Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1742944 times)

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #285 on: March 11, 2009, 04:44:32 PM »
couch, you are right on with what you are saying.  Pulling a firearm should be the LAST resort.

As you can read in the news piece, the pizza guy tried running from his aggressors and only pulled his weapon when he felt he couldn't do anymore to avoid the situation.

On a side note, this is entertaining.  No matter what happens, someone will always make excuses.

What happened
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQy2B-4dTi8

Family's victim mentality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2i8BqCY9r8
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:48:57 PM by wheelr »

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #286 on: March 11, 2009, 04:44:33 PM »
Living in DTLA I had more shitty situations happen, non bike related (see lapd hate thread). Riding in Orange County I've had way more problems.

Offline Zombie!

• mmm....brains
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #287 on: March 11, 2009, 04:55:25 PM »
Damn, I never would have guessed it be that way (Saw the hate thread) And yeah sucks that the police don't do much over there anyways.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #288 on: March 11, 2009, 05:13:25 PM »
Quote from: wheelr;2906386
couch, you are right on with what you are saying.  Pulling a firearm should be the LAST resort.

Most definitely. It would absolutely never even be pulled out unless I was sure about shooting whoever is on the offense. Pulling it out and not feeling confident enough to use it as intended is like bending over and dropping your pants. You're just asking to get fucked even worse. All its going to do is make the situation worse unless you know 100% the other person is going to back down. In California, from what I've read, there must be a warning shot first! I need to look further into this and see if this is just inside the home or what. I doubnt theres any way they can prove if I shot the perp or the wall first... Stop the problem, shoot the wall, thats the way I see it. If someone is stupid enough to break into a home, they have to at least be smart enough to know they might not come back out.

I don't think guns are a good threat. As wheelr stated, they are an absolute last resort. I need to get a link of my lapd hate thread up in here to help show my side. When the dude was banging on my front door for a half hour nonstop with a bandana/hood over his face in the middle of the night when I lived with my ex in Los Angeles, I wish I had a gun. I just so happen to know where my neighbor across the hall's bed is located so I wouldnt have been affraid of it going thru my door, thru him, thru the neighbors door/wall and hitting him, unless he was up that late. He never is... I was fully aware of the surroundings and if I had a gun at that time things could have easily gotten ugly. A simple note slipped under the door as a warning... if it didn't stop and that handle didn't stop turning back and forth he would have went right down. Over the past year I have lost a lot of respect for people in general. This doesnt mean I think someones life is less important, but I tend to care less and less about others that are leading shitty lives as time goes on.

I'll happily stop on the side of the road to help someone push their car or change a flat. Open doors, give money to strangers in need, all of that not only makes me feel good about myself (selfish I know), but it rubs off on others. Hopefully one day they will think of that and do something nice for someone else, and so on and so on. The minute someone decides to fuck with me though when I have done nothing wrong, I don't care one bit about them. If someone is banging on my door trying to get inside my apartment in the middle of the night and my girl is hiding in fear of whats on the other side, I will not hesitate to make you pay if I am able. Look for a fight and you'll get one is all I'm saying. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 07:40:16 PM by couch »

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #289 on: March 11, 2009, 05:25:55 PM »
hear, hear  *raises pint of beer*

If the media reported more of the incidents where a firearm was used in self defense instead of concentrating on and exaggerating the criminal uses of a firearm, thieves might be less inclined to rob and vandalize others person and property.

As for CA's self defence laws, you better check in to them.  They vary greatly from state to state.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #290 on: March 11, 2009, 07:41:34 PM »
:cheers:

Offline ilvmybicycle

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #291 on: March 11, 2009, 08:49:12 PM »
Quote from: S&M Trail Rider;2900498
should i get just a pistol grip, or one with a folding stock for my mossberg 500?

california gun laws are weird

you can have folding stock and pistol grips on pump action shotguns (if the overall length with at least an 18" barrel is 26"), but you cant on a ruger 10/22

get a KNOXX blackhawk stalk

shit is so dope
g-troop[/SIZE]

Offline prozachs@hucker

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #292 on: March 11, 2009, 08:50:19 PM »
I want this...

& this...
Refs:  Dick, Riderrc, bmxandie, vladtheimpaler, Chris_Noble, sleeper

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #293 on: March 11, 2009, 08:52:10 PM »
I dream of owning a .50 too.  If only it didn't cost over $3/round to shoot it. :o

Offline dougrayflops

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #294 on: March 11, 2009, 08:55:23 PM »
I use this mostly for hunting crack dealers, cop killers and deer.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #295 on: March 11, 2009, 09:31:31 PM »
G27 w/Brooks Tactical Agrip.

I just got the Agrip, Pearce +0 mag extension, and grip plug in the mail today. More motivation to get the actual gun. I have a bs warrant from a ticket I got over a year ago for not having bike lights on my bike even though I did. I was told it was dismissed... It wasn't so I got a FTA. As soon as this is handled I'm buying the gun.

Offline super_chief

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #296 on: March 12, 2009, 12:35:34 AM »
Quote from: couch;2906387
Living in DTLA I had more shitty situations happen, non bike related (see lapd hate thread). Riding in Orange County I've had way more problems.

I was relatively beaten on the porch of my house on late evening after riding my bmx several years ago.

On my way home from a late night riding session in my city a shady looking SUV followed me and some friends on our way home. I got the hint and pedaled my ass off to my house. The car raced ahead of me and 4 guys got out of the vehicle with baseball bats. I managed to ride up to my front door, but it was locked and I would have had to fumble with my keys. I turned around as they were on my heels and defended myself with my bicycle for a brief moment as they swung away. I received several blows with the bats before someone opened the front door and scared them off. I received several welts from the bats and a couple swings to the head.

Definitely shitty situations around here.

Offline human

• PISSSS
  • Veteran
  • PISSSSSS
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #297 on: March 12, 2009, 12:42:07 AM »
So a firearm would be a psychological comfort, or provide 'piece of mind'?

Offline super_chief

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #298 on: March 12, 2009, 12:44:09 AM »
Quote from: human;2907035
So a firearm would be a psychological comfort, or provide 'piece of mind'?

I'm not that compelled to purchase a firearm.

Just chiming in about sketchy shit.

Offline human

• PISSSS
  • Veteran
  • PISSSSSS
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #299 on: March 12, 2009, 12:59:11 AM »
I'm not arguing, I'm just wondering.

I've never really felt the need to own a fire arm, despite countless hairy situations. I'm actually quite morally opposed to them, however if you feel the need to do so it's you're right. But bare in mind that this is a largely unrestricted opportunity, therefore your assailant might be armed as well. Just some food for thought.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #299 on: March 12, 2009, 12:59:11 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello