Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1743181 times)

Offline wetheperson

• View Profile
    • http://
Post Your Guns
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2009, 01:55:49 AM »
Quote from: Small Member;2866415
I have a 30/30 for cougars in the pig pen and a .45 for grizzlies and brown bears when I'm out hiking.

i think it would be a little tough to take on a grizzly with a .45

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2009, 02:33:56 AM »
the only handgun i own is a glock g17c

besides that i have some hunting rifles
.300 mag
410 bird gun
and of course a .22

Offline ilvmybicycle

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2009, 03:14:05 AM »

just got it.
COUCH i need you to machine me a dialed ass shell holder for the barrel
g-troop[/SIZE]

Offline irish hoffman rider

• View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/sedbmx
Post Your Guns
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2009, 06:50:48 AM »
guns are the gayest motherfuckering things ever,
its cause your arming your selfs thiefs are arming them selves so when you get shot in the face i will piss on all your graves,
your 2nd amendment can eat shit,
i hope obama re writes the constitution,
its not fucking 1787 shit needs updating,
no man should have the right to own a gun,
no country either
ron jermey loves you

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2009, 07:15:39 AM »
How cute.

Offline BASHY

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2009, 09:24:32 AM »
Quote from: wheelr;2866779

Seems kind of fucked up to say they respect the rights of gun owners but want to pass something as ridiculous as the AWB.

i can understand why you would want rifles for hunting, and handguns for self defence, but i fail to see why ANYONE needs an assault rifle. they should definately be banned.

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2009, 09:31:27 AM »
Look up what items make up an "assault rifle" in that legislation.  It's simply another way to tighten down on all guns, not do what is really effective.

See how knowledgeable the people are who push this stuff?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo

Offline thirks

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2009, 09:35:29 AM »
Quote from: BASHY;2867056
i can understand why you would want rifles for hunting, and handguns for self defence, but i fail to see why ANYONE needs an assault rifle. they should definately be banned.

what if you wanna go on a killing spree?

guns are dumb.
Quote from: joe p.;2766473
I nail my girlfriend on her period regularly, she claims it\'s actually better. Just wear a condom so you don\'t get blood on your wang.

Offline A.Hol

• Big Money Bum
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2009, 09:50:06 AM »
Quote from: irish hoffman rider;2866934
guns are the gayest motherfuckering things ever,
its cause your arming your selfs thiefs are arming them selves so when you get shot in the face i will piss on all your graves,
your 2nd amendment can eat shit,
i hope obama re writes the constitution,
its not fucking 1787 shit needs updating,
no man should have the right to own a gun,
no country either

this totally just changed my view on guns.  ive come to realize that guns are, in fact, the gayest motherfucking things everrrrr.

Offline Dead End

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2009, 09:53:57 AM »
"assault rifle" is a made up term.  The definition of an Assault Rifle varies so much, not to mention it basically implies that its a military weapon, which are illegal if they are full auto (for 70 odd years).. unless of course you have the right FFL.

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2009, 10:05:51 AM »
My guns are going target shooting at the range this weekend.

I hope they invite me.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #161 on: February 11, 2009, 10:36:36 AM »
Recommended caliber...?

I'm not a big guy, but I want something somewhat powerful that is still fun to shoot and manageable. I highly doubt I will use it alllll the time but I do want to be comfortable with it and have it be almost second nature to load it, and use it as necessary if the time comes. It will be more of a hobby type deal rather than hunting all the time. So if it feels like I'm slamming my hand in a door every time I shoot it it isnt a huge deal. As of right now I'm looking at the Taurus Tracker .44 Mag and a Glock 26 (9mm)as a backup. I also dont want rounds that arte tooo expensive if there is something cheaper and more fun to shoot. So basically something for home defense that is reliable (Glock) and/or something that is just a mean looking fun gun to shoot every now and again (Taurus). Would these calibers be ideal? should I go smaller/bigger...? I won't be shooting buffalo but I also dont want to have buyers remorse and wish I got something larger.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2009, 10:41:24 AM »
Quote from: A.Hol;2867073
this totally just changed my view on guns.  ive come to realize that guns are, in fact, the gayest motherfucking things everrrrr.

Haha I love you.

I have a fucking arsenal coming my way.  I will have every gun I own completely loaded and ready at all times.

A safety is my fucking finger.

I will have more than 100 rounds in every caliber that I own, just in case some country invades and wants to start shit.

And to you Irish motherfucker giving guns a sexuality and all, guns will never go away.  The second they are prohibited shit will hit the fan, just like prohibition of alcohol in the twenties.  The United States Constitution is the most respected and sought after written document concerning rights in the whole fucking world.  Every upcoming country past and future used it or will use it to base a democratic system off of.  First there was the Magna Carta, then there was The United States Constitution, that's all.

Edit:  Couch, get a S&W .38 Special.  Reload the shells yourself.  Its strong enough for stopping power/self defense, and is really fun to shoot.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:42:50 AM by Birdmane »
L0F

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2009, 10:46:39 AM »
.40 or .45 for a good mix of power and affordability.

9mm is a little cheaper but not as powerful.

.44 Mag is powerful but you may want to check prices.

I recommend .40 for a good all around caliber.  I chose it because of the above mentioned reasons and because it can be found anywhere.  I can shoot it one handed and get back on target quickly.  You can see what the .40 recoil looks like here.

Glocks are good.  I wouldn't buy a Taurus.  A Springfield XD or XDM is on the same level as the Glocks.  Hold a variety of guns and see whats the most comfortable in your hand.

Offline Dead End

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2009, 10:50:10 AM »
Quote from: couch;2867112
Recommended caliber...?

I'm not a big guy, but I want something somewhat powerful that is still fun to shoot and manageable. I highly doubt I will use it alllll the time but I do want to be comfortable with it and have it be almost second nature to load it, and use it as necessary if the time comes. It will be more of a hobby type deal rather than hunting all the time. So if it feels like I'm slamming my hand in a door every time I shoot it it isnt a huge deal. As of right now I'm looking at the Taurus Tracker .44 Mag and a Glock 26 (9mm)as a backup. I also dont want rounds that arte tooo expensive if there is something cheaper and more fun to shoot. So basically something for home defense that is reliable (Glock) and/or something that is just a mean looking fun gun to shoot every now and again (Taurus). Would these calibers be ideal? should I go smaller/bigger...? I won't be shooting buffalo but I also dont want to have buyers remorse and wish I got something larger.

You really can't go wrong with a .38 special or a .45 in my opinion.  .44 Mag is expensive and 9mm won't do shit to stop someone.  9mm ammo is cheap, but so is .38 special.  If you wanna have fun i'd get a .357 revolver and just shoot .38 special all day.  You won't notice it and then you can also shoot .357 if you're feeling extra special.  .45ACP is about the best round and the 1911 gov't model type is one of the strongest, longest lasting auto (auto because it automatically loads the next round, unlike a revolver not as in you hold the trigger and it keeps firing) around.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2009, 10:50:10 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special