Multimedia

Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today? (v2)  (Read 1842605 times)

Offline mutinous

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
What did you do to your bike today? (v2)
« Reply #2205 on: October 25, 2012, 10:28:35 PM »
Took 3pegs off. I want a frame with 33t clearance and big youre clearance. That exists?

Brooklynrider

« Reply #2206 on: October 25, 2012, 10:39:18 PM »
Quote from: mutinous;3601371
Took 3pegs off. I want a frame with 33t clearance and big youre clearance. That exists?

Closest you will get is a sunday 3rd wave. Runs 30t with space and fits huge tires. You might be able to fit a 33t without spacers.

Offline Tiger Lily

• insecure
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: October 25, 2012, 11:03:15 PM »
I put brakes on today.

Offline Austin Tasseltine

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://battersmalley.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2208 on: October 25, 2012, 11:08:12 PM »
brakes are deffos coming back

Offline mutinous

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: October 25, 2012, 11:21:04 PM »
I put them on at the beginning of the year and took them off for the same  reason I did the last time. I can't keep my wheel true.

Offline blueee

• Dumbest, Ugliest, Rattiest spot searching master on bikeguide
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
« Reply #2210 on: October 25, 2012, 11:32:53 PM »
had a friend fix a flat for me

Offline macandcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: October 26, 2012, 03:17:54 AM »
Quote from: Brooklynrider;3601375
Closest you will get is a sunday 3rd wave. Runs 30t with space and fits huge tires. You might be able to fit a 33t without spacers.

yup, could fit my ian huge ass tires and flipped 30t million dollars without problems

EDIOT

« Reply #2212 on: October 26, 2012, 08:40:20 AM »
stuck in injury recovery mode, lent my brother my bike to mess around on. the same brother that once 'cleaned' my bottom bracket with WD-40, pounded old barends into the bars to fit new ones, rounded a couple of 3/8 bolt heads on hubs inside pegs.

it's just a bike afterall but i'm getting progressively more paranoid as i type this out...

Offline pegs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: October 26, 2012, 10:46:43 AM »
Quote from: Pat;3601302
the only thing I could think of as to how it happened was, the other night I was trying a thread the needle Ice Pick between a ledge and a barrier and got sent. I thought my peg had caught the end of the ledge, I guess not.

Yeah its a bummer. I might have to lace up my old 7ka as that is the only rim that has held up in the rear for an extended period of time for me.

BTW Pegs, wondering in a general forum without directly contacting the company only offers the opportunity for speculation. Having Odsy and G-sport employees here only offers the benefit of speculation from the horse's mouth, as I would have to contact the warranty department directly for a final verdict (as Skateparkrider was nice enough to point out). I am fully aware of where fault lies when it comes to bike parts, I am no dumb 14 year old child. It was merely an attempt at a topic of conversation. Similar to how you would engage your friend after breaking something. i.e. "Dude I wonder if they would warranty that"

if I did that to a rim myself I wouldnt even think about a warranty, it'd be my own fault fucking it up while riding

either way your fishing got you a bite so you might get a cheaper replacement, I still say just ride it though

Offline Topsey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: October 26, 2012, 11:42:52 AM »
S&M Redneck LT from Chrome Rims Yo arrived today so i put that on the T-1. Couldnt be more annoyed though, i need another spacer as there is about 1000th of an inch gap!!! Im gunna cut the steerer tube when the weather isnt abysmal.

More parts for the FBM arrived today too. S&M Director seat & a Fit 200mm post. I'll post photos tommorow when it isnt pitch black!

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: October 26, 2012, 11:50:12 AM »
Not for my bike....but I usually build up new wheels for everybody in the office.  Here is my first ever ti spoke build.  Odyssey Vandero 2 laced to Aerospace rim with G-Sport nipples.  I used 182mm spokes.  I also went with the G-Sport nips because I heard you have to really tension ti spokes.  Laced up like a champ.  This is probably the 4th or 5th Aerospace rim I have laced up.  Really really digging this rim.  Seems like once you get the spokes up to tension, the rim just goes straight.  

Overall weight on the wheel is 0.123214 Stone (1lbs 11.6 oz) with out the rim strip.  Pretty damn lite weight.  Lacing up the rear tonight.  

Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: October 26, 2012, 11:55:08 AM »
Quote from: Tiger Lily;3601382
I put brakes on today.

Quote from: Austin Tasseltine;3601383
brakes are deffos coming back

I feel like I am in a weird place because it seems like more people ride brakes here than do not.  But I have started noticing people all over saying brakes are making a come back in their respective neck of the woods.  

Back rail fuf to make a come back in 2013?
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline Sebastian

• Tullingsworth
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: October 26, 2012, 12:10:21 PM »
Had my first post-hiatus park session this morning.  It was awesome until my front wheel washed out while pumping over a hip and threw me.  Caught the bars in my side, not pleasant.  Regardless, fuck yeah BMX.

Offline ron_weasley_T1

• View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: October 26, 2012, 12:29:09 PM »
Stickered up the t1

Offline mrjimyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: October 26, 2012, 12:52:38 PM »
Quote from: skateparkrider;3601607
Not for my bike....but I usually build up new wheels for everybody in the office.  Here is my first ever ti spoke build.  Odyssey Vandero 2 laced to Aerospace rim with G-Sport nipples.  I used 182mm spokes.  I also went with the G-Sport nips because I heard you have to really tension ti spokes.  Laced up like a champ.  This is probably the 4th or 5th Aerospace rim I have laced up.  Really really digging this rim.  Seems like once you get the spokes up to tension, the rim just goes straight.  

Overall weight on the wheel is 0.123214 Stone (1lbs 11.6 oz) with out the rim strip.  Pretty damn lite weight.  Lacing up the rear tonight.  

Damn that wheel looks sexy. @r+$y picture to top it off.

I'd much prefer a birdcage myself, but still... damn.
Bike Check

With enough lube and brute force, anything is possible.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #2219 on: October 26, 2012, 12:52:38 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello