Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1766122 times)

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #600 on: July 08, 2009, 01:10:30 AM »
Quote from: couch;3027733
Wheelr, come hang out with me, chief and ilvmybicycle and I'll "give" you one if I make some.

A BG shooting range meet would be badass.

A good friend of mine just moved to Cali and I plan to visit sometime in the near future.  I'll let you know if/when I'm in the area.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #601 on: July 08, 2009, 01:13:43 AM »
Quote from: super.chief;3027777
There's no boars around here though birdmang.

But some of my e-friends are there!
L0F

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #602 on: July 08, 2009, 01:41:05 AM »
Wheelr, where at? I'm in Orange, about 35 miles South East of DTLA.

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #603 on: July 08, 2009, 02:53:16 AM »
He's all the way up in Sacramento.  That's why I say if/when I'm in the area.  If I head all the way to CA though I plan on seeing the bottom half of the state as well.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #604 on: July 08, 2009, 10:43:26 AM »
Hey guys I need a scope that can see .22 holes at 100 yards but wont break the bank.
L0F

Offline ilvmybicycle

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #605 on: July 08, 2009, 12:07:59 PM »
Quote from: Neckbeard;3028034
Hey guys I need a scope that can see .22 holes at 100 yards but wont break the bank.

you need to check out nikon scopes. they are nice and not super expensive. when i build up another snipe i will be putting one on there!!
g-troop[/SIZE]

Offline ilvmybicycle

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #606 on: July 08, 2009, 12:11:23 PM »
hey couch i am thinking about heading to buro canyon before i leave on sunday for tour. lets go on sat. ill let you shoot everything i own!
g-troop[/SIZE]

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #607 on: July 08, 2009, 01:10:33 PM »
Quote from: Neckbeard;3028034

A rifle scope or spotting scope?  A spotting scope is nice to have.  A friend can call out hits to you while you shoot.

Offline Macaroni Sandwich

• lonely fruit
  • Veteran
  • Ramblin' Man
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #608 on: July 08, 2009, 07:21:57 PM »
Guys, i've been wanting a gun for some time now.

I need to start off by becoming a resident of Nevada, right?
Then getting my permit?
Then getting a gun?

What else is there to do?

What would be a good weapon to get? I would like something that isn't too costly, accurate, a all around good "If I hear glass break, then footsteps in my house, someone is going to get shot in the belly" type gun.

I would like once nice hand gun, and one nice rifle of some sorts. A hand gun first, then a rifle. The rifle could be used for hunting, but also for the same reason as above.

Also because when we have an economic collapse, and people start parading our property to steal our fresh food source and to steal our clean water stored, i'll be popping them off left and right composting the bodies to enrich our soil.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #609 on: July 08, 2009, 07:43:38 PM »
Become a resident.

Get a 9mm pistol and a 12 ga shotgun and a .223 rifle.

Get a CCW permit and carry it.

You can carry whatever you want on your own property.
L0F

Offline Hank Chinaski

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #610 on: July 08, 2009, 08:29:18 PM »
Quote from: Macaroni Sandwich;3028536

Then getting my permit?
Then getting a gun?

What would be a good weapon to get? I would like something that isn't too costly, accurate, a all around good "If I hear glass break, then footsteps in my house, someone is going to get shot in the belly" type gun.

I would like once nice hand gun, and one nice rifle of some sorts. A hand gun first, then a rifle. The rifle could be used for hunting, but also for the same reason as above.

Also because when we have an economic collapse, and people start parading our property to steal our fresh food source and to steal our clean water stored, i'll be popping them off left and right composting the bodies to enrich our soil.

you shouldnt need a CCW to carry whatever you want on your own property.  It depends on your state if you need a gun permit, you dont need any permit or anything here in ol Virginia, you just go to the gun store, get your name run through the system, and then you get your gun.

Get a 12 gauge for home protection.  Dont use a rifle man, that shit goes through walls, not what you want at all with roommates.  Plus, your first instinct should be to get him out of there, not snipe him.  The sound of a shotgun cocking will deter most robbers, they want nothing of that.  And you shouldnt blast someone for stealing either, only if you were being attacked or they were armed.  For a rifle, something like a 30-30 would be perfect for most game.  Varmint, a .223 like birdmang said or alot of people are even using these .17 varmint rifles. http://www.gunsandammomag.com/cs/Satellite/IMO_GA/Story_C/Ruger+K77%252F17+Varmint.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:30:54 PM by Hank Chinaski »
Quote from:
His hair is alive with the crimson ghost of our father\'s lost adventures!

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #611 on: July 08, 2009, 08:45:26 PM »
.17hmr is great, but I like .223 the best.  I have a Marlin 30-30 336 lever action, probably the best gun ever, big enough to knock down anything in the country, but easy to handle and cheap gun/ammo setup.  

On the home defense issue, a 12 gauge would be great if you can handle or have shot a 12 gauge.  They are huge loads and have a lot of recoil.  You would be better off with a 20 or 28 gauge.  Living in the country, a rifle would be fine for HD, buckshot has a much higher chance of hitting an intruder.  

HD strategy should be based on staying alive, not on killing the intruder:  Get your gun, go to secured room, sit in corner and if a threat presents itself, then you fire.  Anyone can go on and on about this and probably will, especially on here.  It comes down to you getting a gun, be it rifle/shotgun/handgun, that fits you the best and that you are comfortable shooting and handling.  

For fun I would suggest getting a Ruger 10/22 or any used .22LR.  You can get 1000 rounds of ammo for less than $30 and they are fun to shoot all day.

For hunting any small on the cheap, pick up a bolt action .223.  You can find them all day for less than $300.  

Zombie scenario:  .223 AR15, 10 30 round mags, tons of ammo, sidearm, 12 gauge semi (google saiga 12)

Just have fun, be safe, and get what fits you and your needs the best.
L0F

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #612 on: July 08, 2009, 09:08:59 PM »
Quote from: Macaroni Sandwich;3028536

Then getting my permit?
Then getting a gun?

What would be a good weapon to get?

For Nevada laws do a quick google search.  You shouldn't need a permit to own a firearm in Nevada unless you want to carry concealed.  Read up to make sure.

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/nevada.pdf

As for a good weapon....there's a huge range of choices.  For home defense, a handgun or a shotgun.

For a rifle...do you want a powerful centerfire rifle or a less powerful rimfire?

If you can only afford one gun as of now and want to use it for everything, get a 5.56 AR-15 with a 16" barrel and collapsible stock.

If you narrow down your search from the choices mentioned above I'll help you with the details.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #613 on: July 08, 2009, 09:34:36 PM »
So I spent a good portion of the day today at work going over the .igs and PDF files for the 1911A1... doesn't look very difficult... Programming is underway.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #614 on: July 08, 2009, 09:38:54 PM »
How much would it cost to make the frame?

Materials and man hours?
L0F

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #614 on: July 08, 2009, 09:38:54 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special