Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 452951 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline farva

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3050
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flatestatebmx.4t.com
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2895 on: December 01, 2011, 12:02:14 PM »
Quote from: Birdmane;3502666
Steal of a lifetime: I got to work today and they bought a new used gun...Ruger Security 6 .357 magnum, 4 inch barrel.  

The price tag said $179.99

I thought it was wrong and asked my manager if I could buy it.

He said "yes the price is wrong, but we paid less than that for it and you can have it for that if you pay in cash."



that is such a steal! Fuck, that is awesome.

Offline Rick James

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2845
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2896 on: December 01, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
You can't even hesitate with a price like that!  


Just got a nice little package from UPS:

Offline couch

  • ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 7655
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2897 on: December 01, 2011, 06:27:35 PM »

Offline Rick James

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2845
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2898 on: December 01, 2011, 06:55:04 PM »

Offline super_chief

  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 17047
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2899 on: December 01, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »
oh my gooooooood

Offline Ben Dover

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4758
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2900 on: December 04, 2011, 02:03:42 PM »


Magpul PDR. Not in production yet. It's classed as a PDW (the same as a FN P90). They use 5.56x45mm rounds and takes NATO standard USGI magazines. It can take M16 and AR-15 magazines as well.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:08:02 PM by Ben Dover »
Quote from: G;3571894
You would do yourself less harm drinking an asbestos and dog shit smoothie

Offline Birdmane

  • nekbeerd
  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 9034
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2901 on: December 04, 2011, 08:23:26 PM »
Bull pups are dumb. Pdw should be in low recoil calibers like 5.7x28
L0F

Offline master

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4198
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2902 on: December 04, 2011, 08:46:55 PM »
Quote from: Birdmane;3503995
Bull pups are dumb. Pdw should be in low recoil calibers like 5.7x28


You ever try bailing out of a vehicle with a full length carbine and engage targets quickly?  Bullpups work well for what they are intended for. :cheers:

Offline Rick James

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2845
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2903 on: December 04, 2011, 08:49:21 PM »
It's too bad Magpul doesn't have the capability to manufacture their own weapons.  They'll end up licensing the design the same way they did with the Masada which turned into the shitty ACR.

Offline Birdmane

  • nekbeerd
  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 9034
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2904 on: December 05, 2011, 12:32:48 AM »
Quote from: zane;3504007
You ever try bailing out of a vehicle with a full length carbine and engage targets quickly?  Bullpups work well for what they are intended for. :cheers:


The only advantage that bullpups have is a full size barrel in a compact rifle, compared to same overall sized rifles.

If they are intended for bailing out of a car and engaging targets, then they will be used in short ranges, hence no need for the long barrel.

So the only advantage is a moot point.

There is absolutely no way to have a nice trigger on one, the linkages just suck and the pulls are always long and horrible.

An SBR, to me (where legal), is always a better option, you can have a nice trigger, all the same manual of arms as the full size carbine/rifle you would/should be trained on, in a shorter package and more concealable.  

DISCLAIMER: I had a PS90 and I loved it.  The trigger was horrendous and it felt like a two-by-four, but it was fun.  I've had way too many stupid guns to be talking about practicality, but I just don't see how a bullpup would be considered over an SBR.
L0F

Offline master

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4198
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2905 on: December 05, 2011, 12:51:19 AM »
Quote from: Birdmane;3504082
The only advantage that bullpups have is a full size barrel in a compact rifle, compared to same overall sized rifles.

If they are intended for bailing out of a car and engaging targets, then they will be used in short ranges, hence no need for the long barrel.

So the only advantage is a moot point.

There is absolutely no way to have a nice trigger on one, the linkages just suck and the pulls are always long and horrible.

An SBR, to me (where legal), is always a better option, you can have a nice trigger, all the same manual of arms as the full size carbine/rifle you would/should be trained on, in a shorter package and more concealable.  

DISCLAIMER: I had a PS90 and I loved it.  The trigger was horrendous and it felt like a two-by-four, but it was fun.  I've had way too many stupid guns to be talking about practicality, but I just don't see how a bullpup would be considered over an SBR.


Yeah, I do agree with the SBR/bullpup debate for close range work... my main point earlier was that bullpups do have a purpose when compared to a carbine.

Now for a strict PDW... http://www.hk-usa.com/military_products/mp7a1_general.asp :drool:

I also have to say, Kel Tec has been able to produce some NICE bullpup triggers.  Now they just need to produce more than 1 RFB per month and actually make some production KSGs.

Offline Ben Dover

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4758
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2906 on: December 05, 2011, 05:46:09 AM »
Quote from: Birdmane;3503995
Bull pups are dumb. Pdw should be in low recoil calibers like 5.7x28


The criticism FN P90's had was that they didn't use standard ammo so they were more expensive to use.

The PDR has a longer effective range than the P90. 274m compared to 200m for the PDR.

To me it looks really cool. If I lived in America I wouldn't hesitate about getting one. It's not it'd be used in real combat situations anyway.

Birdmane, what's your opinion on the FN Five-Seven's?
Quote from: G;3571894
You would do yourself less harm drinking an asbestos and dog shit smoothie

Offline Birdmane

  • nekbeerd
  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 9034
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2907 on: December 05, 2011, 10:57:40 AM »
Quote from: Andras;3504155
The criticism FN P90's had was that they didn't use standard ammo so they were more expensive to use.



Birdmane, what's your opinion on the FN Five-Seven's?


I think that they are very fun to shoot but have very small practical applications.  Its a niche gun.
L0F

Offline Birdmane

  • nekbeerd
  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 9034
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2908 on: December 05, 2011, 01:45:08 PM »
New toy!



Some new collector ammo...normally I don't fall for marketing shit like this but I paid cost for it so no biggie.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:52:06 PM by Birdmane »
L0F

Offline deathrow

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2520
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2909 on: December 05, 2011, 05:13:12 PM »
that stuff is funny. id like to get some.
"Psst, I\'m going to engage now. You ready?" - Couch

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #2909 on: December 05, 2011, 05:13:12 PM »

 

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello