Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1744106 times)

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3615 on: September 13, 2012, 10:41:45 PM »
Quote from: TerrorbabbleWon;3589437
Picked up a couple boxes of Federal American Eagle for practice and a box of the Federal Hydrashock hollow points for actually carrying.

You may already know this but run some of those defense rounds through your gun as well to make sure there aren't any feed issues with the hollowpoints.

Anyway, nice piece.  Enjoy.

Offline TerrorbabbleWon

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3616 on: September 13, 2012, 11:17:49 PM »
Quote from: wheelr;3589443
You may already know this but run some of those defense rounds through your gun as well to make sure there aren't any feed issues with the hollowpoints.
]

I will. Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna head out in a day or two to an outdoor unrestricted shooting "area" by the great salt lake to lay waste to some cans and paper targets.

Quote from: zane;3589442
Congrats! Nice choice and 9mm will be fine.

Thanks man! yeah. I spent several hours over the course of a couple days down at the Cabela's out here asking lots of questions of multiple people and ended up handling a couple dozen pistols. The M&P's ergonomics were the clear victor and the reviews were good and I was told by all of the guys that it was a solid choice. I'm excited, but really apprehensive and kind of anxious about it. I grew up with rifles and shotguns, but not handguns. The fact that I knew deep down that I NEEDED to own a handgun now... it was a feeling of unease. But the wife agreed. I couldn't imagine being in a situation where I couldn't protect her, if something would happen to her because I couldn't. So... yup. I own a gun now. :/
Next thing is to get a rifle of some sort, perhaps. And get my dad to mail me my little Browning .22 lever action that he got me for my 12th birthday.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 11:22:47 PM by TerrorbabbleWon »
(in reference to Dylan Pfohl edits)
Quote from: torontoflatlander;3623956
This is the dubstep of video editing and I dislike it immensely.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3617 on: September 13, 2012, 11:33:47 PM »
M&P is 1911 angles with Glock reliability.
L0F

Offline thirks

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3618 on: September 14, 2012, 04:06:03 AM »
Quote from: TerrorbabbleWon;3589456
The fact that I knew deep down that I NEEDED to own a handgun now...

yeah...right
Quote from: joe p.;2766473
I nail my girlfriend on her period regularly, she claims it\'s actually better. Just wear a condom so you don\'t get blood on your wang.

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3619 on: September 16, 2012, 08:16:46 PM »
Back in the US, time to start pulling out the toys!

Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline William

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3620 on: September 17, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »
Got a new 91/59! Thought it was an M38 so I was a little disappointed. It was an impulse buy, I didn't even check haha shittt
Still love it though

▲▲ amidoinitrite?

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3621 on: September 18, 2012, 12:30:24 AM »
sokolaka looks like he's a mercenary haha

Offline yacqueli

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3622 on: September 18, 2012, 06:56:59 PM »
an ar and a glock with a few mags makes you a mercenary? shit i must be a war lord
G-TROOP
PURE EVIL!

Offline gnar_rider

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3623 on: September 21, 2012, 09:50:21 PM »
I have a question for all of you 12 gauge guys /turkey guys. i got my mossberg 535 on a trade, and all i know about it is that I have 4 chokes and 2 barrels. I know about the chokes and everything, but i'm unclear as to which barrel to use? i'm only gonna shoot clays with it this week and to be honest I have only put 5 shells through it since I got it because I went back to school the next week.

it looks identical to top gun in this picture, i have the smaller 24" barrel not currently on the gun, and the 28" on the gun.

my question is, which barrel is better suited for shooting clays? if one is better for that, then what do I use the other barrel for?
also, can i take the strap mount thingy out of the cap that tightens the barrel down? it appears to be screwed into the cap of the barrel that isn't on the gun, but seems really tight. the other one has threads i just dont want to start trying to take it out and fuck it up.

it says that this gun will take 2.75-3.5" shells, are there any clay specific/cheap/certain size (or shot, etc) loads that i should get? i had used some that my old man had laying around before but i'm going to pick up a couple boxes for when i go on my own.
which choke would be better suited for shooting clays?

thanks
lost your job? keep buying foreign.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3624 on: September 21, 2012, 10:14:50 PM »
Quote from: gnar_rider;3591585
I have a question for all of you 12 gauge guys /turkey guys. i got my mossberg 535 on a trade, and all i know about it is that I have 4 chokes and 2 barrels. I know about the chokes and everything, but i'm unclear as to which barrel to use? i'm only gonna shoot clays with it this week and to be honest I have only put 5 shells through it since I got it because I went back to school the next week.

it looks identical to top gun in this picture, i have the smaller 24" barrel not currently on the gun, and the 28" on the gun.

my question is, which barrel is better suited for shooting clays? if one is better for that, then what do I use the other barrel for?
also, can i take the strap mount thingy out of the cap that tightens the barrel down? it appears to be screwed into the cap of the barrel that isn't on the gun, but seems really tight. the other one has threads i just dont want to start trying to take it out and fuck it up.

it says that this gun will take 2.75-3.5" shells, are there any clay specific/cheap/certain size (or shot, etc) loads that i should get? i had used some that my old man had laying around before but i'm going to pick up a couple boxes for when i go on my own.
which choke would be better suited for shooting clays?

thanks

For clays use the 28" barrel as it has a bead sight (better for birds and clays) and will give you a better swing.

Run the cheapest birdshot/skeet shells you can find. I never pay more than $5 or $6 per box of generic birdshot for messing around.

For the choke, just bring them all and ask the guys at the range. I run open chokes on my defense guns so I'm not the best one to ask. Lol
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:16:15 PM by master »

Offline Surf Nicaragua

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3625 on: September 22, 2012, 07:03:15 PM »
Quote from: William;3590327
Got a new 91/59! Thought it was an M38 so I was a little disappointed. It was an impulse buy, I didn't even check haha shittt
Still love it though

I shot a Mosin Nagant last weekend. Great guns, it was my friends and they had just bought it for $89. They put a pica-tinny rail ob it with a scope. Super loud but almost no kick, I like that. Shot his whole arsenal of guns that he had on his ranch.

Offline PabstBlueRibbon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3626 on: September 22, 2012, 10:54:47 PM »
Quote from: Surf Nicaragua;3591774
I shot a Mosin Nagant last weekend. Great guns, it was my friends and they had just bought it for $89. They put a pica-tinny rail ob it with a scope. Super loud but almost no kick, I like that. Shot his whole arsenal of guns that he had on his ranch.

Did it have the bent bolt?

Offline Surf Nicaragua

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3627 on: September 22, 2012, 11:12:08 PM »
Quote from: PabstBlueRibbon;3591831

I'm pretty sure it didn't

Offline William

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3628 on: September 23, 2012, 04:42:12 AM »
Quote from: PabstBlueRibbon;3591831

Probably not. To put rails on, people take the front iron sights off and replace it with an insert for a rail system.

▲▲ amidoinitrite?

Offline gnar_rider

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3629 on: September 23, 2012, 07:40:40 PM »
ok the cheek rest on my 535 looks like this:

its awkward and i can barely see down the barrel.

does anyone know where i can pick up one like below? and perhaps a price range or a place to buy one online?

edit: nevermind, i called mossberg and for 7 bucks i ordered one. sucks that shipping was 6.50 though
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 02:07:12 PM by gnar_rider »
lost your job? keep buying foreign.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3629 on: September 23, 2012, 07:40:40 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello