Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1744128 times)

Offline brian itzaina

• View Profile
Re: Post Your Guns
« Reply #4185 on: November 27, 2013, 11:31:04 AM »
If you travel in ca. with a firearm make sure it is locked in a gun case, empty and stored in the trunk or bed of your car or truck..store your ammo and the firearm in seperate parts of the vehicle..ie gun in the trunk locked ammo in the cab locked. In other words make it as hard as possible for you to grab, load and fire the firearm as possible from the vehicle.

transporting ammo separate is not necessary. also if its in a locked case and unloaded it can be anywhere in the vehicle. long guns only need to be locked in in gfsz. mags can be loaded just not inserted into firearm.

So if my gun case is locked I can have the spare magazine loaded in the same case correct? I keep getting different answers from different people/places.
To play it safe I keep my glock unloaded with the empty spare mag in a pelican case padlocked, my 357 with a cable lock through the cylinder and no ammo in a soft zipper case with no padlock and all my ammo in an ammo case padlocked. Then I load it all into the same bag and bungee it around my sissy bar.
Quote from: GMLN;3522927
Can everyone please stop saying swag.

Swag

tumblrington

Offline bouncehouse420

• View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: November 27, 2013, 09:45:10 PM »
If you travel in ca. with a firearm make sure it is locked in a gun case, empty and stored in the trunk or bed of your car or truck..store your ammo and the firearm in seperate parts of the vehicle..ie gun in the trunk locked ammo in the cab locked. In other words make it as hard as possible for you to grab, load and fire the firearm as possible from the vehicle.

transporting ammo separate is not necessary. also if its in a locked case and unloaded it can be anywhere in the vehicle. long guns only need to be locked in in gfsz. mags can be loaded just not inserted into firearm.

So if my gun case is locked I can have the spare magazine loaded in the same case correct? I keep getting different answers from different people/places.
To play it safe I keep my glock unloaded with the empty spare mag in a pelican case padlocked, my 357 with a cable lock through the cylinder and no ammo in a soft zipper case with no padlock and all my ammo in an ammo case padlocked. Then I load it all into the same bag and bungee it around my sissy bar.

Correct you can have loaded mags in the same locked container as the handgun as long as they are not inserted into the magwell. for some reason the gun shops like to tell you mags have to be empty and ammo has to be seperate. Legally you do not.  It may be a good idea though just because most cops don't seem to very well versed on the actual laws. Keeping it all seperate would eliminate any doubts

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: November 28, 2013, 08:55:11 AM »
Yeah that dude with a Mac 10 or something his name starts with  Y.. look through this thread and you will see him. I think you know him so maybe he's a no go..

Yacqueli, he hasn't been on in a few months.

pretty sure hes not.... im also pretty sure TheHouseProduct is

Im not a FFL. I have someone who Gives me the same benefits of having a FFL. House products is a FFL here in orange county.. Where are you located? my guy is in Tehachapi if that is closer to you then I can PM you his info.

I'm in North County SD (Carlsbad to be specific).  Send me some deets if you can please!  Worst case I'll run a search on GB's FFL list.
Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: November 29, 2013, 10:16:35 PM »
Just shot a PM to TheHouseProduct.  Hope to hear back from him soon!
Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline Cat Daddy V.2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: December 18, 2013, 11:54:06 PM »

Offline Rick James

• View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: December 19, 2013, 12:22:21 AM »
Digging the AR! Is that a Colt SOCOM?

Offline Cat Daddy V.2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: December 19, 2013, 12:26:36 AM »
Thanks!
It was supposed to be, but it's just a standard M4 upper from BCM pinned by ADCO. I have been on there 'notify me when available' list since March for the socom profile. Got tired of waiting and just decided to pick this up. Will be picking up a socom upper when it's actually available and maybe building a block II style rifle..no more money though!

Offline Rick James

• View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: December 19, 2013, 01:44:38 AM »
Block II's are nice  :D   

I built mine off of a Noveske N4 Basic upper and chainsaw lower so it's not an exact clone, but I didn't start out with the intentions of building one either. I'll try to keep my next clone as close to spec as I can.

Have you ever looked on AR15.com's Equipment Exchange? 14.5" Colt SOCOM barrels pop up there on a semi-regular basis and it's possible to get a good deal if you're patient.

Offline Cat Daddy V.2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: December 19, 2013, 02:59:03 AM »
Oh yeah that's nice!
Actually a decent amount of mine came from afrcoms EE along with ebay.

I was looking at a few socom profiles but didn't feel comfortable barreling the upper and this was a budget build (total was about $670 so not too bad) and really didn't want to spend the money to get it completely assembled. I wanted to do a block ii clone but just didn't have the money for the DD rail and started liking the PR/1.5 style rifles. I always find myself browsing the block ii and mk18 threads on arfcom.. How do you like your stubby tango down? I sometimes with I had gone that route, at least the QD model..such a pain to get mine off.

On a side note if anyone is interested LBT has a great deal on there 'extended ruck' pack.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: December 19, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »

Hell yes. Rattle can jobs make me happy (I assume that's a good rattle can job).

I'll be picking up a new rifle soon. Looking at AMD-65s for the ugliness and bastardness. Either that or an M&M M10-762.

Offline Cat Daddy V.2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: December 19, 2013, 10:52:32 PM »
Yep it's sprayed, my phone takes terrible photos though. I followed this sponge tutorial on ar15.com...well followed it very loosely but meh I like it. Has a texture, plus my Ras was super beat up and the two FDE parts were killing me color wise.

I really need to pick on an optic..either a Comp M3 or an XPS 2-0

Get an AK with wood furniture..moar better

Here it is before

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:54:25 PM by Cat Daddy V.2.0 »

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: December 19, 2013, 11:05:10 PM »
I love wood furniture on Com-Bloc guns. If I end up having my pick, I'll get one with wood. Otherwise it's a metal folder.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: December 20, 2013, 12:05:59 AM »
Looking at buying my dad a shotgun for Christmas. My budget is $400 maybe 450.. Mossberg 500 or Remington 870? Any other suggestions? He wants to be tacticool with a pistol grip and shit but the fixed stock? law is ruining the vibe of that lol. If you had to get your dad a gun and were only 18 with $400 what would you buy?

Offline B.B.Rodriguez

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/imamachinegun
« Reply #4198 on: December 20, 2013, 01:09:38 AM »
When it comes to the 500 and the 870 its like comparing red apples to green apples they are both really good guns and finding parts and upgrades for them isnt difficult. Flip a coin, though i think you can get a mossberg thats dressed up a little nicer for that price than you can a remington.
I like my ice extra cold.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: December 20, 2013, 01:14:42 AM »
Thanks for the input man with the nice barcode.
Well crap. I didn't realize that shotguns had a 10 day wait for them also. I'll just tell him it's going to come in a little late. Might try and buy one tomorrow or the next.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #4199 on: December 20, 2013, 01:14:42 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello