The Street > The Bike Shop

Experiance Rawing Sunday/Odyssey Parts?

(1/5) > >>

Bunky:
Does anyone have experience rawing Sunday or Odyssey parts?

I've got some Sunday 24umph bars I'm trying to raw, and I put some stripper I got from Hoe Depot on there with no results, and then tried aircraft grade spray stripper (which has normally done the trick on anything for me), with no results either.

What's the best way to take off this Black Magic stuff?  Seems that once it's on there, there's no getting it off!!!

RighteousBMX:
I used some orange organic stuff for my 2nd Wave, let it sit a while and that took a lot of the paint off. Then I went at it with a box cutter to scrape softer areas off. The black magic I just sanded, and wear a good mask or you'll be breathing in/blowing fine black shit out of your nose if you don't.

skateparkrider:
You need to send it to the firey depths of hell to melt it off.  Only way it works. 

Bunky:
The parts in question are only Black Magic coated, so no actual paint needs to be removed.

What is the Black Magic coating made out of?  Should I be wearing a mask/glasses if I decide to just sand it off?

KillSeth:
Bunky, I can't say that I've tried Sunday/Odyssey parts, but Wal Mart sells a spray-on paint striper, Citristrip, that has an orange top and green can. That shit has worked on everything I've tried and it's pretty cheap. Maybe give that a shot?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version