Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1745273 times)

Offline Cat Daddy

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3180 on: March 04, 2012, 02:08:57 AM »
Yep thats the deal with the range here...the problem is I am in Hawaii right now so there is not much space to be shooting... There is also only one public range here (outdoor range) and clays are only open on the weekend when everyone and there mom is out shooting. I plan to mostly go on week days because there were only like 5 people there the other day I went so I bet I could have gotten away with bird or buck. One of the range officals said some people shoot bird shot into the back drop/hill but meh..I will be pick some bird up though chances are. What has the smallest spread pattern? Or are they all the same? See I can pick up 250rds on the hydra-shok for $175 with free shipping. But I can pick up 175 rds of 00 buck for $110 with free shipping. Another problem with the weekday is that the closest target frame is 50yds away!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:11:13 AM by Cat Daddy »

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3181 on: March 04, 2012, 03:17:29 AM »
Its the  opposite here most ranges dont allow slugs.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3182 on: March 04, 2012, 01:08:39 PM »
Quote from: Cobra_Commander;3535243
Yep thats the deal with the range here...the problem is I am in Hawaii right now so there is not much space to be shooting... There is also only one public range here (outdoor range) and clays are only open on the weekend when everyone and there mom is out shooting. I plan to mostly go on week days because there were only like 5 people there the other day I went so I bet I could have gotten away with bird or buck. One of the range officals said some people shoot bird shot into the back drop/hill but meh..I will be pick some bird up though chances are. What has the smallest spread pattern? Or are they all the same? See I can pick up 250rds on the hydra-shok for $175 with free shipping. But I can pick up 175 rds of 00 buck for $110 with free shipping. Another problem with the weekday is that the closest target frame is 50yds away!

That range sounds stupid. Do you know anyone with property?

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3183 on: March 04, 2012, 01:25:35 PM »
Spread depends on your choke.  Get an extra full turkey choke and shoot bird shot thru it.
L0F

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3184 on: March 04, 2012, 02:37:59 PM »
Quote from: Birdmane;3535375
Spread depends on your choke.  Get an extra full turkey choke and shoot bird shot thru it.

It's a 590a1, there is no way to install a choke on the stock barrel IIRC.

Offline Cat Daddy

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3185 on: March 04, 2012, 09:31:49 PM »
Yep choke is no go, dad has a few old hunting sg with like 24-28" barrels...(have not seen them in like 8yrs so I might just be making that up).. Yeah this is actully the only public and the only outdoor range in Hawaii (at least on the island I am on). So really slugs are my only option. As far a property goes, there is a big field across from me but crazy drug people live there and someone once killed my dog in there..I dont want to go in there really, plus they are building houses now...There might be a few other places but it means walking through a residential area with a gun which might a be a no no.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3186 on: March 04, 2012, 09:50:42 PM »
Quote from: Cobra_Commander;3535464
Yep choke is no go, dad has a few old hunting sg with like 24-28" barrels...(have not seen them in like 8yrs so I might just be making that up).. Yeah this is actully the only public and the only outdoor range in Hawaii (at least on the island I am on). So really slugs are my only option. As far a property goes, there is a big field across from me but crazy drug people live there and someone once killed my dog in there..I dont want to go in there really, plus they are building houses now...There might be a few other places but it means walking through a residential area with a gun which might a be a no no.

Residential = no go.

What island are you on?

Offline nitromors

• Cucking Funt
  • Winner of the Barcode Buildoff
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3187 on: March 04, 2012, 10:21:33 PM »
Quote from: prpl ppl eater;3531290

also has any one read this?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2011/06/07/u-n-agreement-should-have-all-gun-owners-up-in-arms/

only surprised this didn't happen years ago tbh....

they know the american people like their right to bear arms, so they're attacking quietly....

Offline Cat Daddy

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3188 on: March 04, 2012, 11:03:04 PM »
Quote from: zane;3535472
Residential = no go.

What island are you on?

lol yeah I know that much.

Over on Oahu, =most populated! There are a few indoor ranges but from what I hear they are sub-par and mostly places for japanese tourrist to come and shoot...ie the prices are through the roof.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3189 on: March 04, 2012, 11:15:35 PM »
Quote from: Cobra_Commander;3535502
lol yeah I know that much.

Over on Oahu, =most populated! There are a few indoor ranges but from what I hear they are sub-par and mostly places for japanese tourrist to come and shoot...ie the prices are through the roof.

Fuhhh, yeah that's going to be kind of hard to find a good place.

Have you spent any time on the north side of the island? Like 5 miles due east of Haleiwa (looking at Google Maps). It looks pretty open... I'd consider driving up there and as far away from people as possible. You can probably shoot through a box or 2 of birdshot, PICK UP YOUR GARBAGE (big thing here), leave within an hour, and most likely nobody will care.

Offline Cat Daddy

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3190 on: March 04, 2012, 11:27:07 PM »
Yep
I am actully on the North shore, I mean there are a few places it's just super sketch and if I get caught then thats kinda the end of that...were such a liberal state. I know my freinds freind shoots up in the hills about two miles from here and the Marines train on the other side of me at a big dirt bike park (100+ acres). I know of a few places I could go but it would mean I need to break the gun down to fit in a back pack..stock, reciver and barrel and if someone calls the police and I am making my way down the one and only way to get in that might not be the best..Although I do believe I have seen a few spent shells laying around.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:28:48 PM by Cat Daddy »

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3191 on: March 05, 2012, 12:22:56 AM »
Quote from: Cobra_Commander;3535510
Yep
I am actully on the North shore, I mean there are a few places it's just super sketch and if I get caught then thats kinda the end of that...were such a liberal state. I know my freinds freind shoots up in the hills about two miles from here and the Marines train on the other side of me at a big dirt bike park (100+ acres). I know of a few places I could go but it would mean I need to break the gun down to fit in a back pack..stock, reciver and barrel and if someone calls the police and I am making my way down the one and only way to get in that might not be the best..Although I do believe I have seen a few spent shells laying around.

I take it you don't have a car? Find a friend with a car.

Offline Cat Daddy

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3192 on: March 05, 2012, 12:28:28 AM »
I dont own a car. though I have a car I can use. The problem is I cant actully drive into the area..I need to park and walk from a point.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3193 on: March 05, 2012, 03:19:36 PM »

Offline super_chief

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3194 on: March 05, 2012, 04:22:42 PM »