Multimedia

Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today? (v2)  (Read 1864265 times)

Offline firebikesmullets

• Turd Sandwich
    • View Profile
What did you do to your bike today? (v2)
« Reply #465 on: January 09, 2012, 07:18:24 PM »
-Rode the park, back wheel shifted towards the end of the session, called it a day, and then centered the wheel to commence more shredding tomorrow.

Offline bluebmx

• Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 09, 2012, 09:11:08 PM »
Quote from: Louis;3516618
Whoa. Did you spend $39.99 on it, or is that a typo on Dan's?

Why are some people acting like $40 for that guard is so insane? Normal aluminum guards are $25, United had some alum guard with a steel insert for $35 even. I think my old Mutiny guard with the steel piece was like $30... so for a 100% heat treated 4130 guard, $40 doesn't seem unreasonable. As long as it isn't made too thin, it should more than make up for the cost difference in longevity.

Offline CMB

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 09, 2012, 09:57:08 PM »
Rode street, cranks came loose, rode to lbs and tightened them up and wound up bullshitting there for 45 mins trying to warm up before riding again haha.
refs: Alice Glass, laloest33, Rusty, mphelps, .SIN., milhous, jaymeatsack, CHROME_RIMS_YO, LittleDevil661, Piffery, Trvsty, Patty, toady, shutta, cb4130, Black Miguel, BGB, onewaystu, Bunky, arcadecycles, LeonLikesToRock & more!

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 09, 2012, 10:09:58 PM »
got my seat in the mail and also got some butcher pegs today. traded stickers for them so i'm pretty happy with the trade. i need to get a 3/8s adapter though but they look like fun. time to order some pedals and possibly a hubguard.

Offline milhous

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 09, 2012, 11:36:40 PM »
Stickered up another one of my old Standard projects-
(still need to put on the down tube stickers).

Offline Austin Tasseltine

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://battersmalley.blogspot.com/
« Reply #470 on: January 09, 2012, 11:44:45 PM »
nice ^^ you should post some of your bikes in the gallery

Offline Trent

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 10, 2012, 01:42:30 AM »
I bought an entire bicycle, then went to tenpack and got some pedals and stickers and other free crap.
Some of you are aware that a few months ago I went to the hospital in an ambulance after breaking my ankle riding by myself.  Within hours of the parameds locking my bike up to the closest rack it was already stolen.  So needless to say it feels really great to have a bike, even though I still can't physically ride it.
A bunch of my bmxfu homies got all their spare parts together and were able to give me a really good deal.  So thanks to the FU and Orb's Garage I'm rolling again.

I've got some black pedals, going to strip the chain/stem/headset and I think it'll be good.  I'll do a bikecheck once all that stuff is done.

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 10, 2012, 05:17:24 PM »
Purchased a gsport guard and some pedals that look exactly like diety compound pedals. Might get the plastic with metal pins set if the ones I got work great.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 10, 2012, 05:45:39 PM »
Quote from: ScramHyphy;3517061
Purchased a gsport guard and some pedals that look exactly like diety compound pedals. Might get the plastic with metal pins set if the ones I got work great.

Are they cheaper versions?  I'd give those a try on my MTB...

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 10, 2012, 05:59:40 PM »
The compounds were $48 +shipping I believe. I got the all plastic Ezra pedals for $20. And the ones that are basically diety compounds are $30.

Offline Louis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 11, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
Quote from: bluebmx;3516729
Why are some people acting like $40 for that guard is so insane? Normal aluminum guards are $25, United had some alum guard with a steel insert for $35 even. I think my old Mutiny guard with the steel piece was like $30... so for a 100% heat treated 4130 guard, $40 doesn't seem unreasonable. As long as it isn't made too thin, it should more than make up for the cost difference in longevity.

Well then guess thats why I grabbed my FBM second hand.

See, there is no description on dan's, & just now there is a picture. So if it is true 4130 & heat treated that explains it. I just figured it was mild steel.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 11, 2012, 04:16:01 PM »
Quote from: Louis;3517341
Well then guess thats why I grabbed my FBM second hand.

See, there is no description on dan's, & just now there is a picture. So if it is true 4130 & heat treated that explains it. I just figured it was mild steel.

Yep, heat treated 4130.  It should last a lot longer than an aluminum guard IMO.

http://www.sandmbikes.com/_product_67780/Parts_-_Cymbal_Hub-Guard

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 11, 2012, 04:16:48 PM »
Quote from: ScramHyphy;3517084
The compounds were $48 +shipping I believe. I got the all plastic Ezra pedals for $20. And the ones that are basically diety compounds are $30.

HMMMMM.....

I'll have to look into these.  I've been wanting some wider pedals for my MTB but I'm on a tight budget.

EDIT: And for the record, while I usually try to support my LBS I cannot get over the ridiculous markup on pedals.  I will never pay full price for a new set of nice pedals... so if I can save on them I will.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:21:18 PM by master »

Offline Trent

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 11, 2012, 04:19:13 PM »
Took all the stickers off, stripped my stem, switched pedals to some black animal hamiltons.
Now, besides the chain, this bike a glorious piece of metal.

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 11, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »
Quote from: zane;3517359
HMMMMM.....

I'll have to look into these.  I've been wanting some wider pedals for my MTB but I'm on a tight budget.

EDIT: And for the record, while I usually try to support my LBS I cannot get over the ridiculous markup on pedals.  I will never pay full price for a new set of nice pedals... so if I can save on them I will.

I don't know if the actual materials are different but $30 is awesome no matter what. And I was going to spend my money at the shop for some pedals but everything was $20+ so I had to pass.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #479 on: January 11, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello