The Street > The Bike Shop

Quick Questions

(1/272) > >>

Trent:
A general help thread for questions/concerns that you don't feel warrant their own thread.

Rusty:
I wanna trim my front axle down since I'm using an older wheel for the time being. Never trimmed axles, is it just a matter of hacking the excess off and filing down the ends?

Kel:

--- Quote from: Rusty;3501577 ---I wanna trim my front axle down since I'm using an older wheel for the time being. Never trimmed axles, is it just a matter of hacking the excess off and filing down the ends?
--- End quote ---

Yup, go for it. Just make sure you compensate for how much space a peg will take up on there if you're running one. I've trimmed axles too short years ago and it's a downer.

hugh.:

--- Quote from: Rusty;3501577 ---I wanna trim my front axle down since I'm using an older wheel for the time being. Never trimmed axles, is it just a matter of hacking the excess off and filing down the ends?
--- End quote ---

Pretty much. Before you file it down , unscrew and screw back on the nut a few times so you keep the threads clear.

hugh.:
Where would I get a hat washer so that my Odyssey sprocket will fit properly on my Fly V3s? Should the sprockets come with a washer like that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version