Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1743527 times)

Offline Cat Daddy

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3690 on: November 08, 2012, 12:31:58 AM »
Mossberg is a little to tacticool for me. You don't mind the pg and tang safety? Nice 10/22

Offline William

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3691 on: November 12, 2012, 01:07:16 AM »

Just bought this, it's the picture from GunBroker, but it's mine nonetheless. I'm picking it up on tuesday. Only cost me $90

▲▲ amidoinitrite?

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3692 on: November 13, 2012, 10:42:53 PM »
AR guys - any recommendations on reasonably priced optics?

Want to get something for my AR15.  All I'm running right now is the rear magpul flip-up sight.  Looking for something decent but doesn't need to be crazy money.  Durability would be preferred.
Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3693 on: November 13, 2012, 11:33:49 PM »
Quote from: Cat Daddy;3604641
Anyone with a cz75b? I want that

Best steel framed 9mm service pistol EVER made.
L0F

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3694 on: November 13, 2012, 11:35:14 PM »
Quote from: sokoloka;3607179
AR guys - any recommendations on reasonably priced optics?

Want to get something for my AR15.  All I'm running right now is the rear magpul flip-up sight.  Looking for something decent but doesn't need to be crazy money.  Durability would be preferred.

Range you want to be able to see targets/shoot out to?
L0F

Offline drewfunk

• BANNED
  • Olympia, WA
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3695 on: November 14, 2012, 01:12:19 AM »
I'm looking to get my first handgun pretty soon. I've done some skeet shooting with shotguns and shot my friends pistols, so i'm not a complete noob. I'm honestly wanting one mostly to carry for self-defense and do some recreational shooting. Should i start out with a small 22 to get comfortable with and upgrade later, or does it make more sense to spend the extra dough and get a glock? My friend has a Beretta bobcat he'll sell me which is a cute little 22, but i dont want to get bored with it immediately. He also has a glock which feels great in my hand, which is why i am interested in one of those.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:13:21 AM by drewfunk »
Quote from: blueee;3558549
the only calipers i have is a piece of string, a 4.25in long phone and a quarter.

Offline William

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3696 on: November 14, 2012, 01:16:19 AM »
Quote from: drewfunk;3607210
I'm looking to get my first handgun pretty soon. I've done some skeet shooting with shotguns and shot my friends pistols, so i'm not a complete noob. I'm honestly wanting one mostly to carry for self-defense and do some recreational shooting. Should i start out with a small 22 to get comfortable with and upgrade later, or does it make more sense to spend the extra dough and get a glock? My friend has a Beretta bobcat he'll sell me which is a cute little 22, but i dont want to get bored with it immediately. He also has a glock which feels great in my hand, which is why i am interested in one of those.

I would start with a .22 personally. Cheaper to buy and cheaper to shoot and get the hang of. I had a 1911 in .45acp and it was very expensive for me to play with so I ended up selling it about two months later. I have a Walther P22 that I love shooting, and I'm pretty sure if I pointed it at someone for self defense it could handle that too (provided that they're not wearing body armor.)

▲▲ amidoinitrite?

Offline drewfunk

• BANNED
  • Olympia, WA
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3697 on: November 14, 2012, 01:33:55 AM »
Yeah the main reason i am hesitant about getting a 22 is the tiny caliber. But there is no way in hell i would ever want to be in the way of a 22 shell so that puts it in perspective haha. I'm guessing a 22 round to the head would most definitely stop anyone.
Quote from: blueee;3558549
the only calipers i have is a piece of string, a 4.25in long phone and a quarter.

Offline William

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3698 on: November 14, 2012, 01:37:56 AM »
Quote from: drewfunk;3607219
Yeah the main reason i am hesitant about getting a 22 is the tiny caliber. But there is no way in hell i would ever want to be in the way of a 22 shell so that puts it in perspective haha. I'm guessing a 22 round to the head would most definitely stop anyone.

It most definitely would. The bullet almost always becomes deformed and "tumbles" in the body too. In most cases there is not an exist wound, the round just continues to tear shit up inside the body. You mag-dump a .22 pistol into someone and I promise they're not going to get back up. Most .22 handguns have small profiles for carrying and it makes it easy to carry extra ammunition with you too. I'm a huge fan of them, but obviously there is a valid argument that can be made for larger ammunition too. My advice is to just shoot one of each if you can and see which one you like the most.

▲▲ amidoinitrite?

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3699 on: November 14, 2012, 01:49:10 AM »
I've read multiple times over the past few years that more people die from .22 rounds than any other caliber.
Quote from: blueee;3557172
i went to a rave at a zoo one time. although i didnt give the dolphins heroin substitute

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3700 on: November 14, 2012, 09:26:32 AM »
Quote from: Birdmane;3607193
Range you want to be able to see targets/shoot out to?

Midrange, nothing crazy.  Mainly go plinking with it now, would like to start taking it hunting soon however.
Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3701 on: November 14, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »
Quote from: drewfunk;3607210

Yes, and yes.

Buy the .22 now if you can get it cheap. If anything, they are fun to play around with and will do some damage if you need it to.

Eventually you'll want something more dedicated to concealed carry but that's a whole different process. I would never CC a Glock due to the trigger design, considering ALL of the accidental discharges I've seen were from Glocks due to something bumping the trigger.

I will only carry a true DAO gun as the long trigger pull makes it the safest and best option to use. Next choice would be a single action with a safety (1911 style).

Quote from: sokoloka;3607280
Midrange, nothing crazy.  Mainly go plinking with it now, would like to start taking it hunting soon however.

Eotech/Burris Fastfire are the two best IMO. And you can always throw a magnifier on an Eotech for longer range work.

Offline super_chief

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3702 on: November 14, 2012, 11:38:12 AM »
Quote from: Admiral Ackbar;3607223
I've read multiple times over the past few years that more people die from .22 rounds than any other caliber.

also the most abundant round used by everyone from kids to adults

Offline Garrett.

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3703 on: November 14, 2012, 11:39:34 AM »
My favorite concealed is the Walther PPS 9mm handsdown.
It\'s called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.
-GC

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3704 on: November 14, 2012, 11:41:20 AM »
have you shot the bob cat? most of those .22 pocket pistols jam a lot i would never carry anything unreliable like that for self defense.if youre set on a .22 buy the best and get a ruger mkIII or 22/45. but for a dual purpose carry/plinking gun id go with a 9mm or .40 because theyre still affordable to shoot.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3704 on: November 14, 2012, 11:41:20 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello