Multimedia

Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today? (v2)  (Read 1842355 times)

Offline ron_weasley_T1

• View Profile
What did you do to your bike today? (v2)
« Reply #1965 on: September 30, 2012, 12:11:02 PM »
Put some air in my tyres. Going to strip & repaint my superstar lmf frame ready to sell.

Offline Mark Cult

• View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: October 01, 2012, 04:19:13 AM »
Finally got to ride my new Fit Wifi. Was very nice and resposive.

Offline farva

• View Profile
    • http://www.flatestatebmx.4t.com
« Reply #1967 on: October 01, 2012, 04:22:23 AM »
Quote from: skateparkrider;3593193
How did you get that paint job like that?  Curious your method.  The smoke appearance looks really awesome.  I <3 spray painted bikes.

I put a few coats of gray primer on the frame/fork/bar and a friend airbrushed all of the detail on with a bunch of stencils he had for splatter detail.  then put an entire can of matte lacquer on it.

Offline _tom_

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tom_the_beast
« Reply #1968 on: October 01, 2012, 06:55:31 AM »
Got my new MTB frame (charge blender), gonna start building it up slowly over the week before work, should get to ride it at the weekend. Took pics of old frame to hopefully shift that, if anyone in the UK wants a beat up Trailstar for cheap let me know haha

Offline bluebmx

• Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: October 01, 2012, 10:17:34 PM »
Sold my old rear Duo Stunner tire to a kid that needed a tire really badly, he didn't even seem to mind that it only had like 1/4 life left in it. Then went home and installed the 1.90 Ruben I had as back up, since I knew the Duo had a limited life span the last time that I place an order from Albes.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: October 01, 2012, 10:22:29 PM »
Pedalled the 24 around and did tire slides in some leaves.

Offline Craig Slist

• View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: October 01, 2012, 10:27:46 PM »
My bmx hasn't been touched in 4-5 days,I lent my stem to a friend who needed it more than me.

I've been mainly focusing on my Jeep this week.

Offline Mattchu

• View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: October 02, 2012, 06:50:17 PM »
Currently putting some Tree 9" bars on, along with chopping down my non-front brake forks, and then going over to the skatepark to get some riding in. Stoked.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3506108
Mid West for life.

Offline Topsey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: October 02, 2012, 06:54:44 PM »
9" bars, are they out then? Or did you get some special hook up? i cant imagine 9" rise bars i cant get on with anything over 8" myself!

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: October 02, 2012, 07:54:48 PM »
After seeing a clip of myself with some 8" bars I look extremely uncomfortable.

Offline mrjimyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: October 02, 2012, 08:50:55 PM »
Quote from: Mattchu;3594579
Currently putting some Tree 9" bars on, along with chopping down my non-front brake forks, and then going over to the skatepark to get some riding in. Stoked.

Where'd you get them bars?
I'm curious what the difference is between the new "Moto" bars and the Sequoia bars, because it looks like both are going to come in 8.5" rise...
Bike Check

With enough lube and brute force, anything is possible.

Offline Mattchu

• View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: October 03, 2012, 02:10:19 AM »
Quote from: Topsey;3594581
9" bars, are they out then? Or did you get some special hook up? i cant imagine 9" rise bars i cant get on with anything over 8" myself!

I started working at Tree a bit over a month ago, and was lucky enough to start just as new parts were coming in. The bars aren't out yet, but if Sam is happy with them and the dudes like everything, then things should be flowing quite soon. I snagged these sample 9"rise/4*up ones earlier today because we didn't need them for any team/photo stuff.

Quote from: mrjimyjohn;3594610
Where'd you get them bars?
I'm curious what the difference is between the new "Moto" bars and the Sequoia bars, because it looks like both are going to come in 8.5" rise...

I guess the most notable difference is the more traditional box shape. They aren't as tight as the Sequoias were, but thankfully they don't look like just another huge slam bar copy. They come in three sizes (8.5"x28.5", 9"x29.5, and 9.5"x30) and all of them have cut lines, come threaded for bar ends, and they are all still available in either one or four degree upsweep.

I went from uncut Sequoias, so before I went out to ride I cut my 9"s down to 28.5" wide, and chopped close to half an inch off my non-front brake forks. I only got two hours in at the park tonight, but I like the way they fit/feel on my bike so far.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3506108
Mid West for life.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: October 03, 2012, 03:30:34 AM »
Rode it, fell on it, had a great time

Pat

« Reply #1978 on: October 03, 2012, 09:05:36 AM »
Quote from: Mattchu;3594674
I started working at Tree a bit over a month ago, and was lucky enough to start just as new parts were coming in. The bars aren't out yet, but if Sam is happy with them and the dudes like everything, then things should be flowing quite soon. I snagged these sample 9"rise/4*up ones earlier today because we didn't need them for any team/photo stuff.

I guess the most notable difference is the more traditional box shape. They aren't as tight as the Sequoias were, but thankfully they don't look like just another huge slam bar copy. They come in three sizes (8.5"x28.5", 9"x29.5, and 9.5"x30) and all of them have cut lines, come threaded for bar ends, and they are all still available in either one or four degree upsweep.

I went from uncut Sequoias, so before I went out to ride I cut my 9"s down to 28.5" wide, and chopped close to half an inch off my non-front brake forks. I only got two hours in at the park tonight, but I like the way they fit/feel on my bike so far.

Can't wait, will definitely be fitting a set of the 9"x4° up on my bike. Can you cut them to 27.75 and still have threads for the barends?

Offline mrjimyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: October 03, 2012, 09:53:56 AM »
Quote from: Mattchu;3594674

Ah I see, I was going to pick up a pair of Sequoias, but I might just wait for these to come out...
Bike Check

With enough lube and brute force, anything is possible.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #1979 on: October 03, 2012, 09:53:56 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special