Multimedia

Author Topic: 22 inches  (Read 390016 times)

Offline Sasha

• Pro_Tom
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #375 on: January 17, 2013, 05:22:36 PM »
Ahh man, I need one of these. Someone do a table on one and get a photo please.

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #376 on: January 17, 2013, 05:30:29 PM »
Quote from: tzicktzack;3624940
I sent an e-amil to Faction regarding estimated delivery date. This is what they answered: "I think tyres will be ready before end of February. We were trying to co-ordinate for half the delivery to go the USA warehouse and half to come here (one consignment at the factory and one courier ) but it didn't work out so we've had to arrange for it to be collected by different shippers on different weeks.The factory has to manage our small order between their huge roadbike orders, unfortunately we have to keep to their timetable not ours because the F22 is a 'rebel' project for two of the factory technicians. We're lucky to have their cutting edge tech but it does mean we sometimes have to put up with delays".

I think we´ve to be patient and keep in mind that Faction is a small player in the game. I personally really appreciate that they push the market for a 22" option.

Just got an email from Kevin essentially stating the same thing.  He offered to give me my money back.  I am going to wait this out though I hope everything works out by March.

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #377 on: January 17, 2013, 05:37:01 PM »
Quote from: Sasha;3624968

Heading to Chicago and Milluakee tomorrow for a weekend of riding so odds are good I'll have some 22" footage.

Offline @ss4oLe

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #378 on: January 17, 2013, 08:40:53 PM »
Quote from: Sasha;3624968

http://bikeguide.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3607950&postcount=277

like that?

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
22 inches
« Reply #379 on: January 18, 2013, 08:42:06 AM »
Quote from: tzicktzack;3624940
I sent an e-amil to Faction regarding estimated delivery date. This is what they answered: "I think tyres will be ready before end of February. We were trying to co-ordinate for half the delivery to go the USA warehouse and half to come here (one consignment at the factory and one courier ) but it didn't work out so we've had to arrange for it to be collected by different shippers on different weeks.The factory has to manage our small order between their huge roadbike orders, unfortunately we have to keep to their timetable not ours because the F22 is a 'rebel' project for two of the factory technicians. We're lucky to have their cutting edge tech but it does mean we sometimes have to put up with delays".

I think we´ve to be patient and keep in mind that Faction is a small player in the game. I personally really appreciate that they push the market for a 22" option.

I'd just like to point out that this pretty much validates what I said near the beginning of this thread that I got so much shit for...

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline Sasha

• Pro_Tom
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #380 on: January 18, 2013, 08:54:34 AM »
Quote from: ssteinbr;3624972
Heading to Chicago and Milluakee tomorrow for a weekend of riding so odds are good I'll have some 22" footage.

Awesome!

Quote from: @ss4oLe;3625043
http://bikeguide.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3607950&postcount=277

like that?

Only taken with a camera not a potato please :)

Offline @ss4oLe

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #381 on: January 18, 2013, 01:24:15 PM »
Potato = screen shot from video... :)

G- I have no doubt that Odyssey could have 22 inch tires, well made and on the USA shores in a timely manner.

The Faction guys are amateurs...

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
22 inches
« Reply #382 on: January 18, 2013, 05:42:06 PM »
Quote from: @ss4oLe;3625276
Potato = screen shot from video... :)

G- I have no doubt that Odyssey could have 22 inch tires, well made and on the USA shores in a timely manner.

I am honestly sure that we couldn't. It sounds like Faction have a factory that makes high end road tyres with some guys there who are behind the project, that is more important than anything else. I am 100% certain that our reception with our factory would be very different, we have had to push them super hard in the past to do incredibly basic stuff.

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline tzicktzack

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #383 on: January 19, 2013, 12:52:48 PM »
Quote from: G;3625368
I am honestly sure that we couldn't. It sounds like Faction have a factory that makes high end road tyres with some guys there who are behind the project, that is more important than anything else. I am 100% certain that our reception with our factory would be very different, we have had to push them super hard in the past to do incredibly basic stuff.

Re confederate:
I agree with G. I think the main point to realize such an uncertain economic project is to know people who are enthusiastic enough and share the same idea of progression.

Quote from: @ss4oLe;3625276

Re amateurs:
I wouldn’t call the Faction guys amateurs, because it has a slightly negative connotation. In fact they are enthusiasts with a vision to develop BMX further. Beyond that Faction is a small and relative young company but they act like a usual profit-oriented company. So why should they be amateurs? The stuff they produced so far compare well with other stuff from established companies.

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #384 on: January 20, 2013, 11:46:44 PM »
Hopefully one of my buddies has better/more footage but this is all that survived the gopro... me riding the 22 holmes through the right line at RaysMKE transferland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY3wMc75Duk

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #385 on: January 23, 2013, 04:52:06 PM »
The 22" welded revenge rims are available to pre-order.  Hit up your LBS!

Offline @ss4oLe

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #386 on: January 23, 2013, 05:19:50 PM »
I haven't been able to spend enough time on my bike to warrant needing new rims. :(

Offline meowy.wowy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2013, 05:29:49 PM »
where do you get 22" tubes?
formerly incarcerated

Offline @ss4oLe

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #388 on: January 23, 2013, 05:42:52 PM »
Same place you get tires.

Pretty sure you can fit 20 inch tubes in though. Think of the weight savings! :)

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #389 on: January 23, 2013, 07:28:24 PM »
Ok, so I've got some of the S&M/Revenge tires...  What other tire options are out there right now?  Posts with links to where you can purchase them get extra points!
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

22 inches
« Reply #389 on: January 23, 2013, 07:28:24 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special