Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Edged Weapons Thread  (Read 157432 times)

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Edged Weapons Thread
« Reply #270 on: March 04, 2013, 06:41:47 PM »
Quote from: super_chief;3633950
not familiar with SpyderCo. have been eyeing the Manix2

ZT350 is def my next purchase tho. they are just about to offer a stone wash too if you're keen to a natural finish blade.

keep in mind weight, zt350 is a tank. i daily a Junkyard Dog II tho so i've become accustomed to it

i switch between the jyd and the skyline for my daily, need an str clip if they're still obtainable.

Offline dstrctn

• View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=501730862
« Reply #271 on: March 04, 2013, 07:16:16 PM »
STR is still making clips.

Offline super_chief

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 04, 2013, 08:26:36 PM »
thanks!

STR are so nice, have one on my JYDII that couch grabbed me

Offline dstrctn

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2013, 08:45:35 PM »
Nice guy to deal with too.

Offline Cat Daddy V.2.0

• View Profile
Re: Post Your Edged Weapons Thread
« Reply #274 on: March 25, 2013, 01:10:11 AM »

Offline dstrctn

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2013, 08:46:49 AM »
looks nice. just wish the blade didn't look so oversized on that handle.

Offline BrokenEnglish

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 25, 2013, 02:20:47 PM »
Here's what I have. Assisted Kershaw, and my 20 inch Gerber machete.

Quote from: couch;3268543
S\'n D for 7068, I see nothing wrong with that.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 26, 2013, 02:02:15 PM »
ZT0350SW & Boker Nano with acid etch and tumbled blade. Scaled did in a boiling pot of water with Rit. Both knives sitting on top of EERF Grinder skeletons.

Offline gnar_rider

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 05, 2013, 11:02:56 PM »
I realize this thread hasn't been front page in awhile, but I thought some of you may appreciate this. As a little preface, I carry a knife every day of the year and use it for everything around my job, around the house, cutting up an apple at lunch, etc. My knives get some abuse but I also keep them sharp and bolts tight as long as I catch them before they fall out (rare occurrence but has happened).

I had both of these knives - the Evo Jr and the other one (I forget what it's called at the moment) sitting in a drawer until about two weeks ago. the Evo Jr had play in the blade pretty much the entire year used it (bought in 2010/11ish), with the exception being the first month or two (not side by side play, close/open play) so I gave up on it. I called it a loss and purchase the second knife. Had that knife for a solid 1.5-2 years and really like it, good size, low profile clip, serrated blade. I considered it a step up from my Evo Jr - but it too also had play in the blade nearly the entire time I owned it. At that point I said fuck it because I was pissed with all of these shitty Gerber knives but continued to carry it because I didn't want to spend anymore money. Well I used it for anything and everything and it finally reached its deathbed after the winter I used it selling christmas trees. between cutting garland, twine, and once a couple small branches for a delivery tree, that knife was used every 20-30 minutes on busy days. It got a lot of use and one day toward the end of the season I noticed the clip was loose, I had lost two bolts holding the sides together, and of course the blade still had play. I threw it in the drawer with the Evo Jr and forgot about them.

Fast forward to two weeks ago. I have since purchased two Kershaw open assists that I enjoy very much (each has their own purpose in regards to where I am working on a given day) and I was impressed with the lifetime warranty (including the convenience of mailing you the spare parts you need no questions asked - except for blades, understandably) as well. I have sent in one of the Kershaws on the same day I sent in these two knives and for the same reason, has play in the blade. I may sound picky but I spend double on that Kershaw that I did for both Gerbers and I see no reason why they can't seem to handle daily use (I haven't sold christmas trees since that Gerber got destroyed! And I don't use my knives for prying, stupid shit, etc).

Anyways - I remembered my old Gerber knives in the drawer, looked online/saw they had a lifetime warranty as well, and decided to fill out the warranty form for each knife and send them to Gerber. On monday (about 10 days later) I received two packages in the mail - one with a brand new Evo Jr (in package) and the other with a brand new knife (same model as the one I sent in that was in really rough shape). I honestly expected a phone call saying it would cost me a couple bucks, or even for my knives to be sent back (especially the really rough one) but instead I received 2 brand new knives!

Despite my initial distaste with every Gerber I have ever owned (because they all have play in the blade after little to no time) I was very impressed and honestly have nothing but praise for Gerber. No questions asked they supplied me with two brand new knives when I honestly wasn't expecting much more than my own knives shipped back to me. If anyone has any questions on buying a lower-mid range knife I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Gerber product at all, especially with their (timely) warranty department. Only downside is that they aren't made in the United States. As for now we will see how long it takes for Kershaw to either get back to me, or mod my knife (I suggested it to prevent play in the blade if it was easier) and ship it back.

Sorry for the book, but I felt a backstory needed rather than: TL;DR i had two shitty knives and i got 2 new ones for free

lost your job? keep buying foreign.

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 06, 2013, 08:56:36 AM »
I love my spyderco tenacious.  Fiending for a domino
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline Brendan O.

• View Profile
    • http://www.brndn.nl
« Reply #280 on: September 06, 2013, 09:29:20 AM »
I just lost my swiss army style victorinox because I forgot to take it out my handluggage when flying. Stupid mistake of course, but still a bit bummed.

Mine didn't have that ring though...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:38:13 AM by Brendan O. »

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 02, 2013, 12:32:10 PM »
Picked up a leatherman supertool 300 today. 

Offline PabstBlueRibbon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2013, 10:20:14 PM »
I'm looking for a KaBar any suggestions? I think I want the smaller one for the practicality purposes.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 03, 2013, 03:19:35 AM »
Boker Plus Ridgeback designed by Bill Coye. Bill's books are nearly always closed so when the Boker version became available I jumped on one as quick as I could. Not as nice as an original Coye but still a great fixed blade. Perfect for horizontal belt carry.

Offline Shake Junt

• Krokodil Junkie/Compulsive Liar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bikeguido.cum
« Reply #284 on: November 03, 2013, 03:48:59 AM »
This is a manly thread, does not feel like im on bikeguide right now.
Im Balding, Fuck the World.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #284 on: November 03, 2013, 03:48:59 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special