Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1771938 times)

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3135 on: February 09, 2012, 11:49:46 AM »
Quote from: wheelr;3527029
Some want to ban private sales and they use over the top rhetoric to try and convince others to push for the same.

yeah i get that we have to do private party transfers here through an ffl. hopefully your state has more sense than ours. i can still buy any gun i want on the street laws dont matter. but it is after all "for the children"

ps i want to see some non "dangerous" guns. also what makes pistols "police grade".

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3136 on: February 09, 2012, 02:44:41 PM »
Most companies make "police grade/for LEO only" models just so distros and retailers can order them at lower prices, and then pass on the savings to the officers.  If thats what you are referring to.

Rockj river makes "Leo only" rifles that we sell, they are the same as the operators, just with a different roll print on the mag well that says "LEO Only."  These are Semi Auto rifles as we are not a class III dealer, but still LEO only sales.  Same with the Glock LEO packages, they come with one extra magazine and with factory Tritiums, which Glock doesn't offer on civilian models any more.  

Also during the AWB (assault weapons ban) they had LEO only marked magazines, these had more than 10 rounds.  If a mag was made before 1994 when the ban was instated, it was grandfathered in and called "pre-ban" normally stamped on the mag or receiver.  THose were worth a premium because they were grandfathered in and legal in most* places.  Now pre ban mags and firearms don't command any premium other than Pre ban Colt AR15s as collectors.
L0F

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3137 on: February 09, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
Basically the news calling pistols "police grade" just makes it sound scary to the uninformed.

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3138 on: February 09, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »
Quote from: Birdmane;3527100
Most companies make "police grade/for LEO only" models just so distros and retailers can order them at lower prices, and then pass on the savings to the officers.  If thats what you are referring to.

Rockj river makes "Leo only" rifles that we sell, they are the same as the operators, just with a different roll print on the mag well that says "LEO Only."  These are Semi Auto rifles as we are not a class III dealer, but still LEO only sales.  Same with the Glock LEO packages, they come with one extra magazine and with factory Tritiums, which Glock doesn't offer on civilian models any more.  

Also during the AWB (assault weapons ban) they had LEO only marked magazines, these had more than 10 rounds.  If a mag was made before 1994 when the ban was instated, it was grandfathered in and called "pre-ban" normally stamped on the mag or receiver.  THose were worth a premium because they were grandfathered in and legal in most* places.  Now pre ban mags and firearms don't command any premium other than Pre ban Colt AR15s as collectors.

I was refering to the lame ass article. I'm pretty sure theres no difference between most leo firearms and civilian firearms. I bet my AR is of higher quality than the ones in the city cops cruisers here. I dont even think they're select fire. I bet I could even do a mag change faster with my bullet button installed.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3139 on: February 09, 2012, 04:26:40 PM »
Quote from: BOUNCEHOUSE420;3527133
I bet I could even do a mag change faster with my bullet button installed.

I would be curious to see this. I've never had to use one of those dumbass California compliance parts so I don't know how smooth it can be...

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3140 on: February 09, 2012, 05:57:24 PM »
Quote from: zane;3527139
I would be curious to see this. I've never had to use one of those dumbass California compliance parts so I don't know how smooth it can be...

my mags have a nub on them thats the "tool" to drop the mag. im not saying its super fast or anything but i feel ive gotten pretty quick at it practicing. i had it set up with a standard mag release in AZ and i felt i was slower that way. i probably shoot more often than most of the regular cops here and probably have more practice with it too.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3141 on: February 09, 2012, 06:15:16 PM »
Quote from: BOUNCEHOUSE420;3527175
my mags have a nub on them thats the "tool" to drop the mag. im not saying its super fast or anything but i feel ive gotten pretty quick at it practicing. i had it set up with a standard mag release in AZ and i felt i was slower that way. i probably shoot more often than most of the regular cops here and probably have more practice with it too.

That's cool. Nice little way to give CA gun laws the middle finger. :D

Offline midwestmax

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3142 on: February 09, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »

Offline nitromors

• Cucking Funt
  • Winner of the Barcode Buildoff
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3143 on: February 10, 2012, 09:02:02 AM »
accuracy international?

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3144 on: February 10, 2012, 11:25:43 AM »
Its a Remington MSR.
L0F

Offline nitromors

• Cucking Funt
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3145 on: February 10, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »
i want it badly.....

charles whitman everyday...

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3146 on: February 10, 2012, 03:26:54 PM »
Its a jacked up Rem700 action with a rail system and adjustable stock...Its military/police only for now, it will be available to civilians in 1-2 years.  

You would be better off with a Savage with accu-trigger and bedded macmillian stock.

Then put the rest of the money you would save into +$2k glass setup.
L0F

Offline nitromors

• Cucking Funt
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3147 on: February 10, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »
schmidt and bender?

Offline Cat Daddy

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3148 on: February 10, 2012, 11:23:41 PM »
Yeahh...the MSR is nice. But for an indoor event like that this McMillan would be nice...
http://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifles-tactical-cs5.php

However it looks like McMillan is not doing there m1a's any moar which is junk.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3149 on: February 11, 2012, 11:27:01 AM »
I'm flying to LA to take a test for the LA County sheriffs department. I won't be bringing any guns as it will be a hassle. But if I can I'd like to meet up and hang out/talk guns/shoot if possible. I'll have details in stone over the next month. But I'm turning it into a week vacation.

If I move there can I bring my AR and 1911, how about glock with 33 rd mags and kel tec folding sub 2k? Idk if it would still apply to LEO, but them not being duty guns I can't see how they would be legal.
L0F

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3149 on: February 11, 2012, 11:27:01 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello