Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1744741 times)

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1740 on: June 29, 2010, 12:25:55 PM »
Unless things have changed, the last time I checked AR15 pistols aren't allowed here in CA.

Offline Macaroni Sandwich

• lonely fruit
  • Veteran
  • Ramblin' Man
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1741 on: June 29, 2010, 12:51:13 PM »

Anyone here own an Mosin Nagant (7.62x54mmR)?

You can buy them pretty dirt cheap, $100 or so. Looks like it would be fun to pick off targets from a good distance away.

ALSO: Looking for a decent carry weapon on a budget. I'm not sure what the general though on Cobra is when it comes to manufacturing, but i'm kind of interested in this:

Not the prettiest thing in the world to look at, but at $226 it'd keep me safe when walking those dark rail road tracks and alley ways.

Still got the Ruger pistol. Too big and not powerful enough to carry. Had a bit of a problem with it recently. Took it to the range where it began jamming pretty bad, so I quit shooting for the day and took her home to clean. I popped out the spring assembly in the back of the grip and was supposed to be able to pull down on that, removing the (not sure if its the right name) 'slide pin' or something, which would of allowed me to remove the slide. No go, simply stuck. So I put the spring assmebly back into the grip and was unable to pull the slide back more than a few CM.

Took it to a buddies, and we were able to get the slide to work again properly, and get the gun clean. However we still were not able to remove that pin no matter how fucking hard we tried. Just acquired a 550rd box of ammo so I got the itch to go plink around and shoot cans and stuff.

Offline (jeff)

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1742 on: June 29, 2010, 02:32:37 PM »
Quote from: Macaroni Sandwich;3304555

You can buy them pretty dirt cheap, $100 or so. Looks like it would be fun to pick off targets from a good distance away.

ALSO: Looking for a decent carry weapon on a budget. I'm not sure what the general though on Cobra is when it comes to manufacturing, but i'm kind of interested in this:

Not the prettiest thing in the world to look at, but at $226 it'd keep me safe when walking those dark rail road tracks and alley ways.

Still got the Ruger pistol. Too big and not powerful enough to carry. Had a bit of a problem with it recently. Took it to the range where it began jamming pretty bad, so I quit shooting for the day and took her home to clean. I popped out the spring assembly in the back of the grip and was supposed to be able to pull down on that, removing the (not sure if its the right name) 'slide pin' or something, which would of allowed me to remove the slide. No go, simply stuck. So I put the spring assmebly back into the grip and was unable to pull the slide back more than a few CM.

Took it to a buddies, and we were able to get the slide to work again properly, and get the gun clean. However we still were not able to remove that pin no matter how fucking hard we tried. Just acquired a 550rd box of ammo so I got the itch to go plink around and shoot cans and stuff.

For an inexpensive carry gun, I'd take a serious look at the Ruger LCP. I've read reports that the first 2-300 round break in period is cruial, and it can be picky with ammo. I'm still considering one.

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #1743 on: June 29, 2010, 03:15:55 PM »
Quote from: couch;3304540
Unless things have changed, the last time I checked AR15 pistols aren't allowed here in CA.

theres ways around it. im gonna start with an 80% lower and buy the jig to finish it.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1744 on: June 29, 2010, 03:29:20 PM »
The Second Amendment of our glorious Constitution was incorporated yesterday.  Now the right to bear arms cannot be infringed by local, state and federal entities.

EDIT:

First off, mosins are amazing.  The 7.62x54R cartridge is the oldest cartridge that is still used in militaries, and was used in more wars and conflicts than any onther cartridge in the world, thanks mainly to Russia/USSR and the Mosin Nagant.

My experience is with a 1943 Tula made M44.

The ammo is cheap, you can get a crate of 410 rounds for $90 (MILSURP), but it is DIRTY.  You need to clean the gun with WATER, windex works best and is easy to contain, to get the unburnt powder out of the bore and surrounding metal.  The milsurp ammo will chew up the gun in a matter of hours if not cleaned correctly.  You can buy clean factory ammo, but it lacks the punch of the milsurp ammo and is a lot more expensive.

These guns are shooters, and can kill any animal in North America easily, but its not a benchrest target gun.  When you take it to the range you shoot it less than 20 times because its loud as shit, and it hurts significantly more than any gun I have fired.

It also doubles as a flame thrower, and a big ass knife.  This is by far the greatest gun ever created.  Buy one now.

If you decide to get one, check the bore and make sure its smooth and clean.  Also make sure you get the M44 Carbine.  It is much more fun and not as long/heavy as the other one.  It also shoots more fire, is louder and kicks more.  You can light paper on fire with the unburnt powder that these bitches shoot.

Here is my friend shooting mine.

Carry gun:  When you buy a carry gun you are buying a lifesaver.  You want to go with something proven and trusted.  I would say an LCP/LCR or a subcompact glock.  The glock will eat anything for break in and then you would want to practice with HP/protection ammo to make sure it feeds correctly.

The LCP will be very picky and be more expensive to feed, but once broken in I have heard it is completely reliable.

Now the LCR is a BAD ASS .38 special revolver.  Just a little less bang then a .357 and in a kick ass small package.  Revolvers are the most reliable of handguns, and dont have problems jamming/feeding.  Whatever you choose just make sure to shoot one before you buy it and to get a good holster.  Also have your carry permits legit and know where you cannot go; ie. school zones and restaurants/places that don't allow CC.  Laws very from state to state and sometimes city to city.

Hopefully this helps.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 03:50:23 PM by Birdmane »
L0F

Offline PabstBlueRibbon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1745 on: June 29, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »

Curtis, I own one and its a monster of a gun. Has an ass ton of kick, But the ammo is cheap as fuck. Will have to go shooting some day.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1746 on: June 29, 2010, 05:52:42 PM »
Quote from: slothtard™;3304661
theres ways around it. im gonna start with an 80% lower and buy the jig to finish it.

AR pistols aren't legal in CA though. Therefore you can't even finish your own. Same reason I can't make my own supressor or full auto, even though I can. unless you find a lower that came off a factory AR pistol, you can't legally convert it. 80% as far as I know are the same way, although considered not a firearm by the ATF.

If what you are saying is true, and legal I may pick up a Yellow Logic 80% and one of Justin's Jigs and build myself one.

Which 80% and jig are you going with?

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #1747 on: June 29, 2010, 06:21:28 PM »
theres a lot of info on the subject on calguns.net.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/search.php?searchid=8894857

i was looking at theses two companies but its still a while off because i have an unbuilt rifle lower thats waiting for funds to be built.

http://www.cncguns.com/tooling.html
http://www.tacticalmachining.com/80-lower-receiver/

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1748 on: June 29, 2010, 06:55:38 PM »
I'm on cncguns and have seen a lot of the tactical machining lowers. Pretty nice stuff from both. I'm still contemplating an AR10 from Justin. There are a few 80% guys that offer group buys... I'm down to go in on one if anyone else is.

Calguns is a great forum, on there too. Garagegunsmithing.com may have some information as well. There are some great projects on there.

I haven't looked too much into the AR pistols as I still think they are illegal here in CA. If there is a loop hole though, I may look into it. CA doesn't allow magazines outside of the grip on pistols though. I wonder if the BB is the way around this...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 07:04:22 PM by couch »

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1749 on: June 29, 2010, 07:00:11 PM »
I'm on cncguns and have seen a lot of the tactical machining lowers. Pretty nice stuff from both. I'm still contemplating an AR10 from Justin.

Calguns is a great forum, on there too. I haven't looked too much into the AR pistols though. I might have to get on that though as I think they are pretty cool.

Garagegunsmithing.com may have some information too. There are some great projects on there.

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #1750 on: June 29, 2010, 09:21:07 PM »
Quote from: couch;3304826
I'm on cncguns and have seen a lot of the tactical machining lowers. Pretty nice stuff from both. I'm still contemplating an AR10 from Justin. There are a few 80% guys that offer group buys... I'm down to go in on one if anyone else is.

Calguns is a great forum, on there too. Garagegunsmithing.com may have some information as well. There are some great projects on there.

I haven't looked too much into the AR pistols as I still think they are illegal here in CA. If there is a loop hole though, I may look into it. CA doesn't allow magazines outside of the grip on pistols though. I wonder if the BB is the way around this...

bb is the solution or fixed mag topload. pistols arent illegal to own theres just hoops to jump through to get them. you can buy a complete pistol that has been "converted" to single shot which makes it roster exempt. then after dros "convert" it back by replacing the single shot sled with a 10 round fixed mag. you an ppt a pistol lower from a leo or other exempt person. or you can mill out an 80% and mark it as a pistol lower.

they discuss it all in the pic thread and they have a bunch of other links in there with more info.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1751 on: June 29, 2010, 10:20:31 PM »
Quote from: slothtard™;3304929
bb is the solution or fixed mag topload. pistols arent illegal to own theres just hoops to jump through to get them. you can buy a complete pistol that has been "converted" to single shot which makes it roster exempt. then after dros "convert" it back by replacing the single shot sled with a 10 round fixed mag. you an ppt a pistol lower from a leo or other exempt person. or you can mill out an 80% and mark it as a pistol lower.

they discuss it all in the pic thread and they have a bunch of other links in there with more info.

Fuck, I wish you didn't tell me any of that. I'm ordering an 80% and upper from Yellow Logic now. :mad2:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 10:38:02 PM by couch »

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1752 on: June 29, 2010, 11:05:24 PM »
Stop overcrowding the gun thread with awesome abilities to make your own firearms, assholes!
:dunno::dunno:
L0F

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #1753 on: June 29, 2010, 11:11:07 PM »
Quote from: couch;3304958
Fuck, I wish you didn't tell me any of that. I'm ordering an 80% and upper from Yellow Logic now. :mad2:

sexy! im not planning on anything that nice just olympic arms 22lr upper and a cheapy 80%

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #1754 on: June 29, 2010, 11:12:39 PM »
Quote from: Birdmane;3304989
Stop overcrowding the gun thread with awesome abilities to make your own firearms, assholes!
:dunno::dunno:

its not that hard you just gotta buy the jig and have a drill press. trust me i dont have shit on couch's skills

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #1754 on: June 29, 2010, 11:12:39 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello