The Street > The Bike Shop

finally new powerbites.

<< < (3/12) > >>

Prodigal Son:
Shadow is fucking superb with their warranty. I had mine come loose and sent the cranks back, they sent me another pair. I've had them since they came out.

dude...:
i nearly threw up when i saw these. 2 piece powerbites? arreeeeeuuuurrrrrghhhhhhhh fuck you primo

Powerbite maintenance rules

1. grease the square ends of spindle = no creak (if you ride in the rain they will start creaking again)
2. tighten pinch bolts properly and evenly = no rounding out
3. grease pedal threads when installing = no insert coming out (ok maybe not totally true, but i find the inserts unthread a little way then stop. once you screw the new pedal back in the insert can also be screwed back in)

these new ones are disgusting though, another colossal primo fail

Thomas031:

--- Quote from: BilboBaggins on October 13, 2014, 07:43:46 PM ---I don't think anyone bought them to tell you how it went. Ask seth kimbrough

--- End quote ---

Lol hahah. He's still our reli-rock hero though!

--- Quote from: dude... on October 14, 2014, 04:20:17 AM ---
i nearly threw up when i saw these. 2 piece powerbites? arreeeeeuuuurrrrrghhhhhhhh fuck you primo

--- End quote ---

I don't really see where you're coming from. But i respect your point of view nonetheless.

It's just, they look 99,9% like the old powerbites, which imho weren't badly designed or shaped. You just need to like alloy cranks.
So to me,  saying those look disgusting is saying any power/hollowbite looks disgusting.

That's opinion. But what is so fail about it?
I don't see how there's anything wrong with 2-piece since everybody and their dog are producing 2 piece cranks.

The 2 piece design allows for these nice big hollow axles, and without these axles your cranks are nót going to sell these days.
Basically it's reduced in weight, while maintaining strength, plus they've updated the crankarm connecting interface to something that is going to outperform the previous design.

Doesn't sound bad to me. 

Your maintenance rules are right on, if you have 'old school' power/hollowbites; not a bad thing to say about it.
But the industry moved on to bigger and better things, Primo adjusted their design to the specs of todays consumers, and kept it looking like the same stuff.

If you ask me, apart from knowing how the inserts perfom, i'd say Primo did a good job on 'keeping up' 3 years late.
JUST like with their first female cassette.

That's a whole other story though, not smart but regardless, i still like to think Primo is a good company heh heh.

machete:

--- Quote from: dude... on October 14, 2014, 04:20:17 AM ---i nearly threw up when i saw these. 2 piece powerbites? arreeeeeuuuurrrrrghhhhhhhh fuck you primo

Powerbite maintenance rules

1. grease the square ends of spindle = no creak (if you ride in the rain they will start creaking again)
2. tighten pinch bolts properly and evenly = no rounding out
3. grease pedal threads when installing = no insert coming out (ok maybe not totally true, but i find the inserts unthread a little way then stop. once you screw the new pedal back in the insert can also be screwed back in)

--- End quote ---
These 3 simple maintenace rules are very simple to follow,if you find them difficult to upkeep,you might want to consider wearing a helmet even when not riding your bike.

The easiest way to prevent the pedal inserts from coming out is this magical stuff called threadlocker,I've used it many times on many things and it really does work as advertised.

Narcoleptic Insomniac:
Seriously. Once the pedal insert gets sorted out with some loctite Powerbites are pretty much fool proof.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version