Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1744559 times)

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #2310 on: April 29, 2011, 10:51:40 AM »
Quote from: Garrett.;3426390
What are the CC laws in CA? I know you can only carry 10 rounds in any given mag which is ridiculous.

it varies from county to county depending on the sheriff  some are "shall issue" similar to free states where you apply and get others you have to jump through some serious hoops to get it... the calguns foundation is workin on the commie counties last i heard starting with the one i live in. 10 round rule only applies to mags you didn't own prior  to 99? its not illegal to own standard/high capacity mags its just illegal to import manufacture or sell them.

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2311 on: April 29, 2011, 02:11:30 PM »
This is pretty badass.  Making the best of the situation I guess.

Offline sal, a man-deer

• Fantasy Whore
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2312 on: April 29, 2011, 02:13:30 PM »
ha, butterworth

Offline Hank Chinaski

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2313 on: April 29, 2011, 04:14:07 PM »
Suggestions for a cheap home defense shotgun?  I know it won't be ideal but I'm guessing I could still go blast some skeet every now and then with it right?  Changing the choke up maybe?  Not really that well versed with shotguns.

Also, theres a chance I might be moving to California.  I've got pistols and am planning on buying the shotgun.  Anything I need to know?  Do I have to register the guns or anything like that?  I don't conceal carry or anything so that won't be an issue.  

Thanks dudes.
Quote from:
His hair is alive with the crimson ghost of our father\'s lost adventures!

Offline Rick James

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2314 on: April 29, 2011, 04:36:30 PM »
You're probably going to be shit out of luck with your handguns.  They have to be on the approved handgun list in order to be legal.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2315 on: April 29, 2011, 04:57:57 PM »
Quote from: Hank Chinaski;3426651
Suggestions for a cheap home defense shotgun?  I know it won't be ideal but I'm guessing I could still go blast some skeet every now and then with it right?  Changing the choke up maybe?  Not really that well versed with shotguns.

Also, theres a chance I might be moving to California.  I've got pistols and am planning on buying the shotgun.  Anything I need to know?  Do I have to register the guns or anything like that?  I don't conceal carry or anything so that won't be an issue.  

Thanks dudes.

What handguns do you have?

Where in CA?

Offline Dead End

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2316 on: April 29, 2011, 04:58:24 PM »
FAL or L1A1  ....why would a US solider be using that are they being issued now ?

Offline Shake Junt

• Krokodil Junkie/Compulsive Liar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bikeguido.cum
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2317 on: April 29, 2011, 05:01:26 PM »
This is gonna sound basic as fuck but I know nothing about guns, but what would be a good "cowboy" gun?

Im a little embarassed asking this in such a manly thread.
Im Balding, Fuck the World.

Offline Dead End

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2318 on: April 29, 2011, 05:03:45 PM »
Quote from: Shake Junt;3426663
This is gonna sound basic as fuck but I know nothing about guns, but what would be a good "cowboy" gun?

Do you want a copy of an original or just a modern revolver ?

Peacemaker or Colt Navy copies would be similar to many of the guns used in the old west.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2319 on: April 29, 2011, 05:29:54 PM »
Quote from: Hank Chinaski;3426651

Thanks dudes.

Mossberg makes a model 500 pump that includes a 18" barrel for defense and a 30" ribbed barrel for skeet or birds. They are usually under $250 on sale up here in the NW.

Quote from: Dead End;3426662
FAL or L1A1  ....why would a US solider be using that are they being issued now ?

Foreign weapons familiarization. You put rounds through damn near every common foreign rifle.

A ruger single six is a good "cowboy style" revolver. Not a reproduction or anything but just a good single action revolver. And it's a .22 so it's really inexpensive to shoot.

Offline Shake Junt

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2320 on: April 29, 2011, 05:49:55 PM »
Quote from: Dead End;3426664
Do you want a copy of an original or just a modern revolver ?

Peacemaker or Colt Navy copies would be similar to many of the guns used in the old west.

Hmmm I would probably go with a copy of an original. Any idea what the price range would be?

Offline Dead End

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2321 on: April 29, 2011, 05:57:24 PM »
Quote from: Shake Junt;3426674
Hmmm I would probably go with a copy of an original. Any idea what the price range would be?

Depends on the company.  Colt still makes a version but they're pretty pricey ($1200 maybe), Umberti is one of the better reproduction companies ($500 maybe).

Quote from: zane;3426669
Foreign weapons familiarization. You put rounds through damn near every common foreign rifle.

I don't know why I assumed it was issued...that makes sense.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:01:03 PM by Dead End »

Offline Shake Junt

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2322 on: April 29, 2011, 06:06:32 PM »
Oh sweet! Thanks.

Offline jinx667

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2323 on: April 29, 2011, 07:01:19 PM »
Quote from: Dead End;3426662

It is not unheard of to take confiscated weapons to the range in country as long as we have ammo to feed it.  One of the funnest guns I have ever shot was a little Beretta 9mm grease gun.  Full auto 30rd mag.

OMEGA Bike Shop, Oceanside CA
http://www.omegabikeshop.com

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #2324 on: April 29, 2011, 09:17:02 PM »

I will tell you the best idea ever.  Its bad ass and economical and AWESOME.

Get  Ruger Vaquero in stainless, get some fake ivory grips on it.  Get the Vaquero in .357/38 special.  .38spcl is cheap to shoot, easy to shoot and fun.  The 357 mag will be for ass kickin'.

When you want a rifle you can get a bad ass lever gun, like a marlin or winchester trapper if you have the money.  Once again you can get this bad ass little rifle in .38spcl/.357 magnum.   You will have the most bad ass set up with the same rounds.  Then you just need some nice leather (holster), a good hat and a mother fucking horse.  

DO IT!

In other news...I just bought one of these, it will be here in a few weeks.  Now Ive got a full size (22 inch barrel) and a scout (18 inch barrel).

I am more than excited.

L0F

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #2324 on: April 29, 2011, 09:17:02 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello