Multimedia

Author Topic: Automotive Hotness 4.0h  (Read 643154 times)

Offline sheepdog

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1245 on: April 16, 2009, 01:43:37 PM »
Quote from: bmxpunkr;2948609
You're not the only one.  However, give me a ZR1 instead of the Z06, still a Corvette so parts are common, but faster than a GT-R/almost every car other than the Bugatti Veyron.  Plus, my personal opinion is that the GT-R is ugly, some of the lines are just a little too much for me.

I was aiming for similar M.S.R.P.,granted finding a GTR for that would be tough more than likely and probably end up paying closer to a ZR1, and yes, I would much rather have the ZR1 as well.

I agree the GTR is ugly, as is the Bugatti and the ZR1 hood (somewhat).

Offline DAKINS

• Just ride your damn bike.
    • View Profile
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1246 on: April 16, 2009, 04:38:45 PM »
True, the ZR1 is aimed more at Ferrari than Nissan.

Drunk Jays fan

Offline zippo

• View Profile
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1247 on: April 16, 2009, 05:40:14 PM »
i'll take nissan anyday

Offline sheepdog

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1248 on: April 16, 2009, 06:24:42 PM »
Quote from: zippo;2949031
i'll take nissan anyday

Watch me laugh first time it needs an oil change or god forbid brakes. Dig deep, you'll need it. Don't forget to save some for the insane insurance (Vette's have some of the lowest for a sports car) and tickets because of all the fan boys wanting to race.

Oh, and forget mods. Hope you have a VERY thick wallet for that.

Offline Infinity man

• View Profile
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1249 on: April 16, 2009, 08:46:31 PM »
Quote from: sheepdog;2949080
Watch me laugh first time it needs an oil change or god forbid brakes. Dig deep, you'll need it. Don't forget to save some for the insane insurance (Vette's have some of the lowest for a sports car) and tickets because of all the fan boys wanting to race.

I built ferarri f430 and f360 motors last summer, they are incredible.  Every thing that comes in a ferarri box is 100% perfect.  You cannot say the same for chevrolet parts.

Offline properrider

• View Profile
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1250 on: April 16, 2009, 08:53:21 PM »

If you have the money to shell out for the car itself, than paying for it obviously shouldnt be a problem. People that pay for a Veyron dont say "Shit, I wonder how im going to pay 18 grand every year to replace the wheels and tires, plus the brakes, plus change my oil every 3000 miles"
Quote from: redface;3611994
...from what i can tell after a 5 second google search.  we\'re like VeinBMX without the sweet how-to videos!

Offline zippo

• View Profile
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1251 on: April 16, 2009, 08:58:36 PM »

i wouldn't exactly be in a struggling situation for me to buy a GTR. People seem to underestimate this car and think that the average joe can afford it. It is still an expensive car, the dealership fees are huge (~$2000), but if you're looking to buy a GTR there's no way you can expect to skimp out.

People seem to talk about it as if it's a really fast everyday car, and are so surprised when the bills start stacking.

I'll agree with the whole warrenty situation being sketchy on Nissan's part. They are obviously new to the "supercar" scene, so it seems as though they're really trying to cover their asses, by voiding warrenty with anything they can. As a company, to avoid further critisism, they should probably step their game up and realize that people are going to want to push their cars. I've read of GTRs having their warrenties voided for being ran on a dyno...that's ridiculous if you ask me.

We'll see what happens in the future with this car. The new technology will be mastered, and we'll see what happens with the warrenty ordeal.

Offline thirks

• View Profile
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1252 on: April 16, 2009, 09:23:39 PM »
does this count?
my dad's Honda SP1

Quote from: joe p.;2766473
I nail my girlfriend on her period regularly, she claims it\'s actually better. Just wear a condom so you don\'t get blood on your wang.

Offline DAKINS

• Just ride your damn bike.
    • View Profile
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1253 on: April 16, 2009, 09:48:18 PM »
Quote from: Infinity man;2949200
I built ferarri f430 and f360 motors last summer, they are incredible.  Every thing that comes in a ferarri box is 100% perfect.  You cannot say the same for chevrolet parts.

Only because they cost a whole lot more.  If Chevy wanted to produce a Corvette that cost the same as an F430, it would be just as over the top.  However, then it wouldn't be a vette.  The whole point is that you get a Ferrari killer, for much less money.

Drunk Jays fan

Offline HOSHPOSH

• View Profile
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1254 on: April 16, 2009, 10:01:25 PM »
Quote from: fits3;2947147

neighbor few houses down has that carrera gt car. his son has a brand new 09 vette. there wealthy

Offline crowquill

• View Profile
    • http://www.thinkforyourself.tk
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1255 on: April 17, 2009, 01:36:26 AM »

Offline sheepdog

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1256 on: April 17, 2009, 06:12:25 AM »
Quote from: Infinity man;2949200

Wreck a Ferrari though and see what the bill is. Some Ferraris are cheap as shit (for a Ferrari) because of a minor accident. Ferrari is not good at stocking body parts.

Quote from: properrider;2949206
If you have the money to shell out for the car itself, than paying for it obviously shouldnt be a problem. People that pay for a Veyron dont say "Shit, I wonder how im going to pay 18 grand every year to replace the wheels and tires, plus the brakes, plus change my oil every 3000 miles"

That whole saying is B.S.
If you were talking a Veyron, yes. But a GTR is not THAT expensive to purchase (MSRP). Are you saying people with Vette's are rich? hardly. Many save for years to buy many of these cars because they are within the realm of the average person. Just because you buy it doesn't mean you can afford it.

Look up the cheapest Porshe, now check what service costs on it... An oil change on a Boxster is $300 each. Check out the brake cost on an STI WRX to have done. Its not an expensive car really, but a brake job is ridiculous.

Want a great example, look up a Porsche 928, they can be had for under $10k. Now go look at a steering rack, better yet, look up the steering rack for an old 944 that you can get for less than 5k. An older 911 is actually cheaper to maintain in many cases.

People buy cars they can't afford all the time, they also tend to buy houses they can't afford, which has become fairly obvious.

Quote from: zippo;2949214
i wouldn't exactly be in a struggling situation for me to buy a GTR. People seem to underestimate this car and think that the average joe can afford it. It is still an expensive car, the dealership fees are huge (~$2000), but if you're looking to buy a GTR there's no way you can expect to skimp out.

People seem to talk about it as if it's a really fast everyday car, and are so surprised when the bills start stacking.

Exactly. Buying the car is only one cost of owning a car.

Offline properrider

• View Profile
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1257 on: April 17, 2009, 06:52:33 AM »
Sheep, you made a good point now that I think of it the way you mentioned it.
Quote from: redface;3611994
...from what i can tell after a 5 second google search.  we\'re like VeinBMX without the sweet how-to videos!

Offline Tooth Paste

• Brutal Gladiator.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.meatspin.com
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1258 on: April 17, 2009, 11:04:20 AM »
Quote from: sheepdog;2949596

Just because you buy it doesn't mean you can afford it.

Exactly. Buying the car is only one cost of owning a car.

I had an Audi for a couple months!  (which aren't expensive, but for me it was)

Offline Louis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1259 on: April 17, 2009, 11:31:06 AM »

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Automotive Hotness 4.0h
« Reply #1259 on: April 17, 2009, 11:31:06 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special