Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1743160 times)

Offline sloppy

• \"Something Awesome\"
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #300 on: March 12, 2009, 01:12:39 AM »
Have any of you guys ever had a police encounter with your gun on you?

Knowing the cops in my area, it would not be fun.
Quote from: GeorgiaBMXer;1590816
At least I am not a idoit like most of you

Offline Hank Chinaski

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #301 on: March 12, 2009, 08:39:56 AM »
Quote from: sloppy;2907052
Have any of you guys ever had a police encounter with your gun on you?

Knowing the cops in my area, it would not be fun.

If you have a CCW, you're fine.  But I dont believe that Chicago issues them or there might be tons of BS you go through.  I was at a gun store yesterday and the people working there kept referring to our pres as "Comrade Obama."  Michael Savage was on the radio.
Quote from:
His hair is alive with the crimson ghost of our father\'s lost adventures!

Offline human

• PISSSS
  • Veteran
  • PISSSSSS
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #302 on: March 12, 2009, 09:16:57 AM »
You must spread some reputation around before giving to Hank Chinaski again.

Offline sloppy

• \"Something Awesome\"
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #303 on: March 12, 2009, 11:54:25 AM »
Quote from: Hank Chinaski;2907269
If you have a CCW, you're fine.  But I dont believe that Chicago issues them or there might be tons of BS you go through.  I was at a gun store yesterday and the people working there kept referring to our pres as "Comrade Obama."  Michael Savage was on the radio.

Man, i've had a bunch of cops all pull their guns on he for sitting on my bike in a parking lot while dumbass was running around with a pellet gun.  Even with a CCW i would imagine that they'd throw you to the ground and put the elbow on your spine, then make sure your legit.

Oh yeah, Handguns are illegal within chicago city limits.  That doesn't mean people can't hop on a train to the burbs and pick one up.

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #304 on: March 12, 2009, 12:48:02 PM »
Quote from: sloppy;2907449
Oh yeah, Handguns are illegal within chicago city limits.  That doesn't mean people can't hop on a train to the burbs and pick one up.

Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?  So now only the law-abiding citizens are wandering about unprotected and the criminals know it.

Should I mention these are Democrat policies and Obama bred his political career in Chicago?  Pretty sweet.

http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/news.aspx?id=122301

Offline A.Hol

• Big Money Bum
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #305 on: March 12, 2009, 12:51:12 PM »
Quote from: wheelr;2907496
Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?  So now only the law-abiding citizens are wandering about unprotected and the criminals know it.

Should I mention these are Democrat policies and Obama bred his political career in Chicago?  Pretty sweet.

http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/news.aspx?id=122301

but dont you see... it makes everyone safer!

Offline sloppy

• \"Something Awesome\"
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #306 on: March 12, 2009, 12:51:52 PM »
With all fairness the vast majority of those murders were gang related.

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #307 on: March 12, 2009, 01:05:48 PM »
Well, to be fair to the citizens they should have just outlawed murder and gang activity instead of stripping the people's rights.

Offline Small Member

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #308 on: March 12, 2009, 01:17:38 PM »
+1 for the right to own assault weapons eh? I'm sure they're loving their guns in Alabama.
The only people to shoot back were the police.
Sure, 'it all happened so fast' but that's how these things happen.
The gun laws are some of the lightest in Alabama, so why didn't someone blast him when he started shooting?

It's yet to be clarified if these were registered weapons. I have my suspicions that they are indeed registered.

I see very very little evidence as to why assault weapons should be legal under the constitution. They sure as hell weren't part of the arms the fathers were talking about.

Rifles? Sure. Handguns.....ugh....maybe....maybe. Assault weapons? Why not missile launchers? I should be able to own artillery too!

Fuck...
Quote from: Danno
I just feel a little bit wrong that I could have been in a swimming lesson or playing kiss-chase when they were being forced out of their mums clacker.

Offline Small Member

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #309 on: March 12, 2009, 01:18:50 PM »
Quote from: wheelr;2907514
Well, to be fair to the citizens they should have just outlawed murder and gang activity instead of stripping the people's rights.

