Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1744289 times)

Offline Otter

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3570 on: August 24, 2012, 02:26:52 AM »
Man, Americans are paranoid. Just move to a nice neighborhood.

Offline Cat Daddy

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3571 on: August 24, 2012, 02:42:32 AM »
Why are you here? Not everyone has money to move to a good neighborhood. 'Good neighborhoods' have crime too.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3572 on: August 24, 2012, 03:51:00 AM »
Yeah that^ robbery or intrusion is just as, if not more likely to happen if you are in a nicer neighborhood since you most likely have nicer belongings. Shit can happen anywhere.

Offline pegs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3573 on: August 24, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »
Hardly makes sense to keep it where you can't reach it if something bad happens (serious enough to shoot them/shoot back).... I've become pretty indifferent about the whole american/gun thing, wanna shoot one badly! glad they're not so available here still though.

Offline dellian

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3574 on: August 24, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »
too true! i'd love to be able to casually squeeze off a few rounds now and again for a laugh, but fuck potentially allowing some trigger happy, paranoid moron to actually own one.

Offline pegs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3575 on: August 24, 2012, 01:08:13 PM »
exactly, I'd love to fire a proper tommy gun or an ak or something. could probably get hold of a shotty round by mine to be fair haha

Offline Garrett.

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3576 on: August 26, 2012, 09:14:20 AM »
Been looking for a nice LeD tac light for my mossberg 590 tactical, suggestions?
It\'s called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.
-GC

Offline Cat Daddy

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3577 on: August 26, 2012, 04:44:34 PM »
Surefire forend?

Offline Garrett.

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3578 on: August 26, 2012, 05:33:44 PM »
Anyone have a walther pps 9 theyre looking to get rid of?
It\'s called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.
-GC

DBZ138

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3579 on: August 28, 2012, 01:39:04 PM »
8===3
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:51:26 PM by DBZ138 »

Offline beerzerker

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3580 on: August 28, 2012, 03:45:11 PM »
That picture is fucking awesome.

Offline William

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3581 on: August 28, 2012, 11:34:05 PM »
My Mosin-Nagant is acting up. :( I am really good about cleaning it every time I shoot, but today I only put two rounds through it and the bolt became completely stuck. When empty, the bolt seems to move smoothly, but when I want to eject the round I end up breaking every bone in my hand trying to open the damned thing. The casings are all cracked and split when ejected as well, is that the ammunition I'm using or is that my gun's fault?

Any tips on how I can make this smoother? I know that Mosins tend to get gummed up with all that corrosive primer, but I thought that regular cleaning would solve the problem.

▲▲ amidoinitrite?

Offline el ocho

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3582 on: August 28, 2012, 11:38:38 PM »
Quote from: William;3584951
My Mosin-Nagant is acting up. :( I am really good about cleaning it every time I shoot, but today I only put two rounds through it and the bolt became completely stuck. When empty, the bolt seems to move smoothly, but when I want to eject the round I end up breaking every bone in my hand trying to open the damned thing. The casings are all cracked and split when ejected as well, is that the ammunition I'm using or is that my gun's fault?

Any tips on how I can make this smoother? I know that Mosins tend to get gummed up with all that corrosive primer, but I thought that regular cleaning would solve the problem.

That sounds a bit like you got some over pressured rounds. That can cause the brass to crack and lead to bolt getting stuck. Usually the primer will back out of the pocket when they get too hot. Are they military surplus or handloads? Either that or it was a x51 instead of x54, which would cause nasty overpressure too.

Offline William

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3583 on: August 28, 2012, 11:55:51 PM »
Quote from: el ocho;3584953
That sounds a bit like you got some over pressured rounds. That can cause the brass to crack and lead to bolt getting stuck. Usually the primer will back out of the pocket when they get too hot. Are they military surplus or handloads? Either that or it was a x51 instead of x54, which would cause nasty overpressure too.

They were labeled as 7.62x54r and they seem to be the same size, but they did look a little different than my normal rounds. I usually use rounds from my spam can of 440 rounds. This time I used a new pack of 20 "Russian Surplus" that I bought from a gun shop in Utah when I went to visit my brother last weekend.

The round on the left is the one I normally shoot. The one on the right is what I shot today when the bolt got stuck:
EDIT:

Changed the image to make it clearer

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:16:37 AM by William »

▲▲ amidoinitrite?

Offline el ocho

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3584 on: August 29, 2012, 12:03:22 AM »
Does is seem like the newer round is longer? From your picture it almost looks like the shoulder lengths are different, which would cause the round to seat differently in the chamber. That can cause the overpressure problems since the bullet would be seating further back in the chamber from the way that shoulder looks to my internet micrometer eye.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3584 on: August 29, 2012, 12:03:22 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello