Multimedia

Author Topic: 22 inches  (Read 390018 times)

Offline Blue Streak

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #330 on: December 18, 2012, 07:37:10 AM »
I would take 4 Odyssey/G-Sport rims myself.

Offline tzicktzack

• View Profile
faction bike co casette Hub
« Reply #331 on: December 26, 2012, 11:07:31 AM »
Quote from: ssteinbr;3615764
Quote from: tzicktzack;3615634

Wow thanks for all the info!  How many pawls does the driver have?  Do you know if it is an Odyssey joytech clone?

I had a short look inside the Faction Bike Co. rear hub (sorry no pictures so far). It's a Q-Lite system similar to the WTP supreme hub. Unlike a normal cassette hub, the whole internals are reversed, so the pawls ( 4 double pawls?) are inside the hub shell. Actually I dontīt know the producer and I can't find any aftermarket driver so far. I sent an email to Faction Bike Co. and wait for an answer.

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #332 on: December 26, 2012, 05:04:55 PM »
Quote from: tzicktzack;3618348
I had a short look inside the Faction Bike Co. rear hub (sorry no pictures so far). It's a Q-Lite system similar to the WTP supreme hub. Unlike a normal cassette hub, the whole internals are reversed, so the pawls ( 4 double pawls?) are inside the hub shell. Actually I dontīt know the producer and I can't find any aftermarket driver so far. I sent an email to Faction Bike Co. and wait for an answer.

Holy $hit!  I would be willing to bet the WTP 9t driver would work.  It is seriously hard for me to imagine Faction would design and fab a one off hub/driver.  Thanks again for all of the info.

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #333 on: December 26, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »
Quote from: ssteinbr;3618466
Holy $hit!  I would be willing to bet the WTP 9t driver would work.  It is seriously hard for me to imagine Faction would design and fab a one off hub/driver.  Thanks again for all of the info.

From the looks of things these are the same hubs that are on all of the 2013 2Hip complete bikes.
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #334 on: December 27, 2012, 09:22:29 AM »
Quote from: ssteinbr;3615782
Ya I am hoping Alienation comes through with rims...  Do you think we (as in the 22 guys on here) could team up and see if gsport or jim c would make a 22 rim?  How many guys do we have... at least 5 or 6.  I would take four 22" rollcage rims just for myself... minimum order could be 25?  If the total minimum order is more I could pony up.

I wouldn't count on that happening.  The internets cried out for 48 hole Ratchet hubs, they were made and then nobody bought them.  And that part was way less obscure than 22" rims.  
Quote from: @ss4oLe;3615784
I'd be shocked if minimum order is 25. Probably closer to hundred/s but that's just a guess.

If you round up all the people, on all the forums that are into 22's, we still wouldn't have enough people/cash, I don't think.

Agreed. A minimum order for rims would be well over 100.  Not trying to discredit the 22" stuff.  It just is what it is.

I would ride one of those Velocity Deep V rims before I touched an Alienation.  Every Alienation rim I ever rode had some sort of problems.....Chrome flaking off the rim, the bead would pop off on my 24", they would bend and flex horribly.  At least the Velocity is a strong rim, although it might not look the prettiest.  

What is wrong with the Revenge wheel set that S&M makes anyway?  It didn't look bad.
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline Austin Tasseltine

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://battersmalley.blogspot.com/
22 inches
« Reply #335 on: December 27, 2012, 09:56:37 AM »
i bought a 48h ratchet, and if the gcoaster ever materializes i hope you guys drill at least one in 48 so i can buy it

Offline @ss4oLe

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2012, 10:27:58 AM »
Quote from: skateparkrider;3618635
What is wrong with the Revenge wheel set that S&M makes anyway?  It didn't look bad.

1. they only come in black
2. they aren't welded at the seam
3. the wheels need spoke tension out of the box

Mostly I think people just want options. Even if they never buy 'em. :)

Tires are my biggest issue. The Revenge tires are the best yet but they are a little heavy by todays standards.

Offline -MEAT-

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #337 on: December 27, 2012, 10:42:49 AM »
How have i missed all this?!

Default reaction is disgust on the basis of 29in mtbs, which oozed from satans arsehole, but they actually look kind of right. I'd definitely like to try one.
Quote from: Courtesy Flush;2749112
You insensitive prick.

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #338 on: December 27, 2012, 10:52:30 AM »
Quote from: @ss4oLe;3618645
1. they only come in black
2. they aren't welded at the seam
3. the wheels need spoke tension out of the box

Mostly I think people just want options. Even if they never buy 'em. :)

Tires are my biggest issue. The Revenge tires are the best yet but they are a little heavy by todays standards.

Yea, the tires I have seen on some of the local 22"ers have been questionable at best.  Shit- I haven't found much in the way of choice in rubber for my 24" that I have fallen in love with.  Just got a pair of the 1.85" Intense micro knobbs.  Those have been my go to so far for my Model C.
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #339 on: December 27, 2012, 11:19:38 AM »
Quote from: skateparkrider;3618654
Shit- I haven't found much in the way of choice in rubber for my 24" that I have fallen in love with.  Just got a pair of the 1.85" Intense micro knobbs.  Those have been my go to so far for my Model C.

There's a bunch of 24" tire options out there.  If you can find some lightly used or pony up for new, the Schwalbe tabletops are nice.  Tioga, maxxis, kenda, and dmr make some good ones.
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #340 on: December 27, 2012, 04:41:12 PM »
Quote from: skateparkrider;3618635

The rims have held up since mid august but the rear pinned seam is starting to go.

I rebuilt the rims a couple weeks ago and measured the rims with a micrometer.  The revenge rim is identical to the quadrant rim.  Not a bad rim at all and I am surprised they have held up this long (lots of cases etc.).  I really don't want to buy a whole wheelset just to get rims again.

Does anyone know is these aftermarket rims will be offered in 22"?  Apparently they have a welded seam.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:42:28 PM by ssteinbr »

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #341 on: December 27, 2012, 04:43:15 PM »
Quote from: Stoked;3618664
There's a bunch of 24" tire options out there.  If you can find some lightly used or pony up for new, the Schwalbe tabletops are nice.  Tioga, maxxis, kenda, and dmr make some good ones.

Stoked is right the tabletop tire is amazing.  As a matter of fact I still have the one pictured here on the front if you are interested Bob.  Trade?  It has a lot of tread left... like new and it weighs like 500 grams and grips crazy good especially in dirt.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:47:44 PM by ssteinbr »

Offline Blue Streak

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #342 on: December 28, 2012, 08:13:04 AM »
Quote from: ssteinbr;3618721
The rims have held up since mid august but the rear pinned seam is starting to go.

I rebuilt the rims a couple weeks ago and measured the rims with a micrometer.  The revenge rim is identical to the quadrant rim.  Not a bad rim at all and I am surprised they have held up this long (lots of cases etc.).  I really don't want to buy a whole wheelset just to get rims again.

Does anyone know is these aftermarket rims will be offered in 22"?  Apparently they have a welded seam.

Jay over at S&M said they were in the 22" game for the long haul, so I'm betting that those rims will be made in 22" also. :cheers:

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #343 on: December 28, 2012, 10:23:25 AM »
Quote from: Blue Streak;3618909
Jay over at S&M said they were in the 22" game for the long haul, so I'm betting that those rims will be made in 22" also. :cheers:

If so we are all set!

Offline Gooby

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #344 on: December 28, 2012, 11:52:26 AM »
We're in the process of building a 22" Holmes for a customer with all american made parts. I will report back with photos once it's compleate. Obviously we can't get %100 American made though (grips, tires).
Quote from: blueee;3573254
closing down dispenseries helps give young americans jobs

as drug dealers

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

22 inches
« Reply #344 on: December 28, 2012, 11:52:26 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special