Multimedia

Author Topic: Quick Questions  (Read 784456 times)

Offline Trent

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2012, 12:13:54 AM »
Ah ok, I was under the impression it had to be 100% sodium hydroxide, but if it's going to be diluted anyway I guess I don't need that.  AH DOY

Offline CHROME_RIMS_YO

• View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2012, 12:56:09 AM »
does anyone know of any existing hub guards on the market that will work with my 3/8" front suzue hub? i know it's a longshot since it's an old hub. i was considering something like the primo n4fl hub guard or the fly front hub guard since they're both cromo but i'm unsure if either would even be compatible. right now with the existing cone nut & lock nut hardware i have about 2mm space between the lock nut and fork dropout on each side. it would be cool if i could just run dual press on guards that eliminate the old hardware entirely.
OHH HIS NAME? HIS NAME IS RAAALF, MAN
Quote from: Mike Oxlong;3588221
I always thought you were black just like scram hype haha

Offline macandcheese

• View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2012, 02:08:40 PM »
what is the best way to dent a frame from the seat/chainstays for shorter back ends and stuff? My friend has an old Mongoose Shield that is pretty awesome exept when he runs the wheel fully slammed it hits the seatstay bridge and seatstays. thing has like 14.5 chainstays...

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2012, 02:09:58 PM »
Is a single half link an option?

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2012, 02:51:47 PM »
Quote from: CHROME_RIMS_YO;3522082
does anyone know of any existing hub guards on the market that will work with my 3/8" front suzue hub? i know it's a longshot since it's an old hub. i was considering something like the primo n4fl hub guard or the fly front hub guard since they're both cromo but i'm unsure if either would even be compatible. right now with the existing cone nut & lock nut hardware i have about 2mm space between the lock nut and fork dropout on each side. it would be cool if i could just run dual press on guards that eliminate the old hardware entirely.

If it's the same Suzue hub I had, are you sure you want to be running pegs on it? I snapped the flange on mine landing flat off a hip at the trails, not sure how it would take to peg abuse. Although to be fair I ran it for ages after that.
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline macandcheese

• View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »
Quote from: weedbix;3522613
Is a single half link an option?

the weird thing is that the stays easily have 2.25 tire clearance and i think you could fit a 36t on there, but if you try to slam it, the tire rubs the seatstay bridge. actually, you dont even need to slam it, it still rubs when it is not pulled out all the way. i guess it was made for skinny tires or something...but why the big clearance then, i dont know. is it safe to just remove the bridge?  if it matters, it has a wishbone at the chainstays...

Offline CMB

• View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2012, 09:11:37 PM »
Will the Primo DSG fit around a 10t driver?
refs: Alice Glass, laloest33, Rusty, mphelps, .SIN., milhous, jaymeatsack, CHROME_RIMS_YO, LittleDevil661, Piffery, Trvsty, Patty, toady, shutta, cb4130, Black Miguel, BGB, onewaystu, Bunky, arcadecycles, LeonLikesToRock & more!

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2012, 09:16:15 PM »
pretty sure empire says it clears

Offline CHROME_RIMS_YO

• View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2012, 11:42:34 PM »
Quote from: Kinchy;3522624
If it's the same Suzue hub I had, are you sure you want to be running pegs on it? I snapped the flange on mine landing flat off a hip at the trails, not sure how it would take to peg abuse. Although to be fair I ran it for ages after that.

it's low flange 36h and it's held up to a lot of double peg grinds and toothpick bonks this past year. i've also had friends run the same hubs for years only ever replacing the bearings and upgrading to standard or kink hardened axles. maybe high flange hubs get the flanges gnarled quicker than low flange hubs. i remember my old 48h 3/8" hoffman gack front hub flange got bent in by 1/4" on a grind gone slightly wrong. i've had a few double pegs end up hitting the spokes on this wheel, but the hub flange is still perfect.
OHH HIS NAME? HIS NAME IS RAAALF, MAN
Quote from: Mike Oxlong;3588221
I always thought you were black just like scram hype haha

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2012, 12:33:28 AM »
Quote from: CHROME_RIMS_YO;3522082

What about thread on guards like the older Shadow Raptor guard?

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2012, 10:14:26 PM »
Does anyone want to trade brand new "new style" profile elite pawls for the original three tooth elite pawls?

Offline joshfitforbatle

• View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2012, 10:22:22 PM »
You would probably have better luck in the buy/sell forum.
Quote from: Fed_Tom;3425962
south park taught me everything i know.

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2012, 06:56:53 PM »
Quote from: joshfitforbatle;3523934
You would probably have better luck in the buy/sell forum.

Thanks.  I was able to get 11 of the old style pawls.  So I have 12 new and 11 old.  I am only using 6 old and 6 new.  If anyone is interested in the extra pawls pm me.

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2012, 08:23:14 AM »
anyone know the spec for a first wave? tried searching and couldnt come up with anything

Offline Ruben José

• View Profile
Quick Questions
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2012, 03:36:22 PM »
ST 13.75"
HT 74.5
BB 11.75"
Standover 8.5"
ST angle: 71 degrees
Quote from: @ss4oLe
The only thing that matters to me about bmx anymore is just being able to ride the damn thing. Doesn't matter if I'm not learning tricks. As long as I'm riding, hanging with friends or alone, There is a smile on my face.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Quick Questions
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2012, 03:36:22 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special