Man, get off this 'my right' thing.

Your argument is identical to why they wanted to own slaves.

Identical.

'Well, it's my right! It's in the Constitution!'
I just feel a little bit wrong that I could have been in a swimming lesson or playing kiss-chase when they were being forced out of their mums clacker.

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #310 on: March 12, 2009, 01:41:18 PM »
Quote from: Small Member;2907522
Man, get off this 'my right' thing.

Your argument is identical to why they wanted to own slaves.

Identical.

'Well, it's my right! It's in the Constitution!'

No, it's not.

Keep trying.

Offline Small Member

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #311 on: March 12, 2009, 02:24:31 PM »
Quote from: wheelr;2907554
No, it's not.

Keep trying.

Keep trying at what?

You preach all the time how owning a gun is your 'right' because it's in the constitution. You have other reasons why you want a gun, and that's fine, but you always come down to the fact that it's your 'right'.
This is my observation based on the many discussions we've had on the topic.

Quote from: wheelr;2907554

And the only other thing that was in the constitution that protected the ownership of a specific thing was the right to own slaves. (Article 1, sections 4 and 9, and Article 4, section 2)

You argue that you are constitutionally entitled to own a specific item. In this case it is a firearm.

In their case, it was a human being.

I've always been against the second amendment as it is grossly misinterpreted today.

I've never had a problem with owning guns. I've had a problem with the idea that owning guns is a right of equal stature as the right to religion, freedom of speech, and all the other very important rights that protect a persons right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Offline super_chief

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #312 on: March 12, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »
Quote from: Small Member;2907603
and all the other very important rights that protect a persons right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of a collection of arms to fuel a militia.

he he jkay.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #313 on: March 12, 2009, 03:12:42 PM »
I fail to see the problem with legally owning a gun. With the proper background check and the ten day waiting period it is very unlikely some nutjob is going to go thru the process of doing all that just to start trouble. Of course it is possible, but with the amount of registered gun owners.... its a very very small percentage of people with bad intent.

I'm surprised they haven't banned automobile use yet. I mean, people run from the cops in them right? People hit people while driving, people drive drunk, the list goes on and on and on. A gun is a tool, just like a hammer, just like a screwdriver, just like a kitchen knife. If it falls into the wrong hands shit will hit the fan. When used properly, whether it be for home defense, self defense, hunting, target shooting, sport, whatever it is fine. I don't care about "rights" or the constitution. Its more about reason and responsibility. If you're a hack, you shouldn't have a gun. If you're a solid dude with any legit reason to own one and you pass the state requirements, whats the problem?

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #314 on: March 12, 2009, 03:17:03 PM »
Keep trying at what?

You preach all the time how owning a gun is your 'right' because it's in the constitution.  You have other reasons why you want a gun, and that's fine, but you always come down to the fact that it's your 'right'.

Ummmm, it is my right.  The reason it is number two is to insure the protection of the other rights you love so much.  I understand YOU don't think it should be a right but it has stood for over 200 years which to me is bolder than any statement you can make.  My other reasons I cite for owning a firearm are just side benefits.

You argue that you are constitutionally entitled to own a specific item. In this case it is a firearm.

In their case, it was a human being.

Ownership of an inanimate object and ownership of a human being is two entirely different things.  Keep trying.

I've always been against the second amendment as it is grossly misinterpreted today.

I've never had a problem with owning guns. I've had a problem with the idea that owning guns is a right of equal stature as the right to religion, freedom of speech, and all the other very important rights that protect a persons right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Can you explain how the second amendment is "grossly misinterpreted today"?

And sadly, the second isn't "a right of equal stature".  One must go through a background check in order to purchase a firearm.  One must follow hundreds of laws specifically addressing where, when, and how he can carry a firearm.  Maybe we should require background checks in order to excercise one's freedom of speech and freedom of religion as well.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 03:46:53 PM by wheelr »

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #314 on: March 12, 2009, 03:17:03 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello