Multimedia

Author Topic: Steven Hamilton  (Read 215620 times)

Brooklynrider

Steven Hamilton
« Reply #195 on: October 07, 2012, 08:54:29 PM »
Quote from: Black Miguel;3596141
I've come to the conclusion that Steven was playin a joke on bmx for the past few years to see who would write him off as a nut. Federal didn't get the joke as well as a few others.

He basically said that in his last interview. He actually hasn't done drugs in a long time.

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
Steven Hamilton
« Reply #196 on: October 08, 2012, 07:44:07 AM »
Hamilton is the man, but I'm not sure which was more full of shit, the Albion "interview" or Steven's response that was on the Federal site. Probably safe to split the difference and view both as highly skewed and the truth falling somewhere in the middle.

Offline spakky

• BANNED
  • Veteran
  • Dr. Dabs
    • View Profile
    • The Facebook
Steven Hamilton
« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2012, 09:01:12 AM »
I just watches his part from the Orchid DVD a while back and the set of stairs he jumps is crazily huge

Offline Allah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Steven Hamilton
« Reply #198 on: October 08, 2012, 10:06:52 AM »
Quote from: Black Miguel;3596141
I've come to the conclusion that Steven was playin a joke on bmx for the past few years to see who would write him off as a nut. Federal didn't get the joke as well as a few others.

I thought that as well, and I also thought that Federal did get the joke and that was why they were willing to support him for so long, so yes it does seem odd that they dropped him just as he started producing watchable content again.

However as we all know BMX is a young man's game and whilst we BGers might respect the old/mid school the new kids aren't interested. Sad to say but to make money and stay relevant you've got to be pushing your riding and getting exposure. Corey Martinez is a good example of someone who came up at the same time as Hamilton who has done this successfully. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Hamilton's riding but I can see how his part in Cuts and that recent webvideo wouldn't excite Joe Barspinner down the park (not helped by the filming quality).

Having said all that, I was on the Hoffman website for some reason the other day and noticed that they have a "lifer" team, indicating that they still support some of the older guys (Mad Jon etc) which I think is awesome. Maybe Federal should have been more tactful and done something like that - keep on giving him frames and stuff.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:12:50 PM by Allah »
"Who knows what Ruben actually does?" Garrett Byrnes

45th Generation Roman.

Offline Gnariman

• Bellend
    • View Profile
Steven Hamilton
« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2012, 10:47:41 AM »
Quote from: Allah;3596246
I thought that as well, and I also thought that Federal did get the joke and that was why they were willing to support him for so long, so yes it does seem odd that they dropped him just as he started producing watchable content again.

However as we all know BMX is a young man's game and whilst we BGers might respect the old/mid school the new kids aren't interested. Sad to say but to make money and stay relevant you've got to be pushing your riding and getting exposure. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Hamilton's riding but I can see how his part in Cuts and that recent webvideo wouldn't excite Joe Barspinner down the park (not helped by the filming quality). Corey Martinez is a good example of someone who came up at the same time as Hamilton who has done this successfully.

Having said all that, I was on the Hoffman website for some reason the other day and noticed that they have a "lifer" team, indicating that they still support some of the older guys (Mad Jon etc) which I think is awesome. Maybe Federal should have been more tactful and done something like that - keep on giving him frames and stuff.

thats what i sorta figured too, not many people want to see you ride the same wall ride over and over again, especially if you end up going lower and lower. With that being said, i love that spot and his riding so i dont think ill be bored of his videos anytime soon

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
Steven Hamilton
« Reply #200 on: October 08, 2012, 03:09:39 PM »
Same here. But there are a lot of recycled things done over and over it just come down to who did it the most stylish or who put the most creativity into the spot. I sure as hell don't run brake and I don't have the same riding style as Hamilton but he is one of those people I like to watch ride a bike because it is refreshing even though its not the new stuff.

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
Steven Hamilton
« Reply #201 on: October 09, 2012, 04:16:12 PM »
Not sure if this was posted but JPR scanned an old hamilton interview and put up on his now defunked blog circa 2009

http://boxedwinefiasco.blogspot.com/2009/11/steven-hamilton-interview.html
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Steven Hamilton
« Reply #202 on: October 11, 2012, 09:42:55 AM »

screencapped from that interview
Quote from: blueee;3557172
i went to a rave at a zoo one time. although i didnt give the dolphins heroin substitute

Offline Austin Tasseltine

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://battersmalley.blogspot.com/
Steven Hamilton
« Reply #203 on: October 11, 2012, 10:21:59 AM »
"I can guarantee you with certainty that steven's riding style will not turn into the new fad"

i find that sentence ironic because its true noone has really ever come close to riding like hamdog, but there were quite a few 19" frames popped up when he was at his peak in terms of getting coverage

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
Steven Hamilton
« Reply #204 on: October 11, 2012, 10:30:48 AM »
Yeah his style of riding definitely influenced a new generation of riders. I remember that parks back home were full of kids trying nose wheelies on his signature Federal frame when it was released.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
Steven Hamilton
« Reply #205 on: October 14, 2012, 06:42:17 PM »

Amazing.

Offline Gooby

• View Profile
Steven Hamilton
« Reply #206 on: October 14, 2012, 06:48:32 PM »
He had some really good clips in Foreign and Domestic. Check that out.
Quote from: blueee;3573254
closing down dispenseries helps give young americans jobs

as drug dealers

Offline Austin Tasseltine

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://battersmalley.blogspot.com/
Steven Hamilton
« Reply #207 on: October 14, 2012, 09:51:56 PM »
Quote from: condrbkr;3598407

Amazing.

thats oppo for him as well