Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Photo Setup [V4]  (Read 411187 times)

Offline austrian

• View Profile
Post Your Photo Setup [V4]
« Reply #300 on: December 18, 2010, 04:58:47 AM »
it's a lot about getting used to things, sometimes when i work more (5d) i'm getting so used to the canon, that i miss buttons on the nikon when i switch to it, but also vice versa.
And sometimes the 21mp of the canon are nice to have, but most of the time, you don't need them.
oh and btw, i don't own the canon, it belongs to the studio where i work, we also have a 1d IV which i like a lot more than the 5d, it feels better and the af is way better!

Offline Jens M

• Depressed Member
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #301 on: December 18, 2010, 07:26:32 AM »
If you're gonna be shooting 21MP, get the glass that makes it worth it. I can see a clear resolution difference between my 50mm 1.8 (dxo rates it top 3 or 5 of nikons most highres lenses, not incl old ones) and my normal zoom lens (that is still supersharp). And that's 12mp.

Think like this: if both were 12, what would you get? Only people that does fashion needs that many pixels (and it's only the editing that needs them, the billboards aren't even that high res).

Just skimmed this page, so sorry if it has nothing to do with the resolution. Talking as a D700 user though, I've started to get dependent on all the quick switches on my D700, after using it these 3 months. Going from 51point Af, two switches (one point Af and continuous Af) and I have focus tracking on the subject I choose. I've also set the regular "choose a point Af" to 11 points, which makes it fast for me to move the point across the viewfinder since you usually do not have to be spot on, just move one degree and Af, hold and take photo.

The most useful thing that I would have a hard time without, only after three months with it, is that I set the middle button on the multiselector to 100% zoom on the image - one second to check the sharpness. It zooms 100% on the focuspoint you used in the photo.

Offline austrian

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 18, 2010, 08:40:02 AM »
So true! I know some people who bought the 5dII and then only the shittiest glass. so stupid.
Not only fashion "needs" the resolution, there are more and more kind of clients who want the high resolution from the different kinds of photos (even though they don't need it, but explain that to a client)
Oh and also stock photography..you just get more money for the bigger photos..

But all in all, I've never had a problem with my 12mp d700.

Offline Pffffff

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 18, 2010, 09:15:16 AM »
I don't have either of these cameras, but if I need to shoot something, I always rent a 5D2. I don't understand why people are complaining about needing best lenses for the 21mp body, especially those, who say that 24-70 is to old for that resolution. I have used it, and it is very sharp even zoomed to 100%.

And I am not sure about it, but I think that if you used the same quality lens for nikon 12mp body and canon 21mp, even if canon might look softer at full-size, i bet it would be as sharp, if not sharper when reduced to 12mp.

Of course D700 is a great camera, it almost made me change systems, but I am canon guy. I don't know why, but I find it more comfortable for me.

Offline austrian

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 18, 2010, 11:39:22 AM »
It depends so much on how good your lens is, i've seen excellent 24-70 from both canon and nikon, but also really bad ones from both.
An nikon is sharper because their antialising filter is thinner. But most of these things are only important for pixel-peepers, and won't have any effect on actual shooting and using it.

Offline Jens M

• Depressed Member
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #305 on: December 18, 2010, 08:05:09 PM »
Learned something new today, cheers

Offline Pffffff

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 31, 2010, 04:47:17 AM »
Just bought the Zorki1 camera (Copy of Leica II). I will try to finish the first roll asap, to see if it's working correctly. Looks in mint condition. I was looking for a cheap, manual, compact camera to always carry around when I am afraid to bring my bessa. Damn that camera is sexy

Offline chaz

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #307 on: December 31, 2010, 10:41:34 PM »
Where did you get it? I've been looking for something like that, but I'm afraid to just buy one from a large internet auction site.
RON PAUL 2008

Offline John B

• Has A Premium Member
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 01, 2011, 10:59:53 AM »
Quote from: Pffffff;3378790
Just bought the Zorki1 camera (Copy of Leica II). I will try to finish the first roll asap, to see if it's working correctly. Looks in mint condition. I was looking for a cheap, manual, compact camera to always carry around when I am afraid to bring my bessa. Damn that camera is sexy

i have the same exact one, it cost me 12 american $ in russia. I want to attach lugs so i can use a strap with it!

Offline Pffffff

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 02, 2011, 06:36:26 AM »
I bought it locally here in Lithuania. It cost me 40$. As for lugs, I am carrying it in my jacket's pocket, but I doubt it will fit in my jeans, so I will have to think for something similar when the winter ends.

Offline Arttu

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 03, 2011, 10:53:33 AM »
Pffffff's camera reminded me of a project I was working on awhile ago, but never finished (big surprise). I have an almost mint Fed 2 with dry and cracked shutter curtains. I powdercoated the top and bottom plates black and tried fixing the curtains, but I never got it to work as I couldn't find a suitable material for new curtains.

I still have the camera and it would make an awesome full black beater if I could find a working Fed 2 and swap the top and bottom plates.

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile
    • http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com
« Reply #311 on: January 03, 2011, 08:31:29 PM »
Crap, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:02:26 PM by Aesop Rock »

Offline mikemilleruk

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 07, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »
nothing special, was gonna get a d40 on the cheap but the guy got an offer he couldn't refuse so I got this. it's enough and good starter.

Offline streettrailpark

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 07, 2011, 01:29:36 PM »
I posted this in the general discussion thread and then found this one...

Just picked up this unknown sleeper of a rangefinder, a Walz Envoy M35, 1958-1960.

I picked it up at an antique store for $35 the other day. It's mint condition (after I wiped a bunch of red dust off), with a selenium meter, coupled shutter speed and aperture(!!), leaf shutter and a 45mm f1.9 7 element lens. I just ran the first roll through, can't wait to see the quality! I'll post the best stuff up here when I get it developed.

Offline Arttu

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2011, 02:10:48 AM »

Thanks Luke!

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2011, 02:10:48 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special