Multimedia

Author Topic: Wild Trail setups  (Read 826242 times)

Offline Allatt

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #645 on: May 08, 2010, 04:33:10 PM »
i have to agree with zach. its gutting to go down the trails one day and find people are/ have been riding them.
although my experience of this is limited to scallies. not actual bmx'ers with respect for other peoples things
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 04:35:12 PM by Char Aznable »
allatt_man

Quote from: Austin Tasseltine;3558851
our collective incompetance is a part of this site\'s charm
Quote from: Sasha;3579313
Full guard sprockets are for moshers.

Offline ABCD

• <3 ROLLIN\' DEEP BRUV
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #646 on: May 08, 2010, 04:41:09 PM »
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 02:16:15 PM by GM »

Offline Eggit2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #647 on: May 08, 2010, 05:10:11 PM »
Wow guys, it's people like you that make trails awful.
Those ruts were there, the dirt is so hard packed it's like cement and nothing will fuck it up. Even if I did manage to mess something up I would fix it, and when I do meet the owners I am going to congradulate them and offer up some help.

Offline ABCD

• <3 ROLLIN\' DEEP BRUV
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #648 on: May 08, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 02:40:07 PM by ABCD »

Offline Wolf Blitzer

• a prick
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #649 on: May 08, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Eggit2;3277482
Wow guys, it's people like you that make trails awful.
Those ruts were there, the dirt is so hard packed it's like cement and nothing will fuck it up. Even if I did manage to mess something up I would fix it, and when I do meet the owners I am going to congradulate them and offer up some help.

If trails are awful, and you can't respect someones hard work, don't ride them.

Dah end.
Quote from: Panda-san;3302311
im black and i ride bmx

so that means it was me ?

Quote from: SlushPUP;3302314
yes, give it back

Offline HeyKid Matt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #650 on: May 08, 2010, 06:45:32 PM »
Quote from: Zach Bitzer;3277499
If trails are awful, and you can't respect someones hard work, don't ride them.

Dah end.

What about someones business that they most likely worked hard to acquire, and have to pay for property repair cause your messing up a rail or wall there. Unless somebody owns the land their trails are on, then it doesn't really matter, yeah it sucks but its not yours to say someone else can't ride.
Wizard Mob

Offline Big Ben

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #651 on: May 08, 2010, 06:51:24 PM »
if there was noone around, and you were careful and didnt fuck it up i dont see why its a problem having a ride of them.
obviously it would be less awkward if you knew the guys who made em, but you can make some inquiries and try to get in touch with the people who built them before you go down again.
i can understand that some people dont want anyone else having fun who didnt put the work in, but at the same time would you rather some other bmxers stumble upon your trails and be stoked on how good they are, or some mx riders tearing the place to bits?
respect works both ways
Quote from: Cole;3325836
God I fucking hate you Alice.

Offline Eggit2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #652 on: May 08, 2010, 07:32:28 PM »
Bens got it in perspective.

If you don't want people to ride your jumps, chain them up, and make sure they aren't visable on google maps.

It's not like we were being disrespectful in any way. I have been the "owner" of many jumps and I always welcome anyone with respect.

Offline firebikesmullets

• Turd Sandwich
    • View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #653 on: May 08, 2010, 07:48:38 PM »
i have to agree with the people who say it's a dick move to ride other peoples trails without knowing the locals or having their consent.

let's put this into perspective.......

Q: how many of you would be cool with a complete stranger picking up your bike(that you worked hard for and paid for with your own money) while you're not around and taking it for a joy ride without your knowledge or permission? it's ok though right? because they like your bike and are having fun on it. if your wheel is already a little bent then under rotating a bunch of 360's can't hurt because, hey, the wheel was like that when they found your bike.

A: absolutely none of you would be fine with someone treating your personal property like a cheap whore.

you guys should have respected the those guys' work and left a note or came back later to meet the locals before you took advantage of their hard work.

Offline firebikesmullets

• Turd Sandwich
    • View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #654 on: May 08, 2010, 07:59:46 PM »
Quote from: Big Ben;3277511
at the same time would you rather some other bmxers stumble upon your trails and be stoked on how good they are, or some mx riders tearing the place to bits?
respect works both ways

i'd rather nobody found a spot i was trying to keep on the down low.

Offline wood block

• View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #655 on: May 08, 2010, 08:09:03 PM »
Quote from: HeyKid Matt;3277508
yeah it sucks but its not yours to say someone else can't ride.

I hate to say it but I totally agree with not riding if you don't know the dudes. But doing work out there without knowing the dudes would be 100x worse, people do it all the time but it really is mad disrespectful to do. I wish I could be cool with it but whenever anyone comes out to our trails that we don't know I hate it, especially because I can ALWAYS tell, if you rode them I guarantee any true trail builder will know it. And the above quote is the fucking worst possible thing to say in this situation, and if you ever said anything like that at some trails when the trails boss is there you are in for some shit
"Its riding your bike for fun. There are a couple of people out there that understand that and a lot that don\'t." - Garrett Reynolds

Offline HeyKid Matt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #656 on: May 08, 2010, 08:24:52 PM »
How so?
Wizard Mob

Offline wood block

• View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #657 on: May 08, 2010, 08:31:21 PM »
well if someone puts hours upon hours of dirt slinging into a set of trails, they would get pissed at the fact that you would be disrespecting the trails they worked so hard on. Generally its just a dick thing to say, purely trails etiquette, which we should have a thread for actually
"Its riding your bike for fun. There are a couple of people out there that understand that and a lot that don\'t." - Garrett Reynolds

Offline HeyKid Matt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #658 on: May 08, 2010, 08:52:29 PM »
That bullshit comes with trails.
But, to go after another rider, or become angry with them for doing the same thing you are doing, just shows that you suck for bmx. Its not like Eggit and his gang were little 12 year old kids clipping every jump, or destroying the place.
Wizard Mob

Offline Wolf Blitzer

• a prick
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Wild Trail setups
« Reply #659 on: May 08, 2010, 09:07:46 PM »
Quote from: HeyKid Matt;3277559
That bullshit comes with trails.
But, to go after another rider, or become angry with them for doing the same thing you are doing, just shows that you suck for bmx. Its not like Eggit and his gang were little 12 year old kids clipping every jump, or destroying the place.

It doesn't matter. Sure, people getting shitty for non-locals riding there jumps is kinda lame, but in a way, it's nature. Territory comes with anything.

It doesn't matter if your there trying to have fun. Like I said, I could give a shit less if someone I KNEW came to our jumps, sprayed them down, or packed some dirt for a lousy 5 minutes. Let them ride all day long.

But if I came to my trails, and it was filled with strangers I've never seen or met before, in my life, I'd be fucking livid. So would half the people trying to defend there argument.

Except for maybe eggit2, since he's the coolest of the cool bmx wise.
Quote from: Panda-san;3302311
im black and i ride bmx

so that means it was me ?

Quote from: SlushPUP;3302314
yes, give it back

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Wild Trail setups
« Reply #659 on: May 08, 2010, 09:07:46 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special