, they should feel awesome (unless you have a weird preference)

Anyone hook up odyssey Springfield brakes for frontbrake use? I saw the new fairdale bikes have them but didn't really get to check it out. So over having to adjust shit.

I have done it. Takes a bit of fiddling but not a huge amount. Cut slot deeper for cable to fit through smoothly.

G.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline Fgfkds

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 01, 2013, 12:10:42 PM »
Heard only good things about Empire, so thinking of ordering a bunch of stuff from them to the UK, anyone have any experience with this? (shipping times prices etc)

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 01, 2013, 12:24:01 PM »
Heard only good things about Empire, so thinking of ordering a bunch of stuff from them to the UK, anyone have any experience with this? (shipping times prices etc)

Think theres a pretty high risk of getting stung with customs charges nowadays.

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 01, 2013, 06:04:35 PM »

Empire are rock fucking solid, you need have no worries at all on that.

Whether you get stung for customs is down to luck and value. If you are ordering several hundred quids worth then it may well get charged and wont be within your "allowance". Smaller cheaper items are both less likely to get charged and more likely to slip through.

Obviously UK distributors and shops are loosing out on business though and distributors are unlikely to support warranty, so factor that in to the price as well as possible duties.

If you have a relative or friend in the US (even if they are just visiting for a few weeks) then get it shipped to them and they can ship it on to you as a "gift" (or bring it back on the plane)...

In the old days, UK BMXers would put together a load of orders and then someone would go out and ride for a few weeks (often not taking a bike but building one there and bringing it back) and essentially get a free holiday. There is obviously the need to go through the "nothing to declare" lane when you get back, but if the bike is already built and looks used then you are likely to be fine..

G.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 06:06:27 PM by G »

Offline Sasha

• Pro_Tom
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 01, 2013, 06:13:17 PM »
^^^ Are you kidding?

Maybe you have a problem with your bosses or cable, they should feel awesome (unless you have a weird preference)

I think they're awesome for people who have no idea what they're doing. I like my spring tension wayyyy lower though. I know you can stretch/change the spring but that's way more hassle than just not turning something too much.

Offline sloppy

• \"Something Awesome\"
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 02, 2013, 07:13:33 PM »
I've been using phil wood or park tools grease on all my bike stuff for ages now. i don't really know what the "right" grease to use it but id imagine practically anything would work, my old LBS swore by white lithium automotive grease

Most "Bicycle Grease" is just rebranded automotive/marine grease at a higher price point for a smaller package.
Quote from: GeorgiaBMXer;1590816
At least I am not a idoit like most of you

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 03, 2013, 02:44:05 PM »
^^^ Are you kidding?

I think they're awesome for people who have no idea what they're doing. I like my spring tension wayyyy lower though. I know you can stretch/change the spring but that's way more hassle than just not turning something too much.

I like low spring tension too. It took me approx 0.4seconds to pull the arms apart enough to stretch out the spring a little and get it how I like... definitely less time consuming than trying to balance the arms.

G.

Offline Fgfkds

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 08, 2013, 12:32:23 PM »
Do you really need the slack pin on a Federal freecoaster? I'm thinking of just ditching it and cutting the axle down

Offline Mychaylo

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 08, 2013, 03:51:05 PM »
You dont need it im at full slack as it worked its way out, if you dont want it send it me haha.
Lovin' is what i got.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 13, 2013, 02:39:58 PM »
Hey guys... I want to find a barrel adjuster/cable lug for a front shell brake. Something similar to the one that comes with evo 2's. Can anyone point me in the right direction.I think I need it also since I have the fly CNC lever

Offline _tom_

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tom_the_beast
« Reply #854 on: November 19, 2013, 02:30:15 PM »
Anyone know what the cheapest replacement cassette driver I could get for my Model C is? Was gonna buy tee's 33t tree sprocket but I think it'll make my gearing stupidly hard to ride with the current driver considering it's 27t sprocket at the minute. Or, how would a Model C with 33t up front be? I want to make it a bit harder and faster but a 6t jump might be a bit much.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #854 on: November 19, 2013, 02:30:15 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello