Multimedia

Author Topic: 22 inches  (Read 391841 times)

Offline @ss4oLe

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #360 on: January 01, 2013, 09:48:58 PM »
one from today.

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #361 on: January 01, 2013, 09:50:38 PM »
Quote from: @ss4oLe;3619980
one from today.[/IMG]

Hell yeah!

Offline Alice Glass

• is a schmuck
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #362 on: January 01, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
Quote from: @ss4oLe;3619980
one from today.

How tall are you? I was interested in a 22" build but I'm 5'8" so I felt I'd be better off on my 21" Sunday

Offline @ss4oLe

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #363 on: January 01, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
I'm 5'8" or just under. That frame is 21.75 long. Feels great!

Offline tzicktzack

• View Profile
current Amero set-up
« Reply #364 on: January 05, 2013, 02:42:52 PM »
I changed some parts on my Faction Amero, so here is my current set-up. Right now I run a 26T/10T gear ratio, which is perfect for me (IMO there is no need for a 9T driver!). As you can see, there is still a bit more space between the sprocket and the chainstay, so at least you can choose a 28T sprocket, may be bigger (space between crank and chainstay is 5 mm or 0.2 inch). Due to the longer top tube (21.5 ") I replaced the S&M stem (53 mm/2.09 inch) with a shorter Mutiny top load stem (48 mm/1.89 inch). It feels much better to me. Next week Iīll try out different bar heights. Furthermore I will exchange the plastic pedals (ordered Deluxe metal paddles) and the tires for sure (hope the F22 foldable tires will arrive soon). The current tires have very good grip but they can't stand much psi.
Due to bad weather conditions I cantīt write a elaborate review, but my first impression is, 22" is perfect for me. I think I will never go back on a 24" bike (I used to ride a 24" WTP cruiser for the last 4 years).
current part list:
Frame: Faction Bike Co Amero Kit (21.5 TT)
Fork: Faction Bike Co Amero Kit
Wheelset: Faction Bike Co Amero Kit with a 10 T driver.
Tires: ??? (no-name product)
Stem: Mutiny Lifted 48 mm
Bar: Sunday Victory 8.32 "
Grips: REVENGE Customer Friendly Grips (Best Grips I ever had!)
Cranks: Wethepeople Royal 175 mm
Sprocket: Wethepeople Supreme 26T
Chain: KMC Z510HX
Brake equipment: all Odyssey (the new ghost brake pads are amazing!)
Seat: Fiend Team
Seatpost: Federal
BB & Headset: Eclat
Pedals: ??? plastic with metal pins

Offline Tsage

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #365 on: January 05, 2013, 03:25:40 PM »
Quote from: tzicktzack;3621076
I changed some parts on my Faction Amero, so here is my current set-up. Right now I run a 26T/10T gear ratio, which is perfect for me (IMO there is no need for a 9T driver!). As you can see, there is still a bit more space between the sprocket and the chainstay, so at least you can choose a 28T sprocket, may be bigger (space between crank and chainstay is 5 mm or 0.2 inch). Due to the longer top tube (21.5 ") I replaced the S&M stem (53 mm/2.09 inch) with a shorter Mutiny top load stem (48 mm/1.89 inch). It feels much better to me. Next week Iīll try out different bar heights. Furthermore I will exchange the plastic pedals (ordered Deluxe metal paddles) and the tires for sure (hope the F22 foldable tires will arrive soon). The current tires have very good grip but they can't stand much psi.
Due to bad weather conditions I cantīt write a elaborate review, but my first impression is, 22" is perfect for me. I think I will never go back on a 24" bike (I used to ride a 24" WTP cruiser for the last 4 years).
current part list:
Frame: Faction Bike Co Amero Kit (21.5 TT)
Fork: Faction Bike Co Amero Kit
Wheelset: Faction Bike Co Amero Kit with a 10 T driver.
Tires: ??? (no-name product)
Stem: Mutiny Lifted 48 mm
Bar: Sunday Victory 8.32 "
Grips: REVENGE Customer Friendly Grips (Best Grips I ever had!)
Cranks: Wethepeople Royal 175 mm
Sprocket: Wethepeople Supreme 26T
Chain: KMC Z510HX
Brake equipment: all Odyssey (the new ghost brake pads are amazing!)
Seat: Fiend Team
Seatpost: Federal
BB & Headset: Eclat
Pedals: ??? plastic with metal pins

I really like the standover height on that bike.  The rest of the 22s I have seen look a little Killerado scooterish.

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #366 on: January 05, 2013, 04:45:26 PM »
Quote from: Tsage;3621090
I really like the standover height on that bike.  The rest of the 22s I have seen look a little Killerado scooterish.

Yes agreed.  My only complaint on the holmes is the standover... cosmetic yes but I would like it to be an inch more.

Very nice Amero!  I can't wait for the faction f22 tires to show up.  They said 28 days shipping to US distro then normal shipping from texas.  It has been 32 days since I placed the order so I should have them soon.

Offline @ss4oLe

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #367 on: January 05, 2013, 06:34:27 PM »
Quote from: ssteinbr;3621114
It has been 32 days since I placed the order so I should have them soon.

hahahahhahaha. HA. good luck. ;)
:cheers:

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #368 on: January 05, 2013, 06:35:22 PM »
Quote from: @ss4oLe;3621149
hahahahhahaha. HA. good luck. ;)
:cheers:

lol I know but I am willing to take the risk.  If I lose the money I will invoke the wrath of paypal :-)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:36:30 PM by ssteinbr »

Offline cmc4130

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #369 on: January 05, 2013, 07:30:17 PM »
Quote from: Tsage;3621090

T, the standovers on other 22"s are actually not short.  The seat tube/standover on the Holmes 22 is listed as 9" and on the InDust Cuatro, it's 9.5 (top of seat tube down to center of bb).  Lot's of 20" frames have 8" and 8.5" seat tubes.

There's actually a couple of visual effects going on:   a larger wheel makes the seat tube look shorter than on a 20", even when it's not, because the top of the rear wheel comes up higher. Also, if the bb height is shifted down (not 1.75" above axles, but instead, like 1.25" above axles), then the triangles are shifted down slightly--this does make it a relatively lower-slung frame, but not because the seat tube is shorter.

I don't disagree that the taller back end look is cool though.  Reminds me of classic frames like your T1 etc.

Offline Tsage

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »
Cullen,

I get what you are saying, but when I rode pepper's indust a few weeks back that was the one thing that stood out to me visually.

Just from an aesthetics standpoint I think another inch of stand over would do make a huge difference. But like I said its just aesthetic.

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #371 on: January 06, 2013, 12:47:37 PM »
I couldn't help myself...  Decided to buy this as a congratulations present for myself for landing a new full time management job.
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline @ss4oLe

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #372 on: January 06, 2013, 02:26:20 PM »
Hell Yea Bunky!

Offline tzicktzack

• View Profile
Faction F22 Tires / estimated delivery date
« Reply #373 on: January 17, 2013, 04:02:23 PM »
Quote from: ssteinbr;3621114
I can't wait for the faction f22 tires to show up.  They said 28 days shipping to US distro then normal shipping from texas.  It has been 32 days since I placed the order so I should have them soon.

I sent an e-amil to Faction regarding estimated delivery date. This is what they answered: "I think tyres will be ready before end of February. We were trying to co-ordinate for half the delivery to go the USA warehouse and half to come here (one consignment at the factory and one courier ) but it didn't work out so we've had to arrange for it to be collected by different shippers on different weeks.The factory has to manage our small order between their huge roadbike orders, unfortunately we have to keep to their timetable not ours because the F22 is a 'rebel' project for two of the factory technicians. We're lucky to have their cutting edge tech but it does mean we sometimes have to put up with delays".

I think weīve to be patient and keep in mind that Faction is a small player in the game. I personally really appreciate that they push the market for a 22" option.

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #374 on: January 17, 2013, 05:03:49 PM »
Bunky going in!!!  Nice!
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

22 inches
« Reply #374 on: January 17, 2013, 05:03:49 PM »

-->