Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1743076 times)

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3855 on: December 20, 2012, 09:53:10 PM »
So what's being banned or regulated?

Offline Rick James

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3856 on: December 20, 2012, 09:55:36 PM »
Nothing yet. People are freaking out at the possibility of a new assault weapons ban/magazine capacity restrictions.

Offline Rick James

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3857 on: December 20, 2012, 09:58:35 PM »
Quote from: Cat Daddy;3617016
...THIS IS MADNESS!

I know I was in my LGS which is aways away from me the other day, Tuesday..Bought two pmags..and then everything went to hell. I should bought like..$145 worth, not two. Meh the Troys seem solid, still feel like I should go pick up some more 20rd pmags just because...it's christmas..plus the shop is going to close down from the end of the day Friday to Jan-4th..At least this shop is true to their word and did not increase prices on anything. Well I did pay too much for the Troys...then I seen the had 20rd pmags behind the counter for $13 and grabbed two of them because I had already spent $120 on six troys. shit. Can't return anything either.

I'd rather have the Battlemags than the 20rd PMags. I haven't used them personally, but I've always heard the 20 rounders have reliability issues.

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3858 on: December 20, 2012, 11:28:55 PM »
Just pre-ordered a 80% 1911 .45 from Ares Tactical.  Turns out there machine shop is about 8 miles away from me and they do multiple build parties a week there...
Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3859 on: December 20, 2012, 11:48:43 PM »
Quote from: sokoloka;3617037
Just pre-ordered a 80% 1911 .45 from Ares Tactical.  Turns out there machine shop is about 8 miles away from me and they do multiple build parties a week there...

Alot of people are pissed about them advertising build parties on the radio and agreeing to do a news story on them.

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3860 on: December 20, 2012, 11:52:27 PM »
Quote from: BOUNCEHOUSE420;3617041
Alot of people are pissed about them advertising build parties on the radio and agreeing to do a news story on them.

Shit, really?  My buddy turned me on to them - never heard of them prior to last week.  They charge $65 per 80% for "instruction and cnc time" at each build party.  Cheaper than the $130 jig for the lower 1911 frame, figured I can do two builds and still come out even.  Shit is NOT cheap though.  Would love to build a .45 and 9mm 1911 but only see .45 stuff out there right now.

Less than impressed with the wanton publicity however...
Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline Cat Daddy

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3861 on: December 20, 2012, 11:56:08 PM »
Yeah, I still would like to pick up a few more mags..the battlemags are such a pain in the ass to get the floor plate off!

"It's very simple. The lawmakers have no way of controlling the criminals so they control the law abiding, because we're an easy target."

Sounds about right to me..

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3862 on: December 21, 2012, 01:04:11 AM »
Quote from: sokoloka;3617042
Shit, really?  My buddy turned me on to them - never heard of them prior to last week.  They charge $65 per 80% for "instruction and cnc time" at each build party.  Cheaper than the $130 jig for the lower 1911 frame, figured I can do two builds and still come out even.  Shit is NOT cheap though.  Would love to build a .45 and 9mm 1911 but only see .45 stuff out there right now.

Less than impressed with the wanton publicity however...

Yeah heres the news piece on it... awesome huh?

http://www.10news.com/news/investigations/people-line-up-to-legally-make-untraceable-guns

Basically the same deal that started the bullet button witch hunt.

Offline Cat Daddy

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3863 on: December 21, 2012, 02:56:11 AM »
So lets say a ban really did happen..How long would it take to be put into effect? Could they do it and say as of now! or is it a process that will take months/year...Really hope NOTHING happens but with this stupid ass pres and co nothing would surpise me. EVIL BLACK RIFLES!

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-11

Offline yacqueli

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3864 on: December 22, 2012, 01:57:32 AM »
Quote from: William;3616975
If it's your first handgun then don't get a .45. That's my thought!

9mm or .38 would be good. The only .45 platform I like is the 1911

ever shot a p220? USP?

the 1911 is amazing. i own 2. but there are combat pistols in 45 that are just as solid.
G-TROOP
PURE EVIL!

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3865 on: December 23, 2012, 12:40:41 AM »
Quote from: sokoloka;3617037

Quote from: BOUNCEHOUSE420;3617041

That and their Rudius paperweights are out of spec, so good luck. They seem to have nonstop issues with their mill/setup/operators. Heard about quite a few AR's being milled out of spec at their build parties as well.

Offline super_chief

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3866 on: December 24, 2012, 12:12:08 AM »
just jailed an M&P22 and ordered a spare mag

10 days & counting

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3867 on: December 24, 2012, 10:43:13 AM »
AR prices are going nuts.  I sold all of my magazines for about 60 a piece and sold my AR for a little over what I paid for it, 2 years after.  Sellers market with all this BS going on, at least in my area.  No shops have semi auto rifles, especially AR15s, no magazines, no glocks/springfields/sigs.
L0F

Offline gnar_rider

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3868 on: December 25, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »
i currently have a sig p250, and can have it sold (if i choose to do so) for what i paid for it to a couple different friends.

looking at a glock 26 for access to more accessories, parts, etc. and i like the quick trigger of the glock compared to my sig.

my question is, does anyone have any opinions/suggestions?
what is a good price on a used one? i know a guy who deals in this kind of stuff so that i may be able to run into one without going to a gun store -- however if i have to go to the gun store i think they were running about 500. is that pretty fair?

thanks

edit: i haven't been to a gun store in awhile, hoping to go tomorrow or the day after but i have no idea what they would have in stock. are places really running out of pistols that they have in stock?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 08:57:12 PM by gnar_rider »
lost your job? keep buying foreign.

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3869 on: December 25, 2012, 11:42:47 PM »
Quote from: couch;3617546
That and their Rudius paperweights are out of spec, so good luck. They seem to have nonstop issues with their mill/setup/operators. Heard about quite a few AR's being milled out of spec at their build parties as well.

I haven't heard any of that... good stuff haha

Quote from: Birdmane;3617868
AR prices are going nuts.  I sold all of my magazines for about 60 a piece and sold my AR for a little over what I paid for it, 2 years after.  Sellers market with all this BS going on, at least in my area.  No shops have semi auto rifles, especially AR15s, no magazines, no glocks/springfields/sigs.

Every place around here that sells guns or ammo or tactical shit looks like its been robbed.. pretty crazy. I could probably get 2-3x what I have into my ar here for it. I do it if I knew the market would come back down soon dont want to get stuck without an ar and I'm not paying 900 bucks for an M&P sport. Shop here has a SCAR 17 for 10k only ebr left in the county.

I can still get 30rd pmags (rebuild kits) for 15 bucks each I thinking of. Buying a bunch and seeing how much I can make on egay

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3869 on: December 25, 2012, 11:42:47 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello