Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Edged Weapons Thread  (Read 157446 times)

Offline acm

• View Profile
Post Your Edged Weapons Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2011, 10:33:30 AM »
Quote from: pimpa$aurus;3381154
You don't need to though do you?

I own knifes, I'm not inherently against them. I don't need to carry one on my person, you don't either. What do you do open letters with a bowie? Do your cooking with a flick knife?

Im just struggling to see how a knife fits into peoples day to day lives...

It's not really a question of needing to or not. You don't need to carry anything, you carry various things around with you because they offer you some sort of convenience. It's the same with knives, I carry one because I find it handy to have around, not because I feel inherently threatened by my everyday surroundings or because I plan on stabbing someone. Truth be told I wouldn't be pulling my knife in a dangerous situation anyhow. It's far too small to do any real damage and chances are I would be the one who ended up getting stabbed. At least in my situation, my knife is strictly for utility and not for protection.

and to stay on topic, here's a picture of my everyday knife:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:35:39 AM by acm »

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2011, 10:33:48 AM »
WTF are you struggling with?

People need to cut shit throughout the day so they carry a cutting tool on them for convenience.

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2011, 10:38:42 AM »
Oh yeah, here is my Benchmade I use to carry all the time.

I know have a SOG that I use everyday that was given to me as a gift.  I need to get my blade fixed up on the Benchmade though so I can rotate them out.

Offline pimpa$aurus

• Tru Dappa
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2011, 10:53:35 AM »
I'd (honestly) love to know what you lot do with your knifes? Unless you live in the country or work outdoors I can't see the point.

Offline D-J-S

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2011, 10:55:37 AM »

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2011, 11:02:18 AM »
Quote from: pimpa$aurus;3381154
You don't need to though do you?

I own knifes, I'm not inherently against them. I don't need to carry one on my person, you don't either. What do you do open letters with a bowie? Do your cooking with a flick knife?

Im just struggling to see how a knife fits into peoples day to day lives...

Same could be said by those that don't use/have shoes, a car, a hat, a cell phone, a computer... makes just as much sense as your question. No, it is not absolutely necessary, yes it is a useful tool that I use often enough to keep it on my person.

Asking silly questions like if I open letters with a bowie doesn't help your arguement. I posted my knives and clearly showed what I carry.

Offline pimpa$aurus

• Tru Dappa
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2011, 11:09:26 AM »
Comparing shoes to knives? Really?

They serve an essential purpose, knives do too but only in certain situations.

Its hardly a silly question, what exactly are you doing day to day that requires a knife? I can't think of a single situation where using something else wouldn't work better. The only time I'd use a knife daily would be to cook...

I can just picture you walking around going about your day to day business with a belt with torches knives and guns, so jokes you think thats normal.

Offline acm

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2011, 11:10:15 AM »
Quote from: pimpa$aurus;3381165
I'd (honestly) love to know what you lot do with your knifes? Unless you live in the country or work outdoors I can't see the point.

If you don't know what someone would use a knife for in day to day use, then it's a good thing that you don't carry one. I'd like to know what problems you have with people who do carry a knife because they find practical uses for it on the daily. There's a lot of things others carry around that I don't see the point in carrying, but I wouldn't give them a hard time about it.

Offline D-J-S

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2011, 11:13:55 AM »
half of these knives posted could hardly be considered 100% practical for daily carrying and cutting needs if you're arguing that. i propose that a small retractable knife or a swiss would be easier to carry due to smaller size/weight and work just as well for anything you could possibly need to cut out and about (unless i'm forgetting some essential daily task which calls for a fairly lengthy blade and larger handle?), therefore surpassing your knifes in terms of practicality.

oh but that wouldn't look cool, would it? never mind.

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2011, 11:16:41 AM »
Quote from: D-J-S;3381179
oh but that wouldn't look cool, would it? never mind.

Correct.  It is all about being cool.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2011, 11:17:02 AM »
Quote from: pimpa$aurus;3381176
Comparing shoes to knives? Really?

They serve an essential purpose, knives do too but only in certain situations.

Its hardly a silly question, what exactly are you doing day to day that requires a knife? I can't think of a single situation where using something else wouldn't work better. The only time I'd use a knife daily would be to cook...

I can just picture you walking around going about your day to day business with a belt with torches knives and guns, so jokes you think thats normal.

Shoes are not necessary in day to day lives. You can walk without them, can you not?

I don't actually keep anything on my belt aside from when I carry my BK11, which is rare. I never said what I carry is normal and everyone should carry the same. I keep on me what I find myself needing often, and nothing I don't.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2011, 11:46:12 AM »
I think it is a reasonable question actually. What do you do with them? For instance, I carry a phone so I can call people/people can call me, a wallet for money, baccy and a lighter so I can smoke, and keys so I can open doors. At no point do I need to cut stuff outside of the kitchen.

I am actually genuinely interested as to what you cut.
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2011, 11:52:23 AM »
Boxes that are taped up.  Loose hanging threads off my clothes.  Strapping on the paper boxes here at work.  Product packaging. I use it to cut my steak if I'm eating somewhere the utensils suck.  I'll use the knife as a screwdriver.  As a lever to pry shit.  So on and so forth.  Different shit all the time.

Offline Kaylin

• Get Krafty
    • View Profile
    • Krafty BMX
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2011, 11:53:26 AM »
I work in the automotive industry, and Im always doing some form of electrical work. A knife as come in handy quite often doing that.
@StayKrafty
@KraftyBMX

Offline acm

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2011, 12:02:59 PM »
I opened up a separate thread for the debate, so could we kindly keep this thread on track?

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2011, 12:02:59 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello