The Street > The Bike Shop

Quick Questions

<< < (2/272) > >>

Sasha:
^ It should have come with one, 15/16ths to 22mm tophat washer. Bikeshop should just give you one if they have any.

hugh.:

--- Quote from: Fed_Tom;3501594 ---^ It should have come with one, 15/16ths to 22mm tophat washer. Bikeshop should just give you one if they have any.
--- End quote ---

Nope. Only came with a 19mm adapter. I'll draw one up on solidworks and cnc it In school tommorow. Thanks dude.

Rusty:
So both my wheels are getting pretty trashed and I have a few questions. I saw some close out spokes on Odyssey's store so I was thinking about picking them up. How do I cut them to length? Also I don't want to pay a bike shop to rebuild my wheels so is it a bad idea to take one back spoke out at a time and replace it with a new one? Then true it at the end?

My second question, I know some people had some problems with vandero 2's getting wobbely and having shit bearings. Is it worth it to replace the bearings and cones and just rebuild that wheel too?

Thanks guys!

RidingBMX:
Is your vandero2 messed up already?  If not, just leave it, mine is still going strong.

-MEAT-:

--- Quote from: Rusty;3502388 ---How do I cut them to length?
--- End quote ---

A dremel with a thin cutting disk will cut through threads without damaging them or leaving any ragged edges, like sawing or snipping them would. You may need to tap the threads longer too.... in which case its probably worth just buying the correct length spokes in the first place. One spoke at a time should work too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version