Multimedia

Author Topic: East London Street Jam... POSTPONED DUE TO DEMOLITION OF SPOT!  (Read 13002 times)

Offline paulie

• Staff
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
East London Street Jam... POSTPONED DUE TO DEMOLITION OF SPOT!
« on: November 13, 2007, 11:58:26 AM »
it's all very last minute, flyer's not been sorted yet.

you may know the spot.... the wallride on old bethnal green road is scheduled for demolition. this isn't bollocks, we've seen the planning application made to tower hamlets for some flats, day care centre etc... so we're having a jam.

saturday 24th november, kicks off around 1ish. the snickers wallride on the corner of old bethnal green road and mansford street, london e2.

we're gonna try to get some home made ramps sorted. but if not we still have a banging wallride, some rails, a hip, and a subwall. plus the mandatory manny pad.

we're getting some prizes and various companies are being contacted. but it's not about points winning prizes, it's about having a laugh before the spot gets demolished.

so get down, it'll be a giggle.

i can't find a pic, but it's the red brick wallride in this vid.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 12:00:08 PM by paulie »
union  

everyday video editing hell

"The ship that is our industry is sinking fast and there only seems to be 20 lifeboats for 2200 passengers, and those lifeboats are only letting on friends or family."

Offline Krang

• formerly K.A.Spa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 05:06:45 AM »
I'll get down for this one fo' shaw!
I can have a word with James about some prizes and stuff if you like Paulie.
Quote from: Neckbeard;3191115
Kevin is a good looking guy.

Offline paulie

• Staff
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 07:22:55 AM »
Quote from: K.A.Spa;2114871
I'll get down for this one fo' shaw!
I can have a word with James about some prizes and stuff if you like Paulie.

safe man, that'd be good.

it's gonna be very, uh, loosely organised.
we're not really sure how to do it but there's been quite a bit of interest from some riders with various hook ups. i'm kinda jumping the gun by posting about it, but it's less than two weeks away!

as soon as the flyers done (hopefully this weekend) more info will be available.
union  

"The ship that is our industry is sinking fast and there only seems to be 20 lifeboats for 2200 passengers, and those lifeboats are only letting on friends or family."

Offline S*Brad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 11:54:22 AM »
Hey guys,i think i could gather a few chaps from my area to head up.I havent a clue where the wall rid is i know where all of the usual spots are like Southbank and all that stuff.Any directions?.

Brad

Offline paulie

• Staff
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 06:22:14 AM »
it's been called off!

the wallride is now a construction site, they move fast eh?

ah well. we may have a jam somewhere else in it's honor.
union  

Offline Sam White

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 12:50:34 PM »
Im down with a london ride. Wandsworth roundabout for a bit maybe?SICK.

Offline accesssport

• View Profile
London BMX Roadshow
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 04:15:54 AM »
BMX ROADSHOW 2012

Register here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9YWPL5D

Access Sport is teaming up with Chain Reaction Cycles to host the first ever East London BMX Roadshow in February 2012!

To mark the half-way point of the BMX Legacy project and showcase the fantastic new clubs in East London, the BMX Roadshow will be visiiting each borough on the following dates:

Monday 13th Feb:                   Wednesday 15th Feb:                 Friday 17th Feb:

Goosely Lane Playing Fields   Haggerston Park                  Hornfair Park
Newham                                       Hackney                                 Greenwich
E6 6HU                                         E2 9BP                                   SE18 4PE
11am - 4pm                                 11am - 4pm                          11am - 4pm

Tuesday 14th Feb:                                            Thursday 16th Feb:
Cheney Row                                                       Mile End Stadium
Waltham Forest                                                 Tower Hamlets
E17 5ED                                                              E3 4TN
11am - 1pm                                                        11am - 1pm

Come down at 11am to find out all about the new BMX club in your area and try your hand at one of the fastest growing sports in the UK! Get hints and tips from our qualified BMX coaches and pick up a goodie bag, courtesy of Chain Reaction Cycles!

FASTEST LAP COMPETITION

At Newham, Hackney and Greenwich there will also be a chance to compete in the 'Fastest Lap' competition for a chance to win a great Chain Reaction Cycles Prize!

This will include racing against the clock to record your fastest time of a lap of the track.

All ages are welcome however races will be held in four age categories:

Under 8s / Under 12s / Under 16s / Over 16s

N.B. ELBO (Waltham Forest) and Tower Hamlets BMX track completions are still in progress and so a 'Fastest Lap' competition will not be held on these days.

Please wear long sleeves and trousers if you would like to enter the competition.

Bring your own bike or borrow one of ours.

PLEASE NOTE Non-adults will need parental consent and so please download and complete a registration form at http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/zuvvi/media/Go-Ride_Racing_Entry_Form.pdf to bring with you on the day or send to amy.omalley@accesssport.co.uk

As well as providing fantastic prizes to the winners of the competition, Chain Reaction Cycles will also be making a kind donation to each club. Come along to watch the presentation!

For any more information or if you would like help out by volunteering on the day please call Access Sport on 020 7993 9883, email amy.omalley@accesssport.co.uk or contact your local club on Facebook:

Bmx-treme Bmx-club /  ELBO /  Hackney BMX Club /  Tower Hamlets BMX /  Greenwich BMX

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

London BMX Roadshow
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 04:15:54 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello