Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1778750 times)

Offline (jeff)

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #690 on: August 10, 2009, 04:48:19 AM »
Quote from: couch;3058714
Corey just picked up a SIG P220, I'm paying for my Glock 27 on Friday and picking it up (hopefully everything goes thru without any problems) ten days later. That gives you plenty of time to get down here to play with us.

Is that 10 days the waiting period?

If so, that's crazy. I bought my pistol a month or so ago and the waiting period was about 10 minutes.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #691 on: August 10, 2009, 05:03:03 AM »
Yeah, its ridiculous here in CA. Heavy restrictions and an absurd amount of time to have to wait. If I really wanted to be violent I sure as hell wouldn't go buy a gun at a gun shop and have it registered in my name. We also have a 10 round max per magazine here which is another reason I'm going with the Glock 27 9+1

I understand why there's a cool off period and I back it. But 10 days? What a crock of shit. We also have to wait thirty days in between buying handguns. Why? No clue. I think the cool off period is fine for your first gun. Shoulsn't be the case for the 2nd or third and so on. Why go buy a gun to handle business when I already have one? Hello! The people who make these rules are retarded. Next election I'm voting for a technocrat.

Offline -MEAT-

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #692 on: August 10, 2009, 05:09:37 AM »
Arent they running background checks on you during those 10 days?
Quote from: Courtesy Flush;2749112
You insensitive prick.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #693 on: August 10, 2009, 05:24:15 AM »
They are, however I can't see it taking ten days when anyone can call any of the local agencies and say a name and find out if they owe money, have a warrant, commited a crime, etc etc etc. I called LBW and gave them my name and had them run it, I also gave them my social to double check. They didn't ask me who I am, didn't request any personal info, didn't question why I was asking, nothing. It must be even easier for the "professionals". Especially with computers. Other states run background checks but it only takes 2-3 days.

Offline (jeff)

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #694 on: August 10, 2009, 06:06:59 AM »
Quote from: couch;3058812
They are, however I can't see it taking ten days when anyone can call any of the local agencies and say a name and find out if they owe money, have a warrant, commited a crime, etc etc etc. I called LBW and gave them my name and had them run it, I also gave them my social to double check. They didn't ask me who I am, didn't request any personal info, didn't question why I was asking, nothing. It must be even easier for the "professionals". Especially with computers. Other states run background checks but it only takes 2-3 days.

My background check took 10 minutes here in Idaho at Cabela's. You fill out a single form, they call whoever the hell, and you're good to go.

I also don't believe your guns have to be registered.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #695 on: August 10, 2009, 06:40:32 AM »
California sucks. We don't even have all that great of weather anymore.

As for registering guns, if its a gun you already have that isn't registered or in your name I don't believe it is mandatory to register it. It only makes it "easier" to get back, so they say. Buying a new gun or any gun for that matter from a dealer requires DROS. Linking your name to the specific gun.

Offline Macaroni Sandwich

• lonely fruit
  • Veteran
  • Ramblin' Man
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #696 on: August 10, 2009, 09:47:55 AM »
So, has anyone here ordered a gun online?

Like from http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php or anything?

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #697 on: August 10, 2009, 10:09:49 AM »
Quote from: -MEAT-;3058811
Arent they running background checks on you during those 10 days?

Yes they are, but the checks take less than 30 minutes so the 10 days are unnecessary.

Quote from: (jeff);3058820
My background check took 10 minutes here in Idaho at Cabela's. You fill out a single form, they call whoever the hell, and you're good to go.

I also don't believe your guns have to be registered.

When you buy a gun the dealer fills out a 4473 which is an ATF gun sheet.  The ATF only gets the sheet if the dealer gets in trouble and gets audited, or if the dealer closes shop.  

Quote from: couch;3058836
 As for registering guns, if its a gun you already have that isn't registered or in your name I don't believe it is mandatory to register it. It only makes it "easier" to get back, so they say. Buying a new gun or any gun for that matter from a dealer requires DROS. Linking your name to the specific gun.

The DROS is a 4473 and links you to a gun but only if the ATF needs to check something out, but they pretty much do what they want when they want...so its tricky.

You don't have to register guns by law anywhere in the country (NJ/NY/Chicago don't count because the laws are unconstitutional and will change soon)
L0F

Offline Dead End

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #698 on: August 10, 2009, 10:57:30 AM »
The Sullivan law has been in effect in NYC since roughly the 1910s.  That's not going anywhere.
It is bullshit, but in NY/NJ especially downstate they are not very gun friendly.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:58:46 AM by Dead End »

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #699 on: August 10, 2009, 11:09:22 AM »
When the Second Amendment is incorporated these crazy laws will fade out/be taken to court.
L0F

Offline ilvmybicycle

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #700 on: August 10, 2009, 11:27:36 AM »
FUCK YEAH my 31 day ban is over!!!

its been a while boys.

in my time off from shit talking and raising hell in shitty threads on bg i got one of these!

SIG p220r .45
i sold my enfield and will be picking up a x400 this week.
that cash!!!
g-troop[/SIZE]

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #701 on: August 10, 2009, 11:41:14 AM »
Pumped that damn ban is over, you troll!

Offline U-238

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #702 on: August 10, 2009, 11:42:04 AM »
I really wish I could justify buying a handgun.  But I can't, because I would never have enough cash to buy ammo and go to the range.

Shooting should not be so expensive.
Moving N of the V

bike check

Offline ilvmybicycle

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #703 on: August 10, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »
Quote from: U-238;3058979
I.But I can't, because I would never have enough cash to buy ammo and go to the range.

Shooting should not be so expensive.

i feel you!.
i was going to buy a 9 mm because of the price of ammo and how much i like to shoot. well i found a gun that i liked for a good price ( i talked myself into it ) and now i cant afford to shoot 100 rounds of .45!!!!!

shit
g-troop[/SIZE]

Offline ilvmybicycle

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #704 on: August 10, 2009, 11:45:59 AM »
Quote from: couch;3058978
Pumped that damn ban is over, you troll!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 12:21:27 PM by ilvmybicycle »
g-troop[/SIZE]

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #704 on: August 10, 2009, 11:45:59 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special