Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1743518 times)

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2610 on: July 18, 2011, 10:17:28 PM »
.22 tumbling targets arrived today. Picked up two of them to race at the range.

Offline yacqueli

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2611 on: July 18, 2011, 10:17:30 PM »
Quote from: couch;3455212
Waiting for this guys price to drop a bit more...

what exactly are you gonna do with a SBR upper in CA?  or are you making a ar pistol? in that config you will need a form 4 for that forward grip on a pistol.. wait a extra four months and a extra 200 bucks and its worth it.
G-TROOP
PURE EVIL!

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile
    • http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2612 on: July 18, 2011, 10:26:05 PM »
That AK isn't mine. It belongs to a private contractor who took it of a guy in Iraq who emptied two magazines at him and didn't live to talk about it.

Offline deathrow

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2613 on: July 18, 2011, 10:52:14 PM »
hoestly, i'm not going to shoot it enough to worry about replacing the occasional part. whats wrong with del-ton stuff?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:00:06 PM by deathrow »
"Psst, I\'m going to engage now. You ready?" - Couch

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2614 on: July 18, 2011, 11:09:56 PM »
Quote from: yacqueli;3455215
what exactly are you gonna do with a SBR upper in CA?  or are you making a ar pistol? in that config you will need a form 4 for that forward grip on a pistol.. wait a extra four months and a extra 200 bucks and its worth it.

Its not a VFG. AFG's are good to go on pistol builds. I'd only need to fill out the NFA Form 4 if I was building an SBR or putting on a Vertical Forward Grip.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:13:43 PM by couch »

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2615 on: July 18, 2011, 11:57:04 PM »
Quote from: couch;3455228
Its not a VFG. AFG's are good to go on pistol builds. I'd only need to fill out the NFA Form 4 if I was building an SBR or putting on a Vertical Forward Grip.

Be careful with that.
L0F

Offline d shout

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2616 on: July 19, 2011, 12:09:40 AM »
gunz
t(\'-\'t)

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2617 on: July 19, 2011, 12:23:28 AM »
Quote from: deathrow;3455199
took a look at daniels defense and those are awesome. out of my price range though. i'm looking for something in the neighborhood of $700 or so. I can get bushmasters and a few others here for that price. i do know i want a carbine though.

Bushmasters are fine rifles, the ones I've had were good to me.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2618 on: July 19, 2011, 12:26:47 AM »
Quote from: couch;3455228

Quote from: Birdmane;3455237
Be careful with that.

There's an ATF letter somewhere that states that AFG's are good to go on a pistol.

And Ken: that'd be a perfect suppressor upper if you were up here in a free state.

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #2619 on: July 19, 2011, 01:19:35 AM »
Quote from: yacqueli;3455213
just know a carbine is going to need little things replaced sooner than later. Because the DI stroke of a carbine makes it wear faster. ( shorter stroke of the bolt. ) also remember you get what you pay for when it comes to guns. if you can save a little more then do so and get a DD.. Bushy stuff isnt bad but its none stock run of the mill stuff. also I would if i were you try to avoid delton stuff. Im kinda a snob when it comes to AR stuff but  you gotta pay to play..
check my sig for my ar..

seriously.... stay away from cheap stuff. when it comes to ARs you get what you pay for. i had a couple buddies buy no name uppers at the gun show and they turned out to be out of spec Chinese garbage. one of them didnt learn their lesson and bought a pistol upper there too. same deal! doesn't cycle and has to use the forward assist to get it into battery every shot. im sure its more of a hit or miss thing and it all can be "fixed" but why bother when youre not really saving much. whats another hundred bucks when youre already dropping over a grand. whenever i go shoot with them im glad i went bcm over 1500 rounds through it without a single issue.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2620 on: July 19, 2011, 02:57:18 AM »
Quote from: zane;3455243
There's an ATF letter somewhere that states that AFG's are good to go on a pistol.

And Ken: that'd be a perfect suppressor upper if you were up here in a free state.

Exactly. Its not so much about what they say you can do, its about what they specifically say you can't do. This is clearly not a vertical foregrip. You can't even get your thumb around it. Its no different than putting a rail cover on the bottom rail.

The letter is around on nearly every gun forum. Google AR pistol Magpul AFG and you'll find it. It clearly states that AFG's are good to go.

The form 4 makes it very clear that vertical foregrips are no go.

Anyways, the guys price is dropping almost by the day. He's willing to part it out, which is good because I don't want the micro dot, mounts or any of the Magpul goodies in that color anyways.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2621 on: July 19, 2011, 06:45:36 AM »
I was not unaware of the letter, I just wouldn't want any reason to be audited or looked into, if you went up against the ATF, regardless of letters, you can't win.  It will be bad ass build though.
L0F

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2622 on: July 19, 2011, 11:51:21 AM »
Thanks Birdmane. I appreciate the concern. I'm really not worried about it though.

Quote from: zane;3455243
that'd be a perfect suppressor upper if you were up here in a free state.

You're allowed to have one up there, just not use it, right?

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2623 on: July 19, 2011, 03:20:18 PM »
Quote from: couch;3455360
Thanks Birdmane. I appreciate the concern. I'm really not worried about it though.

You're allowed to have one up there, just not use it, right?

Not anymore! State Congress and Senate actually did something for once, and re-wrote the law. Unrestricted suppressor use is now legal in WA.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2624 on: July 19, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »
I'll see you soon then. :thup:

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #2624 on: July 19, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special