The Street > The Lounge

What have you made?

<< < (153/153)

Alex.:

--- Quote from: Alex. on November 01, 2017, 11:08:37 PM ---So I need some furniture for my new apartment since I don't really own any. It's a small studio so a lofted bed frame is almost necessary. Looking at existing furniture, nothing really seemed like it was what I wanted or wouldn't work so I took some measurements and modeled one up in Blender to get a rough idea of how it might look and get a better understanding of what materials I'll need. I'll also build a tall bar table for eating/games whatever off of it to help hide the radiator and keep things nice and tight. Here's the mock up, now it's time to build it!

--- End quote ---

Well, I finally got this built and the place is starting to feel more like a home than an empty cell. Still need to get the materials for the bar top but I'm broke and extra spending money comes along infrequently. Turning out better than I had hoped though!

paranoidmexican:

--- Quote from: Alex. on August 30, 2018, 09:26:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: Alex. on November 01, 2017, 11:08:37 PM ---So I need some furniture for my new apartment since I don't really own any. It's a small studio so a lofted bed frame is almost necessary. Looking at existing furniture, nothing really seemed like it was what I wanted or wouldn't work so I took some measurements and modeled one up in Blender to get a rough idea of how it might look and get a better understanding of what materials I'll need. I'll also build a tall bar table for eating/games whatever off of it to help hide the radiator and keep things nice and tight. Here's the mock up, now it's time to build it!

--- End quote ---

Well, I finally got this built and the place is starting to feel more like a home than an empty cell. Still need to get the materials for the bar top but I'm broke and extra spending money comes along infrequently. Turning out better than I had hoped though!

--- End quote ---

looks cool man, dig how you utilize such a small place so efficiently. I'd go crazy in such a tiny home lol.

JFax:

--- Quote from: Arttu on April 25, 2018, 02:46:24 PM ---I've made a few pairs of boots and shoes over the past few years. Here's the most recent pair. Handwelted, only electric tool I used was a belt sander to shape the sole edges.

--- End quote ---

That is so cool. I would love to do something similar myself.

If I remember correctly you went to some kind of design-uni right? If one would want to just try and make shoes without any experience; how difficult would it be? Completely impossible or realistic with patience?

Alex.:
Figured I'd update what I was working on now since I finally put the last bits together. Now I just need to buy shit for the kitchen and bathroom... Ugh. At least I have a really cozy and cool place to hang or have some beers with friends.

Anyway, so I built the loft but still needed somewhere to eat besides the couch and coffee table or at my PC. Built this tall bar table off of the loft. Gotta say, I don't know how the fuck I managed to make something that actually looks cool from nothing. I guess that's what being obsessive does. I must've looked at my plans and possible materials for 6 months before I even purchased anything or built it. Glad it turned out, though!

Arttu:

--- Quote from: JFax on September 27, 2018, 07:07:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: Arttu on April 25, 2018, 02:46:24 PM ---I've made a few pairs of boots and shoes over the past few years. Here's the most recent pair. Handwelted, only electric tool I used was a belt sander to shape the sole edges.

--- End quote ---

That is so cool. I would love to do something similar myself.

If I remember correctly you went to some kind of design-uni right? If one would want to just try and make shoes without any experience; how difficult would it be? Completely impossible or realistic with patience?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I studied design, but that really didn't contribute anything to shoemaking. I've just read a bunch in books and online and watched a lot of videos and tutorials. It's totally possible to make shoes without any formal training or experience, but the biggest problem is finding the tools and materials without spending a fortune. You need a bunch of different kinds of leathers, and you can't usually buy them in small quantities, so the costs add up real quick. I've bought (and made) the tools and materials over the years, trying to find good deals when I could, but I've still spent probably 1000-2000 euros on shoemaking. Now that I have the tools and expensive materials (like insole and sole leather), I can make probably about 20 pairs of shoes for little extra cost.

If only I had more time for shoemaking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version