Multimedia

Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today? (v2)  (Read 1863526 times)

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
Re: What did you do to your bike today? (v2)
« Reply #3705 on: December 16, 2013, 01:29:39 PM »
Rode it in the snow the other day, then moved it up to the spare room in my house. This snow shit needs to stop.

Offline CMB

• View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: December 16, 2013, 03:22:44 PM »
Tried to ride it, shoulder still hurts :(. Then I put a pair of those super soft ODI's on.
refs: Alice Glass, laloest33, Rusty, mphelps, .SIN., milhous, jaymeatsack, CHROME_RIMS_YO, LittleDevil661, Piffery, Trvsty, Patty, toady, shutta, cb4130, Black Miguel, BGB, onewaystu, Bunky, arcadecycles, LeonLikesToRock & more!

Danno

« Reply #3707 on: December 16, 2013, 03:40:15 PM »
Not so much what I did to it but what I ordered for it. New rims on the way and a quick conversation with Hope about the BMX hubs they're bringing out next month. Think I'm going to press the button on a set but don't know whether I can bring myself to drop down to 28-9. 25 tooth sprockets are for children!

Offline metalbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: December 16, 2013, 05:41:48 PM »
Tightened all my spokes a 1/4 turn. Love that ping sound the very next ride!

Offline Mattchu

• View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: December 17, 2013, 01:56:35 AM »
Cruised the local indoor tonight. Figured out some toothpick whiplashes on this fun little jersey barrier-ish ramp. Got stoked.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3506108
Mid West for life.

Offline dersou ousala

• View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: December 17, 2013, 03:51:06 AM »
i rode like 6 hours the other day. Then go directly to a party, without eating. drunk every kind of alcohol. puke everywhere on a couch, then woke up half-naked on the same couch. came back to my place with my bike, puking every 50meters on the way. not fun.

Offline CHROME_RIMS_YO

• View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: December 18, 2013, 12:14:55 PM »
i got some new chrome s&m fathead bars and a 48mm fit bf stem in trade recently, so i cut the bars down from 29" to 27.5 and slapped a fresh t1 'fuckwipe' sticker i'd been stashing since it wouldn't show on my old black bars. had to hammer in a set of animal plastic bar ends so i'm liking how thick the tubing is. on my t1 bars i had to beef up the OD of the same bar ends with a few layers of electrical tape before lightly pushing them in. also the stem looks really good compared to my old boring rectangular fit s3 stem.

i recently bought a drill bit, tap and tap handle on ebay for drilling and tapping my fbm autopilot's headtube for fly gyro tabs. i planned on using a dremel tool for the drilling, and that was just stupid fucking planning on my part. tough steel, and hard to drill straight even with both hands on the dremel. i obviously need a better setup, so i'll wait til i move back to california this summer. my dad has a drill press for wood that he doesn't care about, maybe it'll drill 4 holes through an fbm headtube before the motor burns out.

also after finally realizing that i hate how short and stumpy my united railed seat looks, i managed to snag a new odyssey aitken seat for $17. basically the united seat is like an odyssey junior with a wider base, and i remember my old aitken seat was an inch or more longer and a better shape overall. finally no more walking past my bike looking at it wondering what it is about it that grosses me out. i'm slowly eliminating the parts on my bike that gross me out, and that feels good. it's frustrating as hell not being able to tell what you don't like about your setup.
OHH HIS NAME? HIS NAME IS RAAALF, MAN
Quote from: Mike Oxlong;3588221
I always thought you were black just like scram hype haha

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: December 18, 2013, 01:47:23 PM »
i got some new chrome s&m fathead bars and a 48mm fit bf stem in trade recently, so i cut the bars down from 29" to 27.5 and slapped a fresh t1 'fuckwipe' sticker i'd been stashing since it wouldn't show on my old black bars. had to hammer in a set of animal plastic bar ends so i'm liking how thick the tubing is. on my t1 bars i had to beef up the OD of the same bar ends with a few layers of electrical tape before lightly pushing them in. also the stem looks really good compared to my old boring rectangular fit s3 stem.

i recently bought a drill bit, tap and tap handle on ebay for drilling and tapping my fbm autopilot's headtube for fly gyro tabs. i planned on using a dremel tool for the drilling, and that was just stupid fucking planning on my part. tough steel, and hard to drill straight even with both hands on the dremel. i obviously need a better setup, so i'll wait til i move back to california this summer. my dad has a drill press for wood that he doesn't care about, maybe it'll drill 4 holes through an fbm headtube before the motor burns out.

also after finally realizing that i hate how short and stumpy my united railed seat looks, i managed to snag a new odyssey aitken seat for $17. basically the united seat is like an odyssey junior with a wider base, and i remember my old aitken seat was an inch or more longer and a better shape overall. finally no more walking past my bike looking at it wondering what it is about it that grosses me out. i'm slowly eliminating the parts on my bike that gross me out, and that feels good. it's frustrating as hell not being able to tell what you don't like about your setup.

It's crazy how much difference a seat makes to the look of a bike.

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: December 18, 2013, 01:50:22 PM »
I bought a Mutiny tripod seat/post and I haven't been able to run it because the seat looks so short to me. It feels a lot like when I bought Macneil's first version of the pivotal seat which was a chubby little thing (not sure how many on here remember how odd the shape was).

Offline firebikesmullets

• Turd Sandwich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: December 18, 2013, 01:55:17 PM »
I trued the rear wheel. I'm also considering rawing the frame and fork and letting both develop that nice, rusty, patina while having the rest of the bike be relatively nice and dialed looking. I'm pretty sick of fussing over keeping the paint nice.

Offline Patty

• View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: December 18, 2013, 06:21:21 PM »
Traded my animist for an fbm joint
Quote from: Austin Tasseltine;3615349
yeah its got to be, but the fact that you never can be sure with an opinionated christian on the internet is worrying

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: December 18, 2013, 06:22:30 PM »
touched my bmx bike for the first time since like october. stuck it in the corner
Quote from: blueee;3557172
i went to a rave at a zoo one time. although i didnt give the dolphins heroin substitute

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: December 18, 2013, 06:47:27 PM »
I bought a Mutiny tripod seat/post and I haven't been able to run it because the seat looks so short to me. It feels a lot like when I bought Macneil's first version of the pivotal seat which was a chubby little thing (not sure how many on here remember how odd the shape was).

it was pretty stumpy.

who remembers this one? the imperial

didnt catch on (wonder why....) looks like it would be ideal for pinching but looks pretty gross haha
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: December 18, 2013, 06:58:46 PM »
all the old pivotal shapes were terrible. especially the ones that looked like a floppy dong once they cracked
Quote from: blueee;3557172
i went to a rave at a zoo one time. although i didnt give the dolphins heroin substitute

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: December 18, 2013, 08:01:45 PM »
Traded my animist for an fbm joint

Why? Animists are awesome!
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #3719 on: December 18, 2013, 08:01:45 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello