Multimedia

Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today? (v2)  (Read 1842521 times)

Offline pegs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do to your bike today? (v2)
« Reply #4395 on: March 31, 2015, 03:28:17 AM »
showing your age? more like 8" is just a memory!

unless GT are making two sizes they completely fucked this up, state of them! eurgh

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: March 31, 2015, 08:23:44 AM »
i'm old but i meant more from a mid sized to large. bars that would be nice to have are now coming in at 9" as a starting point. signature bars fine, that's what the rider wants, but team bars thats basically saying get taller or look like a goof with big bars. especially if they look gross. you have no choice. if those gt bars come in other sizes than 9, i think they would sell real well.

Offline pegs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: March 31, 2015, 09:25:19 AM »
i'm with ya, the standard has been upped for sure. Slam size bars look small now, but that's only cos everything else these days looks so out of proportion. I hope they do an OG sized version of the GTs, surely they'd sell a shitload to bmxmuseum heads, then there's everyone who rides scerbos, etc. though I suppose the amount of kids buying the big ugly new ones will be higher

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: March 31, 2015, 08:04:05 PM »
^^^ i cant see the kids buying em tbh

the gt bars are a specific market, like you said the bmx museum carpet queeners for their midschool builds, and the east coast US/real uk streeters who are loyal to the scerbos are gonna be the prime candidates i reckon.

unless all the pitta bread tyred, plastic peg, tcu lovin LA plaza street riders start reppin them, i cant see them selling in high volume to the kiddies

and trvp pizza, you could always get a front loader stem, and cut your steerer or whatever. generally im noticing bar sizes going down again, im one of the last few on 10s around here (though people still like their bars retardedly wide). id struggle to go lower, but id love an option with a smaller box (though that would also look stupid)
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: March 31, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
I do have a front load, i think for me its not the actual size but the look of how big they are throws me off. I think mutiny does a good job of making big bars look not so big and the benny L bars dont look bad either. But at the moment big4s are doing good. I had to throw my sxtn on today since my back was feeling a little bit of pain but i may do the bigger bar with my front load in the future.

Offline CMB

• View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: April 01, 2015, 05:04:15 PM »
Went to a bike shop where they had a bargain bin full of good stuff for $2 if you bought something at regular price. So I bought a blue Odyssey Linear cable and walked out with a 28t Fit DL sprocket for 2 bucks.
refs: Alice Glass, laloest33, Rusty, mphelps, .SIN., milhous, jaymeatsack, CHROME_RIMS_YO, LittleDevil661, Piffery, Trvsty, Patty, toady, shutta, cb4130, Black Miguel, BGB, onewaystu, Bunky, arcadecycles, LeonLikesToRock & more!

Offline mrjimyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: April 02, 2015, 09:10:35 PM »
Snapped my Fly Montana clean doing a flat 3. Must have been damaged from something else but just days ago I wiped it down and recall no cracks here. Trying to decide now between a Soundwave and Motoross.

Bike Check

With enough lube and brute force, anything is possible.

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: April 02, 2015, 09:46:43 PM »
Put a new aitken tyre on the front. Have odyssey stopped doing plyte tyres?

Also come to the conclusion I won't be running a 48spoke front wheel anytime soon

Brooklynrider

« Reply #4403 on: April 02, 2015, 11:40:36 PM »
Snapped my Fly Montana clean doing a flat 3. Must have been damaged from something else but just days ago I wiped it down and recall no cracks here. Trying to decide now between a Soundwave and Motoross.
Wow, must have been some weak weld for it to crack directly on it.

Offline meathead

• View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: April 04, 2015, 09:49:41 AM »
new chain and forks, changed sprocket over from a fucked mds to a barely used 30t shadow , just need to wait for the new ironcross one to arrive :)

Offline @ss4oLe

• View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: April 04, 2015, 10:29:38 AM »
Rode some dirt jumps.

Swapped out the pinched to hell Freeze stem for a Fedetal stem.

Offline mattmoney

• View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: April 04, 2015, 04:53:17 PM »

Which version? Pretty impressed with my v1 Montana. Mine's held up for almost 4 years to pegs and all until I just recently retired it.
Started to get tiny stress cracks around the seat stays (same area) but I'm sure its still got a little life in it
I've still seen a decent amount of broken ones though

Offline mrjimyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: April 04, 2015, 07:36:10 PM »

Which version? Pretty impressed with my v1 Montana. Mine's held up for almost 4 years to pegs and all until I just recently retired it.
Started to get tiny stress cracks around the seat stays (same area) but I'm sure its still got a little life in it
I've still seen a decent amount of broken ones though

I think it's a v2 (2011 model). Only saw light peg use for a couple months and it never took any huge hits, and the forks I bought at the same time (Fly agua) snapped a year and a half ago - straight along the welds as well. Every Montana I've seen cracked has been in this same area so I wasn't surprised, I rode it just a few weeks more than 3 years.
Bike Check

With enough lube and brute force, anything is possible.

Offline mattmoney

• View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: April 05, 2015, 11:49:59 PM »
Damn. I'm still riding my agua's which are almost as old as my montana. No signs of cracking yet.. Though I'm coincidentally throwing on a different set like tomorrow
I'm pretty surprised how well the fly stuff has held up for me. I've broken two sets of 4 pieces and cracked a rim or two in that same period.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: April 06, 2015, 07:05:15 AM »
Adjusted my brakes, put air in the tires, and rode a tennis court for about an hour yesterday.
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #4409 on: April 06, 2015, 07:05:15 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello