Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1744008 times)

Offline William

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3735 on: November 20, 2012, 01:07:20 AM »
Do you have the right tools to put it together? Where are you getting the receiver from?

▲▲ amidoinitrite?

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3736 on: November 20, 2012, 01:29:53 AM »
Quote from: barcodebilly;3608803
are those egyptian kits legal in ca? fairly cheap and quite awesome.

if you configure them legally yes. the only part that may be banned is the receiver which is also the only part considered a firearm. but in order for them to be imported the receiver has been destroyed so you have to bend up your own.

Quote from: William;3608804
Do you have the right tools to put it together? Where are you getting the receiver from?

my friend has built a few so he has the bending and riveting jigs also the stuff to populate the barrel. i will be buying the receiver as flat either online or at the gun show.

Offline William

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3737 on: November 20, 2012, 01:49:43 AM »
Quote from: BOUNCEHOUSE420;3608809
if you configure them legally yes. the only part that may be banned is the receiver which is also the only part considered a firearm. but in order for them to be imported the receiver has been destroyed so you have to bend up your own.

The barrels are chopped up and replaced with american ones too if I'm not mistaken. Partly for 922r compliance and for some other stupid import reason

▲▲ amidoinitrite?

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3738 on: November 20, 2012, 11:15:41 AM »
Quote from: William;3608812
The barrels are chopped up and replaced with american ones too if I'm not mistaken. Partly for 922r compliance and for some other stupid import reason

Its for atf import reasons you can buy kits with new barrels installed but they cost quite a bit more. I'm gonna sell the crutch stock and use the money to buy a new us made chrome lined barrel

Offline drewfunk

• BANNED
  • Olympia, WA
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3739 on: November 21, 2012, 03:55:48 PM »
Just got this last night, Pietta Remington 1858, first black powder gun i've shot.
Quote from: blueee;3558549
the only calipers i have is a piece of string, a 4.25in long phone and a quarter.

Offline Cat Daddy

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3740 on: November 21, 2012, 11:49:54 PM »
^Nice!

So being in Hawaii alot of the time the problem of rust exist. I am sure it does everywhere but I am like infront of a beach, salt air..rust..I try my best to keep oil on my guns but is a pain because the cases suck the the oil away in like three days. Has anyone used something like this or similar? Cabellas has some like $14 bags but they seem more for long term storage.

https://www.zcorrproducts.com/collections/

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3741 on: November 22, 2012, 01:33:01 AM »
Quote from: Cat Daddy;3609385
^Nice!

So being in Hawaii alot of the time the problem of rust exist. I am sure it does everywhere but I am like infront of a beach, salt air..rust..I try my best to keep oil on my guns but is a pain because the cases suck the the oil away in like three days. Has anyone used something like this or similar? Cabellas has some like $14 bags but they seem more for long term storage.

https://www.zcorrproducts.com/collections/

Try frog lube works awesome. Its heat activated so it wont wipe off as easily as oil. Also try wearing gloves when you handle them oils and sweat from your hands will rust the shit out of your guns faster than salt air. Get some of those moisture absorbing packets like the ones that come in shoes and keep them in your cases.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3742 on: November 23, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »
Quote from: BOUNCEHOUSE420;3608802
just ordered this

I mean you can never go back in time but these kits, along with polish underfolders and ACTUAL RUSSIAN 47 and 74 kits were less than $200 around 10-12 years ago...

Now krebs custom out of NW burbs of Chicago is selling krinkov kits for almost 1k.

HINDSIGHT
L0F

Offline Cat Daddy

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3743 on: November 23, 2012, 03:16:43 PM »
Quote from: BOUNCEHOUSE420;3609420
Try frog lube works awesome. Its heat activated so it wont wipe off as easily as oil. Also try wearing gloves when you handle them oils and sweat from your hands will rust the shit out of your guns faster than salt air. Get some of those moisture absorbing packets like the ones that come in shoes and keep them in your cases.

Just read up on that stuff, why is there such a big controversy with it? It looks like "seal-1" is a comparable but cheaper product.

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3744 on: November 23, 2012, 05:44:12 PM »
Quote from: Cat Daddy;3609759
Just read up on that stuff, why is there such a big controversy with it? It looks like "seal-1" is a comparable but cheaper product.

couldn't tell you i haven't done a bunch of research on it honestly. i got a big tub for free from a friend and have been happy with the way it works.

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3745 on: November 23, 2012, 05:51:48 PM »
Quote from: Birdmane;3609714
I mean you can never go back in time but these kits, along with polish underfolders and ACTUAL RUSSIAN 47 and 74 kits were less than $200 around 10-12 years ago...

Now krebs custom out of NW burbs of Chicago is selling krinkov kits for almost 1k.

HINDSIGHT

if i had been thinkin of aks and shit 12 years ago i would also have a bunch of RAWs and hi caps and i wouldn't be dealing with mag locks but i was only 12 and had no idea what was going on. but a few months ago before these kits resurfaced they were selling for $600 -$800 bucks at the gun show here and people were still snatching them up. so if i hold onto if for a while i could make money off it if i wanted especially as a complete rifle. and if you think about it i got the kit for $150 since i can easily get $125 for the stock if i hold off on selling it till they dry up a lil i can get 300+ also the bayos sell for a pretty decent amount of money too.

Offline TheHouseProduct

• View Profile
    • http://www.thehousebmx.com
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3746 on: November 23, 2012, 06:03:35 PM »
I paid $80 for my Romanian kit. Machined my own bending jig and welded the trunions. I have a working AK for about $110. :-)

Offline drewfunk

• BANNED
  • Olympia, WA
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3747 on: November 24, 2012, 02:00:45 AM »
Here's my cousin shooting the Remington, gotta love that black powder.
Quote from: blueee;3558549
the only calipers i have is a piece of string, a 4.25in long phone and a quarter.

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3748 on: November 24, 2012, 02:21:33 AM »
Quote from: TheHouseProduct;3609784
I paid $80 for my Romanian kit. Machined my own bending jig and welded the trunions. I have a working AK for about $110. :-)

What About a barrel receiver flat 922r parts and a maglock or grip wrap? If I could build them that cheap id build 3!

Drew ive been eye fuckin a confederate navy replica bp revolver for a while... I want that fucker pretty bad

Offline TheHouseProduct

• View Profile
    • http://www.thehousebmx.com
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3749 on: November 25, 2012, 02:20:12 PM »
Quote from: BOUNCEHOUSE420;3609856
What About a barrel receiver flat 922r parts and a maglock or grip wrap? If I could build them that cheap id build 3!

Drew ive been eye fuckin a confederate navy replica bp revolver for a while... I want that fucker pretty bad
Barrels came with the kits back then. Receiver flat was $12. Ran a raddlock for a while then moved it to AZ.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3749 on: November 25, 2012, 02:20:12 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